Super Bowl LV: Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

BayRaider

Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2021 at 11:35 PM

10 hours ago, DannyB said:

I just have the feeling that no matter what the score says, the Chiefs will be in total control of the game, that just always seems to be the story. They play blindfolded with one hand behind their back and then whenever they feel like it, Mahomes is suddenly just like "okay, TD, TD, TD".

Mahomes legit might win like 8 effing times in the next 10 years or something. I've never seen anything like him.

Found the owner of the kirill burner account. Calm down Chiefs are very beatable.. let them try to win 2 before we give them 8 in 10 years. Which i guarantee they won't even come remotely close to.

3 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Bucs have elected to wear their white road jerseys. It always bugs me when the "home" team chooses the road unis for some reason. 

In fact, it makes the poster in the OP obsolete. It's like the Bucs didn't even consider that.

The New England Patriots defeated the Atlanta Falcons to win Super Bowl LI, but the result was already in the cards when the Falcons opted to wear red jerseys. With the Patriots victory, teams in white jerseys now have wins in 12 of the last 13 Super Bowls.

It all started in 2005 when the white jersey-wearing Patriots topped the Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl XXXIX, 24-21. It launched over a decade of dominance by white jersey teams:

White jerseys dominate the Super Bowl

Super Bowl Winner Jersey Loser Jersey
XXXIX Patriots white Eagles green
XL Steelers white Seahawks blue
XLI Colts white Bears blue
XLII Giants white Patriots blue
XLIII Steelers white Cardinals red
XLIV Saints white Colts blue
XLV Packers green Steelers white
XLVI Giants white Patriots blue
XLVII Ravens white 49ers red
XLVIII Seahawks white Broncos orange
XLIX Patriots white Seahawks blue
L Broncos white Panthers black
LI Patriots white Falcons red

If it wasn’t for Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers’ win in Super Bowl XLV while wearing green it’d be a clean sweep for the teams that wore white.

The Falcons could have avoided this. It was the NFC’s turn to be home team in the Super Bowl, so Atlanta had the choice of jerseys, and they opted to wear red. In hindsight, there was a lot of bad mojo working against the Falcons.Trading for Lonzo Ball makes sense for these 5 teams

This means 13 of the last 15 teams to wear white have won have won the SB....
Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

22 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Found the owner of the kirill burner account. Calm down Chiefs are very beatable.. let them try to win 2 before we give them 8 in 10 years. Which i guarantee they won't even come remotely close to.

Oh believe me, nothing would make me happier than that NOT coming to pass. I've just never seen a quarterback this preternaturally good immediately upon becoming a starter. Regular season, postseason, statistics, the eye test, he checks every box. In an era that is bending seemingly indefinitely in the favor of quarterbacks. I just can't see his team NOT being the team to beat every year.

The only possibility is if Reid retires and somehow the new coach can't really scheme stuff together, and if Mahomes's massive contract puts a dent in their talent acquisition. But again it would have to go REALLY bad. There doesn't appear to be anything flukey in his play that would indicate that he NEEDS a good set of weapons, a specific scheme, perfect protection, etc. Everything around him would have to go into the absolute dumper.

1 hour ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

The New England Patriots defeated the Atlanta Falcons to win Super Bowl LI, but the result was already in the cards when the Falcons opted to wear red jerseys. With the Patriots victory, teams in white jerseys now have wins in 12 of the last 13 Super Bowls.

It all started in 2005 when the white jersey-wearing Patriots topped the Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl XXXIX, 24-21. It launched over a decade of dominance by white jersey teams:

White jerseys dominate the Super Bowl

Super Bowl Winner Jersey Loser Jersey
XXXIX Patriots white Eagles green
XL Steelers white Seahawks blue
XLI Colts white Bears blue
XLII Giants white Patriots blue
XLIII Steelers white Cardinals red
XLIV Saints white Colts blue
XLV Packers green Steelers white
XLVI Giants white Patriots blue
XLVII Ravens white 49ers red
XLVIII Seahawks white Broncos orange
XLIX Patriots white Seahawks blue
L Broncos white Panthers black
LI Patriots white Falcons red

If it wasn’t for Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers’ win in Super Bowl XLV while wearing green it’d be a clean sweep for the teams that wore white.

