Now that Pettine is gone, who should be the new DC?

BluePacker

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

I don't know any names.    but a profile I want is the following:  young and not a retread old dude.  I want someone that is willing to sit with MLF and discuss how NFL offenses target defenses and vice versa.  I am fine if the DC is only here for 2-3 years because he develops a tip tier unit and gets a HC gig.  

I want somebody from a Bowlesian defense. I can't watch anymore C2 shells

• Like 2

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not sure, not sure I particularly care that much. If I'm going to bring somebody in, I want it to be somebody who's going to easily transition their scheme into one that I want. 

Probably warrants a discussion on what is needed to run that type of scheme.  

I gotta go back to Drew Wilkins from the Ravens. He's a younger guy who has 11 years experience in Baltimore's system. I like the Teryl Austin suggestion from Pittsburgh as well, but something's up with that team. They've underachieved IMO. I also think you look at someone like a Jerod Mayo who's coaching with New England. He was a solid ILB and New England has done a lot with a little on that defense. 

Hire

Chris Hewitt from Baltimore.

Been passing game coordinator under Don Martindale for years. 

Or Chad Glasgow def. Coord. From tcu for 16 years. Would love a college coach who really can run a 33 stack or a true 425

Edited by hoekd0250