Now that Pettine is gone, who should be the new DC?

BluePacker

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Not mad at all lol. Why is this always a go to for people? Lazy arguments stay lazy. 

Considering you’re forcing this idea that it’s all about leonhard to me to make your point despite me already covering this, yeah I’d say you’re mad. The way you worded that makes it clear but sure man, laugh it off. It’s all good. 

Edited by Rodjahs12

No clue or dog in the hunt other than I want a KILLER D next year.
That should be easy enough eh? 🙂

No reason to think I've a leg up on any of these candidates - but Gray sounds like he'd be on a Top 3 List.  Is that ground in defensive philosophy? Not in the slightest. He's been here / done this for awhile now. Perhaps as Kevin would say: It is time.

The guy from Philly intrigues - also based on nothing tangible. I dont know squat about the guy individually or professionally - just that Philly has put some good D's together in recent years. Good chance he was a major contributor? Somebody will have to figure that out for me.

Leonard? Who knows. Youthful inexperience has it's place...I'm just not sure that place is DC for a team on the cusp of the Super Bowl.

I'll take it as it comes.

23 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Not mad at all lol. Why is this always a go to for people? Lazy arguments stay lazy. 

it's easy entertainment apparently 

On 1/15/2021 at 11:58 AM, beekay414 said:

Triggered 100%

Kate Mckinnon Flirt GIF by Saturday Night Live

On 1/14/2021 at 5:09 PM, beekay414 said:

Oh, man. For people saying WWE fans get triggered. Woo boy lol look in the mirror. All it took was two slight digs to get you guys going. It's easy entertainment!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Super interested in Chris Harris. Even if they don’t hire him for DC I hope they find a position for the guy.

What's so interesting about Chris Harris? He has been a position coach for only 1 year. He worked under Lovie Smith, Ron Rivera. Mel Tucker, John Pagano, Gus Bradley and Del Rio. Hardly an inspiring bunch of coaches to learn from. Those coaching staffs he was on went 8-8, 5-11, 5-11, 9-7, 12-4, 5-11, 7-9.

I'm struggling to see what makes him such an attractive DC prospect.

Edited by Chili

50 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm not saying Leonhard is a bad choice either. My issues with it is that people seem to think he's a perfect candidate without doing any thinking or analysis because he's a Badger guy.

See: Watt, JJ

The guy played 10 years in the league at a very high level, and pretty recently. He obviously has good insight into pro football and isn't just " some badger guy".

Anyone know who some DCs who made a recent jump from College to the pros? Successful?

9 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Anyone know who some DCs who made a recent jump from College to the pros? Successful?

Phil Snow came with Matt Rhule. First year so hard to tell but they did some good things.

Edited by beekay414