The Falcons could have avoided this. It was the NFC’s turn to be home team in the Super Bowl, so Atlanta had the choice of jerseys, and they opted to wear red. In hindsight, there was a lot of bad mojo working against the Falcons.Trading for Lonzo Ball makes sense for these 5 teams

This means 13 of the last 15 SB teams to wear white have won....

Chiefs won with Red Jerseys last year 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Chiefs won with Red Jerseys last year 

Read the whole thread and my post, notthatbluestuff was complaining about the Bucs choosing the white uni's when the vast majority of teams since SBXXXIX have won wearing the white jerseys....It's like 87%...

1 hour ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Read the whole thread and my post, notthatbluestuff was complaining about the Bucs choosing the white uni's when the vast majority of teams since SBXXXIX have won wearing the white jerseys....It's like 87%...

Chiefs are here to break curses and statistical tendencies

The 2 reasons why TAM chose the white jerseys that are not related to white/dark SB trends:

1.  If it gets warm, white jerseys keep that team cooler.

2.  TAM's won their 2 biggest upsets this year with white, so why break a mini-streak.

I don't think the players on either time care either way lol.   Jersey makers for SB memorabilia replica jerseys might be a little miffed, though.

9 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The 2 reasons why TAM chose the white jerseys that are not related to white/dark SB trends:

1.  If it gets warm, white jerseys keep that team cooler.

2.  TAM's won their 2 biggest upsets this year with white, so why break a mini-streak.

I don't think the players on either time care either way lol.   Jersey makers for SB memorabilia replica jerseys might be a little miffed, though.

Thank you Mr. Obvious...It's common knowledge it gets hot in Florida, and home football teams will try and gain an advantage by wearing a lighter colored jersey....

BTW...Isn't #2 also a trend?....Trend is just a euphemism for streak....

7 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Thank you Mr. Obvious...It's common knowledge it gets hot in Florida, and home football teams will try and gain an advantage by wearing a lighter colored jersey....

BTW...Isn't #2 also a trend?....Trend is just a euphemism for streak....

Well, it might be obvious, but they're pretty valid reasons that go beyond past trends.    I'm on Tampa because of the matchups now created by the KC OL being down 4 starters from last year and Mahomes' limited mobility, so it's not like I'm disputing TAM's chances.  I'm not sure this is factoring that much into their decision, that's all.

14 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

They'd be much better off focusing on playing football and keeping TB's DL line off from Mahome's tail....

I mean that’s this fans perspective. Obviously the team doesn’t care about any of that. 

to Neutralize the DL, I’m sure they’re gonna replicate the Bills method. Get those passes out to Tyreek, Kelce(and now Watkins)in under 2.5 seconds. 

Unless they want to try their chances with press man coverage again. Bump them up front and disturb the route coverage like earlier in the year. Leave Carlton Davis on Tyreek and pray to god the pass rush gets there in time. 

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Well, it might be obvious, but they're pretty valid reasons that go beyond past trends.    I'm on Tampa because of the matchups now created by the KC OL being down 4 starters from last year and Mahomes' limited mobility, so it's not like I'm disputing TAM's chances.  I'm not sure this is factoring that much into their decision, that's all.

Athletes are historically superstitious, and have been known to adhere to streaks or routines for fear of causing a break in a series of what are otherwise viewed coincidences....

2 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Athletes are historically superstitious, and have been known to adhere to streaks or routines for fear of causing a break in a series of what are otherwise viewed coincidences....

Thank you Mr. Obvious.

(See how that works?)

9 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I mean that’s this fans perspective. Obviously the team doesn’t care about any of that. 

to Neutralize the DL, I’m sure they’re gonna replicate the Bills method. Get those passes out to Tyreek, Kelce(and now Watkins)in under 2.5 seconds. 

Unless they want to try their chances with press man coverage again. Bump them up front and disturb the route coverage like earlier in the year. Leave Carlton Davis on Tyreek and pray to god the pass rush gets there in time. 

Quickness is the key to neutralizing any advantage the Bucs may have in the trenches....Getting the ball to playmakers like Hill and Kelce will obviously be their strategy....I also believe the Chief's defense is better than it has been in previous years....If this is the case, they will need to make thing uncomfortable for Brady...