Super Bowl LV: Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

BayRaider

Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2021 at 11:35 PM

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

Obvious troll. The Buccaneers are going to get tapped, then you'll stop posting on this forum.

Nah, trolls like him and you still show up. Even after you tapped out before.

tap out give up GIF by WWE

YOU TAPPED OUT!

YOU TAPPED OUT!

YOU TAPPED OUT!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Chiefs are about to smash the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The Bucs have obviously had a great season but in my opinion, and I don't mean disrespect, the Packers were the best team in the NFC and were the team that could have been a real threat to the Chiefs.

I know about the Chiefs Oline but really unless Mahomes gets injured or something, I'm confident that the Chiefs win this anything between easily (multiple scores) and a close game.

The Chiefs will simply not be denied that #RunItBack tour.

Packers are not better than the Bucs. Bucs smashed them twice, are a wayyyy more complete team, and had a much tougher schedule than the Packers and also dealt with more injures.

Honestly, the Buccaneers and Saints were the two most complete and balanced teams in the league. Just Brees tends to let too many throws get away from him due to his dwindling arm strength.

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Packers are not better than the Bucs. Bucs smashed them twice, are a wayyyy more complete team, and had a much tougher schedule than the Packers and also dealt with more injures.

Honestly, the Buccaneers and Saints were the two most complete and balanced teams in the league. Just Brees tends to let too many throws get away from him due to his dwindling arm strength.

Most complete and balanced doesn't mean better team.

I thought the Saints had a chance to go all the way but their defense was disappointing in the playoffs and well Brees is not the same anymore.

I realize the Bucs beat the Packers twice this season but I still think the Packers were the slightly better team and the bigger threat to the Chiefs with how well Rodgers had been playing this season.

Really, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chiefs win by multiple scores tomorrow.

1 hour ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Brady by this point in his career has the best I.Q in NFL history. There isn't much the Chief's average defense can do to stop him, and with Mahomes not having the highest I.Q since he is a physical QB in only his 4th year, with a bad o-line, the chances of the Chiefs winning are very low. 

IQ isn't exactly a real thing or relevant. Brady appeals to you due to your brain being rooted in football language and as such he easily checks all the boxes as the G.O.A.T. 

But Patrick Lavon Mahomes II is not of this hivemind, origin, or planet. Patrick Mahomes transcends all language, IQ, logic, and rational thought. Now, just sit back, turn the zen part of your brain on, and watch the talent that is Mahomes win his 2nd SB. Cause there's no other outcome. There just isn't.

8 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

I thought the Saints had a chance to go all the way but their defense was disappointing in the playoffs and well Brees is not the same anymore.

I realize the Bucs beat the Packers twice this season but I still think the Packers were the slightly better team and the bigger threat to the Chiefs with how well Rodgers had been playing this season.

Really, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chiefs win by multiple scores tomorrow.

We’ll see. I think Bucs will win a razor close victory while the Chiefs would of definitely beat Green Bay. Green Bay does not do anything that Kansas City doesn’t do better. 

14 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

How is a team better than another team that beat them twice head to head in the same season. I'm eagerly awaiting the mental gymnastics required for this one. 🍿

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeptunePenguins said:

The Chiefs have never faced Tom Brady with an elite defense. This is the best combination offense and defense they have faced in the past 3 years. 

This dude gets it, other than when the Chiefs played this exact team a few weeks ago they’ve never play a team like this.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

How is a team better than another team that beat them twice head to head in the same season. I'm eagerly awaiting the mental gymnastics required for this one. 🍿

Well the Packers finished with a better record than the Bucs. 

And the Packers entering the playoff matchup were clearly the favorites and with a line of -3.5 despite losing their season matchup 38-10.

Rodgers was outstanding this season and he is the reason why in my opinion the Packers are the slightly better team but I know plenty of people believe that if you lose in the playoffs you are not the better team.

Anyways, at the end of the day, I feel better about a Chiefs win tomorrow than if they were to face Rodgers and the Packers.

Edited by Buckweath

Chiefs should win but it's much more scary to give 3 points to Tom Brady than the same line to Josh Allen a week earlier. That's what always amazes me about the betting lines. So often they scream that the bargain was last week not this week.

Betting line -3 and total 56 equates to expectation of 29.5 to 26.5. Sounds about right. I've provided those numbers of Brady virtually immune from defeats in which the opponent scores 27 or fewer.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Well the Packers finished with a better record than the Bucs. 

easier schedule. you said it yourself?

And the Packers entering the playoff matchup were clearly the favorites and with a line of -3.5 despite losing their season matchup 38-10.

they were the 1st seed. (easier schedule once again) 

Rodgers was outstanding this season and he is the reason why in my opinion the Packers are the slightly better team but I know plenty of people believe that if you lose in the playoffs you are not the better team.

so because rodgers looked great against teams not named the bucs, he is the reason the packers are better than the bucs? interesting take.

Anyways, at the end of the day, I feel better about a Chiefs win tomorrow than if they were to face Rodgers and the Packers.

we shall see.

3 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

You all are underestimating Brady. This team has Tom Brady, and the Chiefs are facing their toughest opponent in the past 3 years by far. Betting against Tom Brady is never a smart thing to do, and he is still the better QB than Mahomes as he has not declined just yet. Mahomes doesn't have the intelligence at his young age to go toe to toe with Brady still, and I mean it. 

I’m rooting for Brady and think the Bucs CAN win tomorrow but give the Chiefs the edge by 4-7 points. 

Im a huge Brady fan, but saying he is better right now, past his prime, than Mahomes just isn’t realistic. 

3 hours ago, samsel23 said:

It’s kinda crazy Mahomes has never lost by more than one possession,  and people are saying TB takes it easy.  

Think people are also underestimating our defense.   

By people you mean one person trolling? lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

The Chiefs have never faced Tom Brady with an elite defense. This is the best combination offense and defense they have faced in the past 3 years. 

KC beat Brady last year in his house when he had the #1 defense