RB - someone who can catch
WR - more speed. Doesn't need to be early unless *the guy* is there
TE1 - biggest need left. Might even double dip here with a vet and rookie
OL - need at least two guys for depth

IDL - if you can find a guy who can push the pocket, but nobody expensive
EDGE - a low cost vet or two probably preferable
LB - maybe bring in some late round/UDFA guys for depth
S - would prefer another starter
SLOT corner - maybe depending on how you feel about Hendo, Herndon or Jones playing there

Realistically, you're talking like 10-12 more players total, and even if they're aggressive in the draft, 6 of them are coming in the draft, and 2-3 are UDFAs. So something like one starting caliber player (preferably TE) and a couple cheap week 2 type depth guys and we're almost exactly where you want the roster year 1 of a rebuild.

Yeah, I mean there's still some spots we could either use upgrades or depth ideally. Overall though it just feels like nothing is a must/we have to address it in the draft. It's a nice change.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Having a terrible QB every year sure didn’t help.

Yeah, can't say I agree with spending in FA not helping/being important.

We have the resources. It has to be spent somehow and we don't have the guys in house to pay. Look at what TB has done. Look at what happened in 2017 with us. There's plenty of examples of it helping. It's just not going to turn a bad team with no QB into a contender.

12 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Having a terrible QB every year sure didn’t help.

You have to think a lot of teams with established QBs don’t really spend wild in free agency either. I think this team actually has a pretty good mix of vets and youth if you look at the roster as a whole.. they may not have top end guy in his heyday like CC but I like the vets they’ve acquired.

4 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

You have to think a lot of teams with established QBs don’t really spend wild in free agency either. I think this team actually has a pretty good mix of vets and youth if you look at the roster as a whole.. they may not have top end guy in his heyday like CC but I like the vets they’ve acquired.

I do like what we have done as well. Everybody was freaking out after day 1. They obviously looked at the team and realized we had absolutely no depth. It has been a problem for so long.

If they can nail this Draft, we can compete for the division IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Sign Everett 

Trade for Ertz

Draft Pat F/Brevin Jordan

I want Pitts but it would cost an arm and a leg to move up.

Ertz was good in his day, but is he healthy?  Maybe I'm just thinking about Wentz with all the injuries.

Yeah, Pitts would be nice from a pass catching perspective, but I've heard he isn't all that great of a blocker for his size.  I've also heard that Friermuth's nickname is "Baby Gronk," so that might be the better way to go, especially if Cam turns out to not be as motivated now that he signed his contract.

I've heard mixed reviews about Brevin Jordan.  I'm no draft expert though, so take that opinion with a grain of salt.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

Ertz was good in his day, but is he healthy?  Maybe I'm just thinking about Wentz with all the injuries.

Yeah, Pitts would be nice from a pass catching perspective, but I've heard he isn't all that great of a blocker for his size.  I've also heard that Friermuth's nickname is "Baby Gronk," so that might be the better way to go, especially if Cam turns out to not be as motivated now that he signed his contract.

I've heard mixed reviews about Brevin Jordan.  I'm no draft expert though, so take that opinion with a grain of salt.

I think Pat F is very likely because of our massive need at TE and the fact we hired his position coach from Penn State. Obviously a lot of the guys we have signed have ties to the coaching staff one way or another.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I've heard pitts is good enough as a blocker.  I've got florida writers on my feed saying so. 

• Like 1