Let’s talk Free Agents

pwny

6 hours ago, pwny said:

Sure would be neat to have that guy that’s disrupting Mahomes. 

If this superbowl taught us anything, it's that games are still won in trenches regardless of how good your qb is. 

Investing heavily in the o-line and d-line would be my preference this off season.   Adding skill position guys would be lower priority to me.

-charles

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Charles said:

If this superbowl taught us anything, it's that games are still won in trenches regardless of how good your qb is. 

Investing heavily in the o-line and d-line would be my preference this off season.   Adding skill position guys would be lower priority to me.

-charles

Agreed especially since its not like we're set there anyways. Its an incredibly important position and we have needs there. Shouldn't be rocket science

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Charles said:

Investing heavily in the o-line and d-line would be my preference this off season. 

From taking to people who have followed him in college, this tends to be his focus; building up the trenches, finding guys to protect our QB/open holes and then to disrupt the opposing team.

But with so many picks and so much cap space, I think you can easily target that and find room for a CB/S/WR or something to spend on as well.

6 minutes ago, pwny said:

From taking to people who have followed him in college, this tends to be his focus; building up the trenches, finding guys to protect our QB/open holes and then to disrupt the opposing team.

But with so many picks and so much cap space, I think you can easily target that and find room for a CB/S/WR or something to spend on as well.

4 picks in the top 46, most cap space in the league, etc. No reason not to help in other key areas imo. All for bringing in help on the bookends OL wise, a proven edge, and building up the interior, but there's plenty of resources to spread the wealth.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Will be interesting to see what Tampa does in general. I’d expect that a number of our would be targets are either guys who leave there, or guys they scoop up.

Very interested to see what they do as far as Godwin and Shaq. Lavonte David is an FA too.

I know Shaq said last night he'd like to figure things out and stay in Tampa. But they can only pay so many guys. 

• Like 1

Just now, .Buzz said:

Very interested to see what they do as far as Godwin and Shaq. Lavonte David is an FA too.

I know Shaq said last night he'd like to figure things out and stay in Tampa. But they can only pay so many guys. 

Yup. They also could let go of Donovan Smith and Cameron Brate if they want to use some money to keep those other guys, and those two would be intriguing lower cost options at places of need for us as well. 

• Like 1

I’m very curious which of Urban’s former players he will go after. There’s probably going to be a handful that will be or likely be available.

Alex Smith QB

Carlos Hyde RB (yuck)

Curtis Samuel WR/RB

Noah Brown WR

Trey Burton TE

Chaz Green OT

Pat Elflein OG

Corey Linsley OC

Mike Pouncey C

Carlos Dunlap DE

Jonathan Hankins DT

John Simon ED

Noah Spence ED

Raekwon McMillan LB

Joe Haden CB

Quinton Dunbar CB

Gareon Conley CB

Malik Hooker S

I’m sure I am missing some, but I’d have to imagine a few players on this list will be on the Jags next year.

Edited by Chops013
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, pwny said:

Yup. They also could let go of Donovan Smith and Cameron Brate if they want to use some money to keep those other guys, and those two would be intriguing lower cost options at places of need for us as well. 

Yep, both would be very solid options. Brate has always been an above average TE2/low end TE1 I feel like.

Smith dominated last night. More of an average/slightly above average LT, but definitely an intriguing option pending on Urban and Co's. eval of Cam.

8 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

I’m very curious which of Urban’s former players he will go after. There’s probably going to be a handful that will be or likely be available.

Alex Smith QB

Carlos Hyde RB (yuck)

Curtis Samuel WR/RB

Noah Brown WR

Trey Burton TE

Chaz Green OT

Pat Elflein OG

Corey Linsley OC

Mike Pouncey C

Carlos Dunlap DE

Jonathan Hankins DT

John Simon ED

Noah Spence ED

Raekwon McMillan LB

Joe Haden CB

Quinton Dunbar CB

Gareon Conley CB

Malik Hooker S

I’m sure I am missing some, but I’d have to imagine a few players on this list will be on the Jags next year.

Mostly just depth options, but we need more of that in several spots. So I'd be here for several of them.

Samuel, Kinsley, Hooker (buy low) intrigue me the most.

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Considering the paycut for the position change, im guessing he wont want to change

He isn't getting top money regardless. He's more of an average/slightly above average corner at this point in his career.