Let’s talk Free Agents

pwny

The build out of this roster is so much better than it has been in forever. Need the star power now and a few spots are still in dire need of additions, but we will actually have 53 roster-able guys for once. 

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

And getting all of these players in now means they can aggressively trade up for guys in the draft if they were so inclined, without worrying about sacrificing depth and ST players. 

Where even are we desperate besides TE now?

I still think we need a speedster at WR, probably more edge depth, maybe an interior DL with some pass rush ability. A safety maybe? Even then, Daniel Thomas looked like he may be something and Wilson is a starting caliber safety. I'd imagine we draft one, but it's not "dire".

50 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Ertz is better than both. I’m going Ertz...and with the Jags resources...I’m trying to trade up for Pitts. Think big

With the depth we added I may think about a move up for Pitts, but I don't think that's realistic. He's going to go too high.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I still think we need a speedster at WR, probably more edge depth, maybe an interior DL with some pass rush ability. A safety maybe? Even then, Daniel Thomas looked like he may be something and Wilson is a starting caliber safety. I'd imagine we draft one, but it's not "dire".

It’s just premise of filling in all the holes before the draft.. this was just the meat and potatoes the trimmings will be filled out through the draft.. I think they’ll get a shifty wideout and back in the draft.. additionally safety help.. edge is going to be difficult to find but hopefully they’ve identified some guys they think they can develop.

11 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

It’s just premise of filling in all the holes before the draft.. this was just the meat and potatoes the trimmings will be filled out through the draft.. I think they’ll get a shifty wideout and back in the draft.. additionally safety help.. edge is going to be difficult to find but hopefully they’ve identified some guys they think they can develop.

Of course, that's what I'm saying. We don't have to force any position besides maybe a TE. That is incredibly nice.

18 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

My full list of remaining needs would be

QB - Trevor + a vet preferable. But you could get by with Minshew as the backup
RB - someone who can catch
WR - more speed. Doesn't need to be early unless *the guy* is there
TE1 - biggest need left. Might even double dip here with a vet and rookie
OL - need at least two guys for depth

IDL - if you can find a guy who can push the pocket, but nobody expensive
EDGE - a low cost vet or two probably preferable
LB - maybe bring in some late round/UDFA guys for depth
S - would prefer another starter
SLOT corner - maybe depending on how you feel about Hendo, Herndon or Jones playing there

Realistically, you're talking like 10-12 more players total, and even if they're aggressive in the draft, 6 of them are coming in the draft, and 2-3 are UDFAs. So something like one starting caliber player (preferably TE) and a couple cheap week 2 type depth guys and we're almost exactly where you want the roster year 1 of a rebuild.