Is Rodgers done in GB?

rocky_rams

On 1/28/2021 at 3:26 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

oilatmr-imgur.gif 

Overrated receiver...

GronkTD1.gif 

Curl route to shake off a double team for the TD. Gotta add his radius to his receiving skills. 

bradygronk.0.gif 

Burned through 2 zones, 4 yards of space created, soft hands, bit of speed, nifty juke and a finish. Against the Saints in the NO. Overrated

The Brady to Gronk connection was really fun to watch.  I'm sure those two have blessed New England fans with a lot of great memories.

11 hours ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

Maybe if Brady went to Bill's office to complain that someone else would make 15m more than him in the final years of his contract extension( which at the time made Aaron the highest-paid QB in the league) then maybe he wouldn't have a top10 defense as often?

Not everyone has a wife with a net worth of $400M. To put that in perspective, Tom Brady's total career earnings from being a top QB for 21 years is $263,041,804. So yeah, it's nice he took a discount, but it's because he could afford to to win.

The biggest wildcard about Rodgers is how he will age.

I don't expect a big drop off at 38 next year but what about at 39 or 40?

• Manning was MVP at 37 and a shambling corpse at 39
  • Brees had 5200+ yards and 37 TDs at 37 and 3768 and 27.3 TDs the next 3 years.
    • Saints went run heavy but he did not have it when they needed it in the playoffs.
  • Rivers had 4308 yards and 32 TDs at 37 and 4392 and 23.5 TDs the next 2 years.
  • Ben had an injury and Eli got phased out so they might not be good comparables.
  • From 37 to 41 Favre pretty much flipped from good to bad to good every year.
  • Nah, It'll be fine! at 35 million a year is one way to go, I guess.
Edited by SkippyX

32 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The biggest wildcard about Rodgers is how he will age.

I don't expect a big drop off at 38 next year but what about at 39 or 40?

• Manning was MVP at 37 and a shambling corpse at 39
  • Brees had 5200+ yards and 37 TDs at 37 and 3768 and 27.3 TDs the next 3 years.
    • Saints went run heavy but he did not have it when they needed it in the playoffs.
  • Rivers had 4308 yards and 32 TDs at 37 and 4392 and 23.5 TDs the next 2 years.
  • Ben had an injury and Eli got phased out so they might not be good comparables.
  • From 37 to 41 Favre pretty much flipped from good to bad to good every year.
  • Nah, It'll be fine! at 35 million a year is one way to go, I guess.

And that in there lies the problem....Many view Brady as reinventing the position by making 43 just a number on your birth certificate.... 

2 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

And that in there lies the problem....Many view Brady as reinventing the position by making 43 just a number on your birth certificate.... 

Yeah, I think its a 10 Super Bowls and doesn't age thing... kinda unique

Some people just turn into Donovan McNabb at 34