Super Bowl LV: Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

BayRaider

Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2021 at 11:35 PM

So my final thoughts before the Super Bowl tomorrow.

• Neither team is an overwhelming favorite in my eyes. I lean ever so slightly towards KC, but I think this is at best 55-45.
  • I expect this to be a lower scoring game than most. I believe the Chiefs offense will be forced into a more efficient, short passing type of game like we saw vs Buffalo due to the banged up line and Mahomes turf-toe. Plus the Bucs D-line will make it hard to air it out a whole lot.
  • I think what the Bucs do have going for them is that Brady/Arians are willing to be aggressive in the way you need to be when you face KC. That means not punting on 4th & 1 at midfield, settling for field goals at the 1-2 yard line, etc.
  • A shootout clearly favors KC, but the Bucs are one of the few teams in the league with the weapons on offense to hold their own if it comes to that. I don't think it will be a shootout though.

7 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

By people you mean one person trolling? lol

I mean the guy who liked your post predicted a 13 point TB win.  There’s been quite a few,  not counting the obvious troll

Not saying it can’t happen,  but still crazy to me considering Mahomes has never lost by multiple possessions.   

I think we have admitted the absolute greatness of both of these QBs.

Brady is easy, its been pounded into our brains for 20 years.

He's like the terminator. He    Will    Not    Stop   until he gives you an entertaining Super Bowl.

Mahomes is facing Brady and a very good D with a dangerous front with an O-line held together with bubble gum and duct tape and even Bucs fans think its still going to be close. (except for a very few of them)

You don't think that unless you know that Mahomes is already an all-time great, even if we have only seen 3 years of him so far.

Id like to dedicate tonight’s game to the scores of “lmaooo no way the NFL finishes this season you plebes are you blind or just science deniers” peeps from the coronavirus thread this past August.

You’ll be able to point them out - they’ll be the ones getting upset over this post and not grateful/excited that we actually did make it through

The loss of LT Eric Fisher is worrisome but Andy Reid always finds a way to optimize his offensive linemen. 

Patience will be an issue.  As one pundit said:

"Tampa won't run enough and K.C. won't run at all.  At the risk of oversimplification, the 2020 Bucs are better at everything other than what is most important in a passing dual:  winning, coaching, quarterbacking, and cornerbacking." 

It will be close but the Chiefs will likely win, thanks largely to TE Travis Kelce (of course) and one of the Safeties (probably Tyrann "Honey Badger" Mathieu).  If forced to choose I'd take the Over (57½) only because I expect a defensive (or special teams) touchdown or two.

6 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

So my final thoughts before the Super Bowl tomorrow.

• Neither team is an overwhelming favorite in my eyes. I lean ever so slightly towards KC, but I think this is at best 55-45.
  • I expect this to be a lower scoring game than most. I believe the Chiefs offense will be forced into a more efficient, short passing type of game like we saw vs Buffalo due to the banged up line and Mahomes turf-toe. Plus the Bucs D-line will make it hard to air it out a whole lot.
  • I think what the Bucs do have going for them is that Brady/Arians are willing to be aggressive in the way you need to be when you face KC. That means not punting on 4th & 1 at midfield, settling for field goals at the 1-2 yard line, etc.
  • A shootout clearly favors KC, but the Bucs are one of the few teams in the league with the weapons on offense to hold their own if it comes to that. I don't think it will be a shootout though.

I think it was you that nailed the Browns game. I think you have it spot on again.

Only like 4 chief fans will really enjoy the win today huh lol. Rooting for Tampa hope Brady wins this one and retires. Mahomes is too young! Dudes gotta lose like 6 SBs to feel humbled... Let’s go Brady! Win your 7

and sail off to the sunset. 

TAMPA BAY NATION STAND ON YOUR WOODEN PEG LEG AND HIT ME THAT CANNON STAND THE HELL UP.

• Like 1