Chargers first round pick Mike Williams may miss season

pwny

A few posters in the old forum thread scoffed at the idea that Williams' back injury was "minor". There's hardly such a thing when it comes to football. A year off to get it 100% is terrible for Chargers fans but you can't rush back from this injury. He should look into stem cell injections.

35 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

A few posters in the old forum thread scoffed at the idea that Williams' back injury was "minor". There's hardly such a thing when it comes to football. A year off to get it 100% is terrible for Chargers fans but you can't rush back from this injury. He should look into stem cell injections.

Yeah back injuries are no joke.  They're ended or derailed the careers of many players.  Currently derailing the best TE we've ever seen play the game.

33 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Is this related to that neck injury or is this something entirely new?

Not sure.  Have they specified which discs in any reports?

Fortunately, the Chargers have the depth (for now... someone might want to bubble-wrap Keenan Allen) at WR to sustain this without huge loss.

Rough news. Was the report saying that they think it happened at the combine/during workouts legit? If so, has to piss off the Chargers brass at least a little bit that he hid it so well. xD

Was a huge fan of this guy in college, so hopefully it isn't a huge issue long term. 

Every back injury is  pretty much serious. I think outside of neck , back injuries are the hardest to come from(honorable hamstring injuries). 

Sucks tho i really liked him as a prospect, was going to give me a good reason to watch the Chargers. 

From personal experience, back, and specifically disc, issues are horrible.  You can be completely fine one day and just happen to twist just slightly wrong and be in excruciating pain just trying to strand up straight after bending over.

On 7/20/2017 at 1:42 PM, theJ said:

Yeah back injuries are no joke.  They're ended or derailed the careers of many players.  Currently derailing the best TE we've ever seen play the game.

As well as the best DE of this generation.

Horrible news, Williams was a key need for a team that is watching the clock tick on Phillip Rivers' career. Another year of a makeshift WR unit for Rivers isn't what we wanted, or expected.

I gots me a herniated disc and a bulging disc. I literally couldn't move for two days. Had back spasms also to go w/ it. Was  the most intense pain I have ever felt in my life. Never do I want to go through that again. Feel bad for the kid b/c I like watching him play but he's a Charger soooooooo.........

Archived