Looking at a projected 2021 salary cap of $175M-$185M is so depressing...

FAH1223

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think he's going to get a big contract.  But he's gonna get a good one.  Pass rushers are always overpaid in FA.  Carl Nassib got a $8.4M/year deal coming off a 6 sack season.  Emmanuel Ogbah got $7.5M/year coming off a 5.5 sack season.  Stephen Weatherly got $6.3M/year coming off a 3 sack season.  Need I go on?  Pass rushers get paid.  Period.

Correct.  So some team being willing to trade for an EDGE rusher on a $12M per year deal for 21 and 22 is not outlandish.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, if you wanna roll back time and go with a guy like Kyler Fackrell go right ahead.  I want 3 legitimate pass rushers.

Kyler fackrell is a perfect 3rd edge rusher.

Pass rush is buoyed by Kenny Clark, and by a secondary DE/DT who is better than Dean Lowry.

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Washington and Tampa are the only ones in the top 10, according to this:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

Washington could be interesting next year.  Tampa though....their list of free agents into the offseason looks brutal:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/tampa-bay-buccaneers/

it looks like they'll need every penny of that cap space and then some more. 

24 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

Washington could be interesting next year.  Tampa though....their list of free agents into the offseason looks brutal:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/tampa-bay-buccaneers/

it looks like they'll need every penny of that cap space and then some more. 

Tampa is in their "Win now" window. They do have enough young talent to not fall apart completely, but it's hard to play well/be healthy/be lucky all at once twice in a row.

If they don't get it against KC, I have my doubts that we'll see the Bucs back there next year. The best thing they have going for them is they get the AFC and NFC East next year.

Edited by Striker

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Kyler fackrell is a perfect 3rd edge rusher.

Pass rush is buoyed by Kenny Clark, and by a secondary DE/DT who is better than Dean Lowry.

I'm not talking about Kyler Fackrell of 2018.  I'm talking about 2017 or 2018 Kyler Fackrell.  One who was legitimately the worst OLB in the NFL.

10 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Haven’t scanned this thread but do you see Linsley hitting the market?

I do. I've said this along, but it's very hard to imagine the Packers giving a third contract to an IOL with back issues just a few months after extending Bakhtiari, especially with Jenkins up for a big contract in a year or two. Add in the cap uncertainty and it just doesn't sound like a Packers move at all.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Haven’t scanned this thread but do you see Linsley hitting the market?

Yes.  There's already been talk that the Packers and Linsley's agent haven't had any extension talks yet.  There's always a chance that those discussions could happen, but right now they haven't.  The Packers drafted 3 IOL in last year's draft.  Only one of them was on the roster for the majority of the year.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yes.  There's already been talk that the Packers and Linsley's agent haven't had any extension talks yet.  There's always a chance that those discussions could happen, but right now they haven't.  The Packers drafted 3 IOL in last year's draft.  Only one of them was on the roster for the majority of the year.

5 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I do. I've said this along, but it's very hard to imagine the Packers giving a third contract to an IOL with back issues just a few months after extending Bakhtiari, especially with Jenkins up for a big contract in a year or two. Add in the cap uncertainty and it just doesn't sound like a Packers move at all.

Ty. Was just wondering because of the Urban/Linsley connection at Ohio State. Can definitely see Corey being in play with the amount of cap space we have and wanting to keep Lawrence upright.

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Ty. Was just wondering because of the Urban/Linsley connection at Ohio State. Can definitely see Corey being in play with the amount of cap space we have and wanting to keep Lawrence upright.

Didn't Jacksonville pay a ton of coin for a center a year or two ago?  Linsley is a pure center.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Didn't Jacksonville pay a ton of coin for a center a year or two ago?  Linsley is a pure center.

Norwell is at LG and Linder is at C. Linder has plenty of experience at RG, so if they signed Linsley, they could easily slide Linder to RG.

We already have plenty of cap but if we moved on from Cann (starting RG) and Eifert, that would free up another $10M which is what I would think Linsley would be looking at a year? In that ballpark. 

Norwell and Linsley are both Buckeyes and I am sure Meyer is going to want some of his “guys”.