Super Bowl LV: Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

BayRaider

Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2021 at 11:35 PM

3 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Never would have I thought in all my Tyler Thigpen, Brodie Croyle, Tyler Palko and Matt Cassel years as a Chiefs fans that I’d ever read comments from other NFL fans about the fatigue they have to the Chiefs success.

WILD

I remember there was a stat about how the Chiefs didn't have any of their drafted QB's win a start from like 1987-2017 or something. All of the Chiefs successful QB's were acquired via trade or FA; Joe Montana, Trent Green, Alex Smith, etc. I believe Croyle started like 7 games back in 08/09 and lost all of them.

And then to reverse that with the best QB in the league. What a turnaround.

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

I remember there was a stat about how the Chiefs didn't have any of their drafted QB's win a start from like 1987-2017 or something. All of the Chiefs successful QB's were acquired via trade or FA; Joe Montana, Trent Green, Alex Smith, etc. I believe Croyle started like 7 games back in 08/09 and lost all of them.

And then to reverse that with the best QB in the league. What a turnaround.

We've still never drafted a QB and signed him to a second contract.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RUGmen said:

19-16 Bucs

Brady’s SBs are always weird aside from vs ATL. Yes, that’s 16 pts I am predicting for KC.

Hill won’t have 200yds in the first half again and I think Tampa’s D will be aggressive enough to cause some fits.

So, predict what you want, but the Chiefs have only scored under 20 points twice in Mahomes's career. 22 is the lowest output in the postseason, and that involved Mahomes getting concussed. Mahomes has never scored less than 31 in the postseason, when he played the full game.

I won't disagree with people predicting Tampa. Great teams on both sides, or it wouldn't be the superbowl. But there's absolutely no justification behind this, beyond bold prediction for bold prediction's sake.

2 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

So, predict what you want, but the Chiefs have only scored under 20 points twice in Mahomes's career. 22 is the lowest output in the postseason, and that involved Mahomes getting concussed. Mahomes has never scored less than 31 in the postseason, when he played the full game.

I won't disagree with people predicting Tampa. Great teams on both sides, or it wouldn't be the superbowl. But there's absolutely no justification behind this, beyond bold prediction for bold prediction's sake.

Streaks are meant to be broken. ;)

I think KC’s biggest obstacle offensively will be fending off Tampa’s pass rushers if Fisher is injured. 

On the other hand, Spagnuolo seems to have Brady’s number. 

I expect a surprisingly low scoring game. 

Edited by Bolts223

2 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

6 minutes ago, RUGmen said:

19-16 Bucs

Brady’s SBs are always weird aside from vs ATL. Yes, that’s 16 pts I am predicting for KC.

Hill won’t have 200yds in the first half again and I think Tampa’s D will be aggressive enough to cause some fits.

Vegas is not in the habit of donating $.

Line is set at 57, KC -3

I mean, be bold - 24-21 is bold.   27-24 is less so.  27-20 bold for TAM.

19-16 is kinda, holy mother-of-all-monsoons,  Mahomes-doesn't-finish-game level out there.

(I do like where his head is at overall though lol).

• Like 1

Just now, Broncofan said:

Vegas is not in the habit of donating $.

Line is set at 57, KC -3

I mean, be bold - 24-21 is bold.   27-24 is less so.  27-20 bold for TAM.

19-16 is kinda, holy mother-of-all-monsoons,  Mahomes-doesn't-finish-game level out there.

(I do like where his head is at overall though lol).

What was the line in Super Bowl XLII? How about XLVIII?

I'm just saying, historically great offenses tend to sputter in Super Bowls. Especially against teams that can get after the QB.

7 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Never would have I thought in all my Tyler Thigpen, Brodie Croyle, Tyler Palko and Matt Cassel years as a Chiefs fans that I’d ever read comments from other NFL fans about the fatigue they have to the Chiefs success.

WILD

Success breeds envy. People are always going to hate the best team in the league.

It happened to the Cowboys in 90's, it happened to the Patriots, it happened to the Pistons, it happened to the Lakers, it happened to the Warriors, it happened to Mayweather, it happened to tiger, etc, etc

Just enjoy it while you can, man. I know I would.

And FWIW, not all fans are that way. Not this one anyhow. I personally feel privileged enough to have been able to watch Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, and Brees throughout their entire careers and seen both ups and downs, and now I get to do the same with Mahomes as well and I'm fine with that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Starless said:

What was the line in Super Bowl XLII? How about XLVIII?

I'm just saying, historically great offenses tend to sputter in Super Bowls. Especially against teams that can get after the QB.

While this is true you could say the SB matchup last year was an historically great offense vs a team that can get after the QB.

10 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

On the other hand, Spagnuolo seems to have Brady’s number. 

The Giants and NASCAR were great in 2007 but Brady played that game with a high ankle sprain suffered in the AFCCG.

He put up 38 on him 5 weeks before the Super Bowl.

2011 was Perry Fewell (Spags coaching in St Louis?)

In 2019 Brady had a bad offense around him.

In 2015 Brady went for 334 beating his Giants D.

Am I missing something?

Edited by SkippyX

Just now, Bolts223 said:

While this is true you could say the SB matchup last year was an historically great offense vs a team that can get after the QB.

Yup. And it took a total collapse of the 49ers offense to let the Chiefs back into that game. This is where the QB matchup really does matter. Are Brady and Arians going to make the same mistakes that Garoppolo and Shanahan did?