Chargers first round pick Mike Williams may miss season

pwny

On 7/20/2017 at 3:33 PM, The LBC said:

Not sure.  Have they specified which discs in any reports?

Fortunately, the Chargers have the depth (for now... someone might want to bubble-wrap Keenan Allen) at WR to sustain this without huge loss.

Going to have an absolutely deadly receiving corps for 2 weeks until Allen tears his other ACL

1 hour ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Going to have an absolutely deadly receiving corps for 2 weeks until Allen tears his other ACL

Neck/kidney one year.  ACL the next.  Pretty sure he's due for an elbow injury this year.

Back problems are always rough for football. It's honestly probably best that he takes the time off, even if it's just questionable. You don't want to go back on the field with that kind of concern.

Definitely puts more pressure on Keenan Allen staying healthy. Still a much better corp without Williams than they've had recently.

Williams now disputing the original report:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/chargers-mike-williams-denies-reports-of-season-ending-back-surgery/

Williams (back) is denying reports that he may need season-ending back surgery, NFL.com's Lakisha Jackson reports. "I'm good. Everything good. The back situation. That was some false information being released," the receiver said Saturday. "I don't know who released it but everything is good."

I really hope that is true. This injury in theory is sustainable with the supposed depth we have at WR but this would be pretty devastating for a first round WR missing his first year we've seen it in the past and even recently with players like White from Chicago and Perriman from Baltimore. It would be a real shame to go down that route. 

Plus despite having more freak injuries than I could ever imagine and the fact he seems to be in good form and ready to make his comeback after basically missing a year and a half minus 2 Qs I am worried about akeeman Allen and I will be after every single catch this season. 

16 hours ago, Bednarik60 said:

Didn't Adam Schefter first report it? If so then hes probably got the injury but is going to try and play through it and they want to conceal it so hes not targeted. 

Honestly I'm waiting for Schefter to release the surgeons schedule showing Williams is indeed having a surgery. JPP style.

Did Schefter ever get in trouble for that? Or the medical professional that sent it to him?

I wasn't super impressed with Williams as a prospect, but I hope he can come back from this and prove me wrong. 

6 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Honestly I'm waiting for Schefter to release the surgeons schedule showing Williams is indeed having a surgery. JPP style.

Did Schefter ever get in trouble for that? Or the medical professional that sent it to him?

I wasn't super impressed with Williams as a prospect, but I hope he can come back from this and prove me wrong. 

ESPN took the hit for Schefter and settled with JPP out of court for a undisclosed amount.  And i don't know what happen to the person who sent Schefter the document.

Archived