Let’s talk Free Agents

pwny

22 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I just want to know what we're doing. There has to be a plan. There's no way JOS and Manhertz is all we're doing outside of a rookie.

Darren Fells got released. I hadn't realized when I posted earlier. That's an okay move to wait out a rookie's development.

Just now, JiffyJag said:

Urban said that the TE room has to be “completely rebuilt” lol 

surely something is in the cards......right?!

Maybe he's gonna pull a BB and draft two of them in the same draft.

15 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

Urban said that the TE room has to be “completely rebuilt” lol 

surely something is in the cards......right?!

Well, we retained JOS and got a TE who'll be heavily involved most likely in Manhertz (not in the passing game, but on the field). Could theoretically get another depth guy and draft one in the top 45 and still be better off than we've been since Marcedes.

14 minutes ago, pwny said:

Darren Fells got released. I hadn't realized when I posted earlier. That's an okay move to wait out a rookie's development.

He'd be a fine option for sure. Not exciting but was super reliable for Watson the past few years.

This isn’t really the thread to post this and this also isn’t something I thought of until I saw someone point it out elsewhere but:

the bears really do seem to be on a 1-2 year delayed Jaguars trajectory 

they just got rid of their Bortles and now get to bring in their Foles (ironically while the actual Foles is still on their roster)

and now a lame duck coach and GM have begun the process of gutting their once great defense

guess they probably have Rattler to look forward to next year 

Edited by JiffyJag

1 minute ago, JiffyJag said:

This isn’t really the thread to post this and this also isn’t something I thought of until I saw someone point it out elsewhere but:

the bears really do seem to be on a 1-2 year delayed Jaguars trajectory 

they just got rid of their Bortles and now get to bring in their Foles (ironically while the actual Foles is still on their roster)

and now a lame duck coach and GM have begun the process of gutting their once great defense

guess they probably have Rattler to look forward to next year 

Me and @Adrenaline_Flux have been saying this since midway through the 2018 season. It started as me railing on the Jaguars for the way they handled offseason moves and pointing to what the Bears did as a more proper way to handle an offseason and him noting that their 2018 offseason was a lot like our 2017. And it’s just continued on every single year since then.