Let’s talk Free Agents

pwny

2 hours ago, pwny said:

That seems to be the case for most of the #2 type WRs on the market as well. They’re not really guys who make an offense better unless the receiver opposite them is a true #1 cornerstone WR that can take over games. And I really don’t see Chark as that.

I think our market should be finding one of those cornerstone guys and/or guys who play the oddball roles like you’d expect Samuel and Shenault to be playing. And leave all the true #2 types to get overpaid by teams who are trying to make more of them than they are. 

Would godwin be more of a true 1 or a true 2

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Would godwin be more of a true 1 or a true 2

To me, Godwin is a #1. Not necessarily the type that'll allow someone like Will Fuller to max his value like I was discussing, but a guy that when you pair him with Chark, you probably have all you would ask for out of outside WRs.

What he did in 2019 is probably more than he'll ever do again, but I think the pace he was on this year; where he would have hit 1,100 if he played all 16 games is probably what you're looking at. Pair that with Chark, who I believe is probably capped at ~1,100 as well, and I think you have a really good duo that can be supplemented well with guys like Shenault, Cole (if they retain him), Collin Johnson, and maybe a guy like Curtis Samuel or another guy in that mold they find in middle rounds of the draft.

8 minutes ago, pwny said:

To me, Godwin is a #1. Not necessarily the type that'll allow someone like Will Fuller to max his value like I was discussing, but a guy that when you pair him with Chark, you probably have all you would ask for out of outside WRs.

What he did in 2019 is probably more than he'll ever do again, but I think the pace he was on this year; where he would have hit 1,100 if he played all 16 games is probably what you're looking at. Pair that with Chark, who I believe is probably capped at ~1,100 as well, and I think you have a really good duo that can be supplemented well with guys like Shenault, Cole (if they retain him), Collin Johnson, and maybe a guy like Curtis Samuel or another guy in that mold they find in middle rounds of the draft.

It will be interesting to see what the bucs decide to do with gronk Barret and godwin as free agents (off the top of my head)

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

It will be interesting to see what the bucs decide to do with gronk Barret and godwin as free agents (off the top of my head)

Lavante David and AB (who wouldn't be as intriguing if Brady wasn't obsessed with having him as a teammate) as well. They have a decent amount of cap space and a very small window to win titles, so I wouldn't be shocked to see them find a way to keep most of them by mortgaging the future a little bit.

21 minutes ago, pwny said:

Lavante David and AB (who wouldn't be as intriguing if Brady wasn't obsessed with having him as a teammate) as well. They have a decent amount of cap space and a very small window to win titles, so I wouldn't be shocked to see them find a way to keep most of them by mortgaging the future a little bit.

Barrett will be expensive (he took a discount first year. Tag last season.). Godwin cuz like u said he's like a 1b wr

25 minutes ago, pwny said:

You need more than two pass rushers. 

Not to mention neither have done close to enough to think they can hold it down yet.

Love what Chaisson did down the stretch/hard to evaluate Allen with the injuries, but we definitely can't go into next season with just those two and expect things to be gravy.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Not to mention neither have done close to enough to think they can hold it down yet.

Love what Chaisson did down the stretch/hard to evaluate Allen with the injuries, but we definitely can't go into next season with just those two and expect things to be gravy.

Yup. Like who knows if Chaisson is going to take a step forward and be able to complete his sacks; for all his growth and increase in pressure rate down the stretch, he has one career sack. If you’re legitimately comfortable for him to be your #2 pass rusher next year with no one else there to pick up his slack, you’re asking for a disaster.

Who knows if what Allen did as a rookie was solely a product of having Yan and Calais on the team. You’d hope not, but in his limited time healthy as the #1 pass rusher this year, he wasn’t exactly good. As a fan, you want to believe that those are just small sample size/growing into the role/a bad season/Todd Wash’s trash scheme that will account for all the issues, but when you’re building a team, you cannot rely one perfect outcomes from all your players.

That mindset is a large reason why our team has been garbage for so long; a guy does well in the last couple games, or looks solid as a backup, or has one season where he takes a step as an okay player, and then we treat the player’s position as if he’s a guaranteed #1 option there and that we need no one else behind him to pick up slack or to be there in case of injury. If Urban and co. decide to continue that tradition, we’re in for a lot more trash football, even if Allen and Chaisson end up being a good duo. 

You really can’t say in one place that we need to add to the defense to make sure Trevor doesn’t need to score 30+ every single game and then suggest we don’t need to add pass rushers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I don't see that happening.

I don’t think he’ll have much of a choice when it’s all said and done unless he wants to retire, but regardless I don’t see us waiting around to fill that role while he comes to terms with the fact that no team wants him as a starter anymore.