Super Bowl LV: Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

BayRaider

Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2021 at 11:35 PM

3 minutes ago, Titans_Matt said:

The two biggest bets (3.46m, and 2.3m) so far for the SB have been on Bucs +3.5, interesting

One of those is a hedge the by the mattress dude.    It only doesn't work if his sales volume isn't there and KC loses.   His ideal is KC winning SU but TAM covers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eagles23 said:

how many people on the Bucs roster have played in a Superbowl? It might come down to experience

The most important people are coach and QB to get everyone prepared the right way.

• The coach is in his 4th
  • Brady is in his 10th.
  • Gronk is playing in his 5th (his team was at 6)
  • JPP was there
  • Suh was there
  • Shaq Barrett was there.

This is not a thing. Its this week's THE COLD

This is also a home game for Tampa and its in pandemic USA so its nowhere near the same spectacle.

First time can cause catastrophe, like that Raiders O-lineman, Stanley Wilson, or Eugene Robinson. 

You can also have a coach panic and not prepare his team well like Vermeil being wound too tight in 1980.

None of this applies to either team.

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

One of those is a hedge the by the mattress dude

Mattress Mack, please and thanks. The man is an institution in our city. You can take Watson, you can take Harden, you can take Springer - but you can't get Mattress Mack until I'm dead on the ground, my good sir.

I remember watching these commercials whenever I was sick and stayed home - it was the local spot during The Price is Right, and he wore that mattress and yelled out his tagline "Gallery Furniture will... SAVE YOU MONEY!" with a fistful of cash in his hand.

Ah, the good ol' days. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Mattress Mack, please and thanks. The man is an institution in our city. You can take Watson, you can take Harden, you can take Springer - but you can't get Mattress Mack until I'm dead on the ground, my good sir.

I remember watching these commercials whenever I was sick and stayed home - it was the local spot during The Price is Right, and he wore that mattress and yelled out his tagline "Gallery Furniture will... SAVE YOU MONEY!" with a fistful of cash in his hand.

Ah, the good ol' days. 

Yeah, given his legend-like status in HOU, a dip in Jan-Feb sales seems unlikely.   It's a win-win for him, I'm sure he's worked out the math.   And if he can middle it (KC W by 3 or less), then he's made a killing.   Can't fault him for the thinking (although apparently some books were offering -110, bigger profits, but then again, not all books take 3M bets lol).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Titans_Matt said:

The two biggest bets (3.46m, and 2.3m) so far for the SB have been on Bucs +3.5, interesting

They're hoping they knock Mahomes out of the game. Which is entirely possible with chiefs trash offensive line.

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah, given his legend-like status in HOU, a dip in Jan-Feb sales seems unlikely. 

His stuff is pretty solid overall - it's not high end, but it's better than box stores like The Room Store or Rooms 2 Go.

My wife and I got a kitchen room table for our wedding gift from my parents about 10 years ago - we're still using it, it's going strong for a long while. 

I never took advantage of his mattress bets - but I should, next time I need a mattress.

Anyways, derailing over.

• Like 1

So I missed Gronk in covering this earlier but this is insanity,

Tampa has 4 players who have a legit shot at 100 receiving TDs.

• Gronk has 86 at age 31 including 7 this year (0 in the playoffs after that fingertip miss)
    • Yes, he's an old 31 but he's still dangerous
      • Gronk is 144 days older than Kelce
  • Evans has 61 at age 27 including 13 this year (and 2 in the playoffs)
  • Brown has 79 at age 32 including 5 in his last 4 full games played with Brady. (4 regular and 1 vs WFT)
  • Godwin has 24 in 4 years at age 24 including 7 this year (and 1 in the playoffs).
    • Its hard to predict 100 this early but he's on that pace.

There are 2 high powered offenses in this game.

Since Evans joined the league I think he is 3rd in TD catches (61).

Brown is one of the 2 ahead of him (64) even with missing 23 games due to being a knucklehead.

Initial thought is Chiefs will be too much but time has softened that stance.  If I was betting I'd probably still go Chiefs because of consistency but they're not unbeatable by any means IMO.  They are 6th ranked offense, Bucs scored more (barely) but the point is they have been every bit as good this year.  Bucs defense has been better this year also. 

Going up and down the roster I'd given the Bucs the edge in talent.  We all know what the difference is: Mahomes in Reid's offense throwing to Kelce and Hill at the top of the league at thier respective positions.  If Bucs D line can pressure Mahomes consistently they will win IMO. 

Bucs, although not fully putting it together offensively yet, have scored over 30 in all three playoff games in the road vs tougher defenses.  It will be a disappointment if they don't hit 30 in SB at home.  Coaching will be the difference, Reid and his staff have that edge.

For me it's a pick'em......

Edited by VegasOdds101
Spelling
  • Like 2

@BayRaider what's your matchup-dar saying for this game?

Here's a few to consider

- Travis Kelce has averaged 93 yards against Todd Bowles in his career

- The Chiefs averaged 10.4 yards per attempt on RPO throws v. the Bucs

- The Bucs defense gave up 0.58 EPA per deep pass attempt. Only four teams allowed more EPA per attempt on passes traveling more than 15 yards downfield

- Buccs 5th highest blitz rate, Mahomes is averaging 9.1 yards per attempt against the blitz and his passer rating of 135.9 easily led the NFL.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Eagles23 said:

how many people on the Bucs roster have played in a Superbowl? It might come down to experience

Off the top of my head:

Brady (Duh)

Gronk (Super Bowl 46, Super Bowl 49, Super Bowl 52, Super Bowl 53, Patriots)

Antonio Brown (Super Bowl 45, Steelers)

Jason Pierre-Paul (Super Bowl 46, Giants)

Shaq Barrett (Super Bowl 50, Broncos)

Suh (Super Bowl 53, Rams)

In any case, I think maybe having the SB be in their home stadium will take some of the intimidation factor away. It'll be more familiar when it sorta feels like a home game.

Edited by Bolts223

Am I crazy to thing that this could be a comfortable-ish victory for the Bucs? Just looking through their team and it's stacked everywhere. Great receivers, Good tight ends, 2 good running backs, very good O-Line, good pass rush, very good line backers, good young secondary.

If Brady and Mahomes were to swap teams would the spread be?

From reading The Athletic breakdown, it seems the best way to limit the Chiefs offense (since stopping them is impossible) is to play a 2-deep zone, rushing 3 or 4 and inviting the run. We'll see what actually happens since Bowles loves blitzing.

2-deep zone and blitzing Brady is the way to stop TB's offense, according to the same piece.

https://theathletic.com/2346418/2021/02/03/2021-super-bowl-preview-what-the-film-and-analytics-reveal-about-the-chiefs-bucs-matchup?source=user-shared-article