49ers release Navorro Bowman; signs w/Raiders 1yr/3m

Forge

2 hours ago, spilltray said:

I don't see any reason at all for the Packers to even look at him. He's done. He's strictly a run down thumper at this point and the Packers just don't use or need those. They've been playing S at LB more than using a 2nd LB for the speed, so it would be the opposite direction the defense is moving.

We could've used him last week when the cowboys ran the ball down our throat on a 8 minute drive. Nothing wrong with having different type of backers, I know this is a passing league but you still have to stop the run.

10 hours ago, spilltray said:

I don't see any reason at all for the Packers to even look at him. He's done. He's strictly a run down thumper at this point and the Packers just don't use or need those. They've been playing S at LB more than using a 2nd LB for the speed, so it would be the opposite direction the defense is moving.

If he's okay with being a rotational player, I don't mind bringing him in.  But he's not going to play a big role.

59 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If he's okay with being a rotational player, I don't mind bringing him in.  But he's not going to play a big role.

Yeah, and i know that he wants that. What started this is that we started taking snaps away and rotating him. With Foster back, he was going to lose more. 

49 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, and i know that he wants that. What started this is that we started taking snaps away and rotating him. With Foster back, he was going to lose more. 

Not that I think he's wanting a diminished role, but you'd have to imagine that a diminished role on a contending team is significantly more appealing than a diminished role on a rebuilding team.  Regardless, I don't see the Packers being that interested.  Blake Martinez has been playing really well this year, and they've been using Morgan Burnett and Josh Jones in that ROVER role.

On 10/14/2017 at 4:38 PM, Kiwibrown said:

the Browns are good at linebacker. We have 4 good guys. 

If he's looking for a Super Bowl, Cleveland is literally the last city he's looking at. He'd go sign with Alabama before he signs with Cleveland.

Archived