Is Rodgers done in GB?

rocky_rams

I see this getting tossed around and I don’t understand it? Aaron Rodgers just had one of the greatest QB seasons in the history of the NFL, and Jordan Love won’t be ready for at least another year. 

Packers were also very good this year. It’s probably the best Non-Super Bowl Appearance Packers Team ever. Even better than the 2011 15-1 team because they were much more complete this year. 

13 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

I don’t think anyone said the Packers wasted Rodgers career. 

but have they done everything in their power to make sure he has a capable team around him that can consistently compete for a SB? Drafting a QB and RB in your first two picks of the draft and barely drafting hot free agents don’t sound like it 

They've done enough that can be reasonably expected out of a team IMO.  Rodgers has had several teams that had superbowl potential.  It just didn't happen because it's hard for it to ever happen.  Peyton freaking Manning almost retired with one ring, and he tried his best to give that one away.

25 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This... if Packers wasted Rodgers then the Saints wasted Brees, Packers also wasted Favre, Colts wasted Peyton, etc. I understand people indeed say all of these examples, but when you're claiming every franchised "wasted" a QB maybe it's just not that easy to win a SB in this league? 

I think its that Rodgers won a SB in his only 3rd year starting, while Favre won in his 5th, Brees was his 7th or 8th, Peyton was his 9th, etc. After Rodgers won in the 2010 season, there was a sense that this was the beginning of a dynasty. If you had told people in February 2011 that Rodgers wouldn't reach another SB for at least 10 years (maybe ever) nobody would believe you. Which is why it feels like they could have done so much more

I do agree with the overarching point though, that winning SB's is hard. Plenty of greats have none or just one. 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 2

I don't think Rodgers is done in GB after this year.   GB has a shot to compete in 2021 and Rodgers at QB is the best option vs Jordan Love in his 2nd season.  His cap hit if traded is not going to create enough space to fill holes on the roster --- DL, CB, C.    If he is traded, they could get a few picks that might stimulate a soft reset with an influx of young talent.......... BUT....

that also means GB is likely not a strong super bowl contender in 2021 and thus would be best off moving some other pieces for picks to be primed for a run in 2022 and beyond with Love on a rookie contract for 2-3 more years.   That is also highly dependent on Love being a NFL starting QB that can lead a team to the playoffs and a deep playoff run vs what Rodgers currently can.  

He's an all-time passive-aggressive loser.

I can't believe he went 26-6 with MFL, went to 2 NFCCGs in 2 years and already BOOM! LaFleur under the bus.

"If I knew we were going to kick there I would have run a different play."

Shut up and suck less in the rest of the game. Put up 40 and you don't have to cry about 1 play.

It was a mistake by LaFleur. I can say it. You can say it. TV talking heads can say it. The QB leader of the team can not say it!

He's got a 4 year 130+ extension and the big baby "does not know about my future here"

• 2 years ago it was the coach
  • last year it was playing on the road
  • This year its the new coach!
Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

I am reacting in shock and anger.

I turned on NFLN to see him pouting and I was like WTF!

I figured he would be talking about getting close and next year and next steps. Instead he is throwing blame around and threatening to hold out or retire or who knows what?

Brady when Jimmy G was drafted "Bring it!"

Montana when they traded for Young: "Find yourself a comfortable seat, young buck." (I never heard any quotes on this from Joe to paraphrase but I am guessing)

McNabb when Kolb was drafted "Waaaah! My feelings!"

Don't be like McNabb.

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Montana when they traded for Young: "Find yourself a comfortable seat, young buck." (I never heard any quotes on this from Joe to paraphrase but I am guessing)

Don't be like McNabb.

Dude. Where did Rodgers touch you? 

I mean, you're not even a fan of a division rival. At least then the immense hate and anger towards Rodgers to this degree would be somewhat understandable.  

1.  He's not calling it quits.

2.  He's p*****d he lost.   It's human nature.

3.  He actually gave a much kinder answer to the Q on the decision than I would have.   I credit him there.  He spoke truthfully but tactfully.

I think he's a -1000 to return, and a -1000 to be wearing Green and Yellow week 1 next year.

This is heat-of-the-moment-raw-emotion we witnessed.   As he likes to say....R-E-L-A-X....

17 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Don't be like McNabb.

Are you referring to their attitude or their canned PR response? Or both.

I wouldn't be surprised if all those QB's were upset when the team drafted/traded for a young QB to replace them. Same with Favre when Rodgers came in, & Roethlisberger when Rudolph was drafted. I mean, who wouldn't, its human nature. Its just PR. Rodgers didn't hide his disdain, so what. It didn't seem to affect them on the field; today was a tough loss, but this was ultimately a successful season for both Rodgers & the Packers

Edited by 49ersfan

2 hours ago, Asciimo said:

Tampa will be even better next year. I'd go to the AFC if I were him.

Pretty sure he doesn’t have a choice. Honestly, I hate GB, but in the past 11 or so years, they are a decent defense (which they have) and a few plays away from a couple titles. I pray they get rid of Rodgers, but I also know that the Packers are a pretty smart org and wouldn’t get rid of their bread winner if they didn’t have a sure thing (in their opinion) waiting I the wings.

I’m a Rodgers fan but for him to have only been to one SB is disappointing. He arguably should’ve went back to back.

2012 & 2013 - Won’t hold against him. They weren’t beating the 49ers or Seattle.

2014 - Packers should’ve won vs Seattle

2015 - They werent beating Panthers that year. 

2016 - Falcons were too potent and Packers defense had no chance.

2017 & 2018 - injuries and missed playoffs

2019 - They were huge underdogs but his performance in the Championship game was awful.

2020 - Failure on his part. 

So by my count, I think he and his teams were good enough to have gone to 4 SBs.