Now that Pettine is gone, who should be the new DC?

BluePacker

I'm just gonna go full homer and say I want Leonard now. Even though I'm not a Wisconsinite, it will make the 2022 super bowl victory that much more enjoyable for Packer fans.

Evero as second choice. Although, I do like his background and wanted someone from Fangio and he is a bit.

Leonard makes sense if you aren’t looking to start over. And given any discussion with Rodgers GB might be on the “win now” mode.

And I guess it depends on if LaFleur feels the Ryan system of defense is poor in general. But the vibe all year is... he is fine with the defense scheme/system. It’s the play calling.

If not starting over is important to LaFluer and it’s just play calling... Leonard could be the answer.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I'm just gonna go full homer and say I want Leonard now. Even though I'm not a Wisconsinite, it will make the 2022 super bowl victory that much more enjoyable for Packer fans.

Evero as second choice. Although, I do like his background and wanted someone from Fangio and he is a bit.

Either way, Packers are "going for it." Neither Leonhard nor Evero would be safe options. Swinging for the fences that either one can be a Staley in their first year. 

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

MLF has said he wants a “swarming” kind of defense.  I’d add a berserker element to that myself.  Which of the top three candidates resembles most closely this sought after style of defense?

Berserkers did mad drugs before battle. We don't want this.

3 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I lost the tweet and I'm not going searching for it. Silverstein seems to think it's been pared down to Evero/Leonhard.

good. Kinda wish it was that Burke guy from Philly, but...

• Like 1

I know everyone is leery of Barry and rightly so but we do have to concede that since the Detriot debacle he seems newly motivated and has opened his eyes to coaching different systems away from Marinelli failed 4-3 with Detroit.

For the past four years he has helped coached Phillips 3-4 and Staley 3-4 via Vic Fangio. He has seen playoff success coaching those systems. Whilst doing all that he has visibly lost weight which takes motivation, effort and discipline to do. Being part of McVay's culture really did him a world of good. I don't think he is the same person as he was 12 years ago. More motivated, wiser and more experienced.

Matt LaFleur would have to be very brave to hire him because its not a good look to step up in front of the media and say you have upgraded coordinators with one who oversaw their division rivals 0-16 season, even if what he says is the truth. He would have to be very brave indeed and must be absolutely 100% convinced beyond any doubt.

This is why I think Evero who happens to know everything Barry does is the much safer hire. He doesn't have the stigma following him around. However he doesn't strike me as a high energy guy who puts out swarming, high energy and effort defences. Of course there's no way we can possibly know that. Hopefully the interviews will give an insight to his personality and coaching style.

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

I like Burke too but pushing for Jimmy L.  Highly motivated high energy guy who I believe the players will relate to very well.  Could still hire an older guy to provide assistance as is so common in the NFL these days.

And I have to thank you Joe.  What do I have to thank you for?  Every thing you write I hear your namesake saying it.

Thank you for NOT choosing Cleveland.

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

The same guy who had the likes of Kiko Alonso, Cameron Wake, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Bobby McCain, Reshad Jones, Jerome Baker, Raekwon McMillan, Robert Quinn, and Xavien Howard on his defence and still somehow turned them into the 29th ranked defence in the NFL. Yikes! No thanks.

If he can't command these group of men then why would we think he would do any better here?

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I think it's down to Leonhard and Evero, but watch me have to eat my own words.

Out of all the people we know of interviewing, I hope this is the case. Obviously risky with either pick but rather they go this route than with a retread

I know i'm being silly but is the Leonhard v Evero shaping up to be another TJ Watt v King scenario?

The one the fans want isn't necessarily the one we will get. 😄

I can already see the years of complaining from fans. Brace yourselves people!

Edited by Chili