Super Bowl LV: Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

BayRaider

Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2021 at 11:35 PM

32 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Huh?

My nickname for Thomas Brady. Like how Kobe was the mamba, etc. Started calling him Venom after the 4 game suspension. Knew he was gonna come back pissed off and win a Superbowl. Now he has that look in his eyes that I'm going to show the Pats what time it is and win a 7th ring. Alas, Venom has returned.

8 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

No. If my team won the SB then a stupid logo is the last thing I'm going to remember about it.

The only thing I care about in the SB is; who is playing, what time it starts, where it's at, who is headlining the half-time show, and the commercials.  

Great, speak for yourself. But a lot of the apparel winning teams fans buy has the damn logo on it, so to say they don't know what it looks like means they don't know what's on their own clothes.

1 hour ago, RavensfanRD said:

My nickname for Thomas Brady. Like how Kobe was the mamba, etc. Started calling him Venom after the 4 game suspension. Knew he was gonna come back pissed off and win a Superbowl. Now he has that look in his eyes that I'm going to show the Pats what time it is and win a 7th ring. Alas, Venom has returned.

If Brady is Venom than Mahomes is Carnage 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 1:44 PM, mattyice0401 said:

I went with the Bucs in this one. People keep on saying that there’s no way the Bucs D can contain KCs WRs but how in the heck can KC contain Mike Evans, Godwin, AB and Tyler Johnson? Also didn’t mention Cameron Brate and Gronk. Just something I noticed in the thread so far. 

TB has weapons galore but they aren't nearly as consistently lethal as KC is when it comes to scoring points IMO. You see short bursts of extremely efficient production by TB, but then you have whole halves like this past weekend where they just look completely out of sync.

TB will need to play a full 4 QTRs of high quality football in order to win, if they take even 1 QTR off, I think they lose by double digits.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

TB has weapons galore but they aren't nearly as consistently lethal as KC is when it comes to scoring points IMO. You see short bursts of extremely efficient production by TB, but then you have whole halves like this past weekend where they just look completely out of sync.

TB will need to play a full 4 QTRs of high quality football in order to win, if they take even 1 QTR off, I think they lose by double digits.

Chiefs are like that too, quarters/halves(sometimes just 5 minutes lol) of ultra efficient play that can knock others out. The AFC Championship was the first time in a while they played a consistently great game for almost the entire game. 

I think it all comes down to when in the game it happens for both sides. 

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

This. Hill is probably the best current WR and Kelce is far and away the best current TE. They would be considered a premiere game breaker on any team and he has both. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

I wish both teams could lose.

But if forced to choose, KC won last year, and it's more than just TB12 & AB, so I'd root for TAM.  Even taking that aside, I do like the matchup for TAM more given the OL depletion and Mahomes' limited mobility vs. TAM's D - otherwise, yes, I'd see a 7-10 pt KC W.  But now it should be an absolute banger of a game.

19 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

But if forced to choose, KC won last year, and it's more than just TB12 & AB, so I'd root for TAM.  Even taking that aside, I do like the matchup for TAM more given the OL depletion and Mahomes' limited mobility vs. TAM's D - otherwise, yes, I'd see a 7-10 pt KC W.  But now it should be an absolute banger of a game.

TAM will be palatable if only to irk Belichick. I feel like Mahomes will go through TAM's D like a hot knife through butter if Shaq Barrett doesn't terrorize him. If KC spots them an early lead, they may be able to ride the TOP to victory, provided that Brady doesn't throw a couple picks.

All that said, Brady is always a hard out.

22 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

I think Fisher absence won’t be that bad. Here’s Mahomes stats when Fisher missed weeks 2-10 last year.

168/258 (65.1%) 2,248 yards 8.71 YPA 15 TD, 1 INT 110.4 PR 10 sacks.

They didn't face Shaq Barrett and JPP in all those games though. 

9 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

They didn't face Shaq Barrett and JPP in all those games though. 

That’s a fair point just pointing out Mahomes level of play barely dipped without Fisher. Going to be interesting how Reid and Co try and slow down that pass rush.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

That’s a fair point just pointing out Mahomes level of play barely dipped without Fisher. Going to be interesting how Reid and Co try and slow down that pass rush.

Pre snap motions and all that andy reid crap. "Ferrari right" etc

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

I think Fisher absence won’t be that bad. Here’s Mahomes stats when Fisher missed weeks 2-10 last year.

168/258 (65.1%) 2,248 yards 8.71 YPA 15 TD, 1 INT 110.4 PR 10 sacks.

Think about Bakhtiari. Green Bay did not miss him until they had to face JPP, Shaq Barrett, Suh, and Vita Vea.

• Insert Packers offensive stats from week 17 and the divisional round

Its going to matter that Fisher is out. We will see how much.

2007 was an unstoppable offense with a QB on a bad leg getting killed by a dominant pass rush.

This does not have to be a repeat of 2007, but it could be.