Let’s talk Free Agents

pwny

Safety 100% needs to be a target imo. This Safety class is loaded with talent. Justin Simmons and Anthony Harris probably lead the pack, but there are so many good names to target here. Bringing in two of them is probably a very likely play for us as well, pairing up one of the high priced guys with a more middle tier guy seems very possible.

Offensively:

Corey Linsley C (Played for Urban at Ohio State, one of the best C’s in the game, move Linder to RG), Allen Robinson WR, Kenny Golladay WR, Curtis Samuel WR, Jonnu Smith TE

Defensively: Leonard Williams DT, Justin Simmons S, Tyson Alualu DE (big end), Marcus Williams S, Malik Hooker S (not that I want him but has ties to Urban and would be cheap I would think)

Edited by KhanYouDigIt
  • Like 1

My favorite few targets are Leonard Williams, Marcus Williams, Kenny Golladay, and Jonnu Smith. 

I just don't see ARob coming back even with a new org. top to bottom since he left.

I'm not sure just how active we'll be though. I know we have a lot of money, but it wouldn't shock me if we ended up with 1, maybe 2 legit top FAs and a lot of middle tier/buy low guys like Curtis Samuel and Malik Hooker as mentioned above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I just don't see ARob coming back even with a new org. top to bottom since he left.

I’m gonna continue to meme about Yan and ARob, but I do agree that I don’t see either one even entertaining coming back here.

If Robinson does anything other than go to a place that has a top 10 QB who is great at 50/50 balls, he’s a bonehead. Like his absolute worst QB choice should be going to wherever Stanford ends up, and any rookie or young guy with questions should be completely off his list. He cannot risk spending his entire prime playing with guys who are no better than Bortles, Trubisky and Foles. 

16 minutes ago, pwny said:

I’m gonna continue to meme about Yan and ARob, but I do agree that I don’t see either one even entertaining coming back here.

If Robinson does anything other than go to a place that has a top 10 QB who is great at 50/50 balls, he’s a bonehead. Like his absolute worst QB choice should be going to wherever Stanford ends up, and any rookie or young guy with questions should be completely off his list. He cannot risk spending his entire prime playing with guys who are no better than Bortles, Trubisky and Foles. 

He may go where Watson ends up and if he’s moved it’ll probably be the Jets.

12 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

He may go where Watson ends up and if he’s moved it’ll probably be the Jets.

Yeah, really anywhere that has a QB that fits that mold and doesn’t already have a true #1 receiver is a good spot. I’ve mentioned before that Watson and ARob would be a good pairing, but the timing of the trade, and it likely happening well after Free Agency unfolds, could make that a bit harder to pair up.

Outside of someone like Curtis Samuel, who we would hopefully use in a number of gadget ways, I really think us targeting any of the #2 guys is a big mistake. We really don't have the #1 type guy that will give them the looks they need to be successful.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pwny said:

Outside of someone like Curtis Samuel, who we would hopefully use in a number of gadget ways, I really think us targeting any of the #2 guys is a big mistake. We really don't have the #1 type guy that will give them the looks they need to be successful.

I’m not really sure Samuel is really a need if you have a player like Shenault. They are essentially the same type of player.

5 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I’m not really sure Samuel is really a need if you have a player like Shenault. They are essentially the same type of player.

If you’re going to build a large portion of your offense around RPO, option routes, and other new looks like people think we will, you cannot hinge your entire offense’s ability to run those plays on only having one player who can do those things. If Shenault gets injured, we’re really going to throw away 15% of our playbook?

• Like 1