Do the 2020 Bucs pose a greater threat to KC than the 2019 49ers did?

dtait93

Do the ‘20 Bucs pose a greater threat to KC than ‘19 SF?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do the ‘20 Bucs pose a greater threat to KC than ‘19 SF?

• Yes
    • No

It's hard to say yes because the niners were up on the chiefs 20-10 with like 6 minutes left.  I don't remember what the pregame talk was last year about who was going to win, but the niners really blew it at the end (wiki says KC 1.5 fav for that game.)  Remmers better have a better SB against Shaq than he did against Von Miller lol (assuming he's at LT.)

15 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

I do not get why people talk like this.

I've been a NE fan for 15 years and in that time they had a 75% chance of winning any game they played, including the playoffs, and yet not once did I ever publicly predict a definite win, let alone be so smug about it. One of two things can happen, you win and you look like an arrogant gasbag boasting about something you literally contributed nothing to, or you lose and look like an idiot.

Maybe it's because I experienced the 2007 Superbowl when I was still young and impressionable, but nothing good ever comes from overconfidence, and there's literally no game ever you can definitely predict the result of.

EDIT: On topic, top to bottom the 49ers were probably a better team, and certainly better built to take down a high powered offense and keep them off the field. The D lines are comparable, but the 9ers secondary was better and their running game was infinitely stronger. That said you'd argue TB have the advantage in two or three areas - their WR corps is 10x better than SF, they have a QB who thrives under pressure, and though Shanahan might be better play designer offensive mind than Arians, Arians will not coach scared.

Just a prediction, baby. 

Would you like me to be deliberately disingenuous instead? What's the point of that? It's a discussion board and people tend to have no problems airing their true thoughts. I think we'll win handily, what's wrong with that? If I'm wrong I'll say congrats Tampa Bay, what incredible champions.

Lighten up.

13 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I see where you're coming from as far as the champ game. But you can't possibly believe the bolded. 

Jimmy G has taken a lot of grief since the SB but he had a really good RS last year... But I just rechecked his numbers in the playoffs. He was a lot more buns than I had remembered. I also looked at Brady’s numbers for the playoffs, and he’s been better than I thought. So I’ll rescind my statement and say he’s much better than Jimmy G.

I still don’t think Brady closes the gulf  between the rest of the talent and coaching on the Niners vs the Bucs though. It’s easy to forget just how comically dominant the Niners were in the NFC playoffs last year. The Bucs have gotten by on grit and timely plays mostly.

That would assume you are picking the Bucs to win because the 49ers flat out choked and were a 3rd and 15 away from winning. I don't disagree with it though because there is something to be said about a team winning 3 straight road playoff games and the Tampa edge rushers could be a big problem for Mahomes.

I also think Brady ups his game against Patrick unlike Jimmy could. Hard to say with how close the 49ers got but I trust Brady more to make the decisive play.

This should be a really exciting game. If the KC defense plays as well as Sunday, they will win though.

15 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I honestly thought he almost looked better without the extra mobility. He was manipulating that pocket, methodical and decisive. Offense really switched on once he stopped trying to extend and run around all the time. 

granted I’d rather have him at full strength(as well as the OL) but his arm talent is still very much aLive and well.

Damn, even Mahomes losing mobility is good news. Everything going in favor of the Chiefs. I'd bet the house.

3 hours ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

Damn, even Mahomes losing mobility is good news. Everything going in favor of the Chiefs. I'd bet the house.

He can get better, the man hasn’t reached his peak just yet. There’s certain things that need improvement, he has a tendency to step to far back after the snap allowing for easier sacks and really stressing his tackles. He does that because normally he can try to get away with it to make a big play. His footwork tends to be a mess as well, he gets wild because his arm talent is that good.

the foot injury reigned him in a little bit. He can’t just free wheel like usual, or take off and run. Now he has to step into the pocket and deliver strikes early to live another down. 

The offense operated at one of its best levels all season, instead of Patrick doing all the work himself he allowed the talent and system we have to make play after play. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BigTrav said:

So why did you pick Cleveland to beat KC in the divisional round? 

Because matchups change. I had KC beating Baltimore and Buffalo in my bracket, which Kansas City matches up ridiculously well with. I would of also picked Kansas City against Tennessee, Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh. 

Cleveland was the only team that matched up well with Kansas City. 

I’m sure you can understand this logic. 

3 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Yeah. The Tom Brady vs Jimmy G factor is a trump card for me. I'm hyped for this matchup and last year I was pretty whelmed about it as most of the game felt like waiting for the Chiefs offence to awaken and finishing things

Brady so old now I never know if he’s gonna throw an interception or hit a guy deep lol.

but I think he for sure hits Sanders late to give the 9ers a lead, opposed to Jimmy G who missed hard.

49ers D >> Bucs D, but I’d say it’s closer than people think. Bucs have the #1 Run D in Football going off DVOA, and their Pass Defense is still about Top 8, they just tend to give up a couple bombs a game like clockwork. I said they’d dominate the Packers but give up a bomb to Scantling, which basically happened. Also, the Bucs Defensive Line can dominate most Offensive Lines. And the Chiefs Offensive Line is pretty suspect. 

Now let’s get to the offense.... 2020 Bucs beat the 2020 49ers in almost every position. Especially QB. 43 year old Tom Brady >>>>>> Jimmy Garoppolo. Jimmy missed a couple big throws and made some boneheaded decisions. Fournette and Ronald Jones > 49ers 2019 RB’s. And Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and Antonio Brown is a million times better receiving core. Kittle >>>> Brate/Gronk, and Shanahan >>> Arians, but Brady is in command of the offense anyways and running more of his own scheme with Arians scheme topped on. Plus Arians is more aggressive than Shanahan. OL