Super Bowl LV: Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

BayRaider

Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2021 at 11:35 PM

Super Bowl LV

Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Esi_s0mUcAM8_tg?format=jpg&name=large

Date: Sunday, February 7th

Time: 3:30pm PST, 5:30pm CST, 6:30pm EST

Channel: CBS

Broadcasters: Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

Expected Attendance: 22,000

Game Discussion Starts On: Whatever page the game discussion starts in this thread, I will edit in the link here to that page, so this thread will have a Table of Contents going on for archive purposes.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Archimedes said:

Man, I would’ve been worried about the Saints or the Packers. The Bucs? Not so much. Credit to Brady and the boys for getting it done, but I think this is a mismatch.

Saints fans said the same, GB fans said the same....don’t get me wrong, KC is a matchup nightmare for anyone and easily the favorites, but it’s not like TB is a slouch, they beat both teams you said you were worried about, on the road. 

• Like 1

Most of the time I'd wait until the second week to post my Super Bowl Prediction, but this was my Bracket Super Bowl Prediction before the playoffs started, so I don't have to wait.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers defeat Kansas City Chiefs: 30-28.

Super Bowl MVP: Tom Brady

My Thoughts:

- First game was closer than people realize. Yes, Bucs made it close late, but they were fully still in it. They played the Chiefs tough and physical, and gave them problems.

- It took Tyreek Hill to have a career day with 270 yards and 3 TD's to beat the Bucs. That's not gonna happen this time. Hill will probably get 120 yards and a TD, but not a career type day. Can the Chiefs still win without Hill going off? Sure, but I give the edge to the Bucs here.

- Tom Brady and the Bucs will be playing the first ever home Super Bowl. I just cannot envision Brady and the Bucs losing this. They are gonna play their hearts out, and I have a feeling the defense is gonna show up in a BIG way! They will be nasty and physical, just like they have been the past two games against the Packers and Saints.

- I am 7-3 in my past 10 Super Bowl Predictions:

Super Bowl XLV: Green Bay Packers over Pittsburgh Steelers (W)

Super Bowl XLVI: New York Giants over New England Patriots (W)

Super Bowl XLVII: San Francisco 49ers over Baltimore Ravens (L)

Super Bowl XLVIII: Seattle Seahawks over Denver Broncos (W)

Super Bowl XLIV: New England Patriots over Seattle Seahawks (W)

Super Bowl 50: Denver Broncos over Carolina Panthers (W) (made a ton of $ on this one)

Super Bowl LI: Atlanta Falcons over New England Patriots (L)

Super Bowl LII: Philadelphia Eagles over New England Patriots (W)

Super Bowl LIII: New England Patriots over Los Angeles Rams (W)

Super Bowl LIV: San Francisco 49ers over Kansas City Chiefs (L)

• Like 1

Just now, PatriotsWin! said:

Rooting for the Bucs... but that KC offense is borderline unstoppable. Going to be a shootout.

Same, my head has picked against the Bucs the last two weeks, but my heart was rooting for the Bucs.

Nothing will change in two weeks. Head says KC by double digits, heart hopes that TB can come out on top somehow. 

Truthfully, you couldn't really go wrong with any of the 4 teams who played today.  

But outside of some real weirdness of TAM not being able to drive in the 1Q, and their absolute wretched bad team matchups vs. NO (which they overcame with a +4 TO differential 7 days ago), they were the most complete team in the NFC.   

KC is the best team in the AFC, and they earned their 1 seed.   They earned being the 3 pt favorite here, too, even though the game is actually being played at TAM.

-The news that Eric Fisher is out, though - is massive.   And while BUF didn't make Mahomes pay - the BUF lack of pass rush, and their set up for run D problems, and giving up the short stuff, KC mercilessly exploited.    TAM's D sets up a lot better than BUF's did.     This is compounded by Mahomes having turf toe.   BUF did not take advantage, but it's pretty clear Mahomes was limited.  And turf toe isn't going away with 2 weeks of rest.   Frankly, a fully manned KC OL and Mahomes beats TAM pretty soundly IMO - but that's not the situation.  And the KC run game that had success against BUF, has a much different animal to face in TAM's run D.   Those injuries combined with Mahomes' limited mobility, man this is an issue.

-Injury-wise, TAM will get 2 guys back who will be huge - AB (wasn't as much to miss him vs. GB, since GB can't cover well with their 2nd / 3rd CB's, and Alexander doesn't travel) & S Antoine Winfield Jr.   The Bucs did OK with Winfield's backup playing, but when they lost their SS Whitehead, GB's comeback was based on just abusing #26 (I don't even know who he is lol).    Getting Winfield Jr. back, even if it's with Mike Edwards as FS and Winfield moving to SS - is a big key to restoring their already-successful pass D.   And the last part - Vita Vea showed rust in the 1H, getting pushed around for the GB TD drive in the 2Q - but then came out with key pressure moments that helped the EDGES get to A-Rod.  Vea now gets 2 weeks to get in full game condition - and I can't stress how huge that is.   Inside pressure on pass downs, and an absolute anchor to solidify TAM's already stout run D. 

-Now, when TAM O's is on the field, KC's secondary is going to pose a lot more problems for TAM than GB's secondary did - but unlike BUF, TAM can roll 3-4 WR, or 3-WR and 2-TE to take the underneath stuff.   Allen really struggled with those choices - Brady shouldn't.   And the bigger difference - TAM has the run game that can balance the D a lot more than what BUF did (why they didn't run Allen more is a mystery, though). 

So in the end, I think the 3-pt spread is very well calculated - but with the game at TAM, and suddenly Fisher out (joining Osemele, Schwartz, and Duvernay-Tardif sitting out) - we've got a Giants - Pats type setup here - except Tam's O is more potent than NYG's.   Or the CAR-DEN game (where CAR was favored by 5.5 pts at gametime) - and while Mahomes is meta-levels above Cam 2015 (duh), it's less-mobile Mahomes, and a TAM O that is also meta-levels above DEN's O with the corpse of Peyton Manning 2015.

A KC W won't surprise me at all, but I think we're in for a classic.   If Mahomes didn't have turf toe and limited mobility, and KC's OL wasn't decimated, I'd see a KC 7-pt win.   As it is, this might be one for the ages - maybe our 2nd OT game, maybe a last-drive winning / D stand type situation.

I said it before with TAM-GB, but it applies 10x here....

HonoredCleanIberianemeraldlizard-size_re

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Rooting for the Bucs... but that KC offense is borderline unstoppable. Going to be a shootout.

The last time we thought we were getting a shootout was Rams vs Pats and it ended up being the lowest scoring game ever. 

This game I feel like is going to be about whether TB fires on all cylinders with their crew and their defense can put immense pressure on the beat up KC offensive line. If they do that, it could be a rough night. But if they can’t, KC is going to be brutal to hang with. I could see it being lopsided in either direction tbh.