Super Bowl LV: Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

BayRaider

Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2021 at 11:35 PM

1 minute ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

However, you just stated you didn't think any of this (superstition, breaking streaks/routines etc.) played much into their decision to wear white....Which is it?...

I said they might be more inclined to rely on their present-year trend - not a historic one.  And the weather advantage.    Overall history means much less to the players than their own team's history of success.     

Edited by Broncofan

8 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Quickness is the key to neutralizing any advantage the Bucs may have in the trenches....Getting the ball to playmakers like Hill and Kelce will obviously be their strategy....I also believe the Chief's defense is better than it has been in previous years....If this is the case, they will need to make thing uncomfortable for Brady...

Currently the Chiefs have the highest pass rush rate of any team in the league at 35%. Higher even than the Buccs. A lot of that is from blitzes, blitzes that don’t get sacks as much as they should. But they punish QBs with hits, and deteriorate and rattle them by the end of the game. 

Im assuming more of the same against the Buccs vertical passing offense. Unless Tom starts getting the ball out quick to his playmakers ala New England. Otherwise he’s gonna be seeing a lot of the Honey Badger and Rookie Sneed 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Read the whole thread and my post, notthatbluestuff was complaining about the Bucs choosing the white uni's when the vast majority of teams since SBXXXIX have won wearing the white jerseys....It's like 87%...

First, I’m not “complaining”, I’m just saying it bugs me inexplicably. Also, I’m well aware of the statistical trends, but come on; you can’t actually think the choice of jersey makes any difference whatsoever on chances of victory? 

Voting kc. 

Thinking buccs. 

Coaching KC- evened out by tom brady

Qb wash

Rb close enough

Receivers+te- chiefs, buccs still great 

Oline big advantage buccs

Dline close

Linebackers buccs

Dbs close

Overall I like buccs defense better

Special teams  I'm not sure.

Edited by Kiwibrown

6 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

First, I’m not “complaining”, I’m just saying it bugs me inexplicably. Also, I’m well aware of the statistical trends, but come on; you can’t actually think the choice of jersey makes any difference whatsoever on chances of victory? 

To be fair - Tampa played 3/8 home games this year with the white jerseys.    And the 5 they didn’t 2 were prime time night games and 2 others they wore the pewter alternate jerseys.  So it’s not like they are going away from a set pattern of wearing red at home.  

3 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

Don't say that to a Saints, Seahawks, Steelers or Broncos fan.

We’d kill to be complaining about a wild card game outcome with Denver (well maybe not we need that 1.9 pick position now).   I think you mean Colts.  

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If the Chiefs knew what was up they'd hire Eli Manning as a coaching assistant and bribe the Bears to release Nick Foles so they can sign him. Then roll those two out for the coin toss to stare into Brady's soul. 

We'll do it for a bag of footballs.

Ok, one football.

Ok, we'll give the Chiefs a bag of footballs.

Ok, actually here, have our 2nd round pick too.

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Voting kc. 

Thinking buccs. 

Coaching KC- evened out by tom brady

Qb wash

Rb close enough

Receivers+te- chiefs, buccs still great 

Oline big advantage buccs

Dline close

Linebackers buccs

Dbs close

Overall I like buccs defense better

Special teams  I'm not sure.

I'm not gonna call the game based off this, but personally have these just a smidge different:

Coaching: KC

QB: KC

RB: Bucs

WR/TE: KC

OL: Bucs

DL: Bucs

LB: Bucs

DB: KC (just)

Special teams: KC

I picked KC originally but now I'm starting to doubt myself. I think the OL and no Fisher could be huge. Both defenses are gonna send blitz after blitz (which will be awesome to watch), and feel like the Tampa OL will be able to handle this way better. I'll stick with KC... Mahomes looked just fine with the turf toe last week and I'll back him to pull this one out, but I'm not confident in that pick at all. I really don't mind who wins either, just ready to sit back and have some damn good FOOTBALL in my eyes for 3.5 hours.

• Like 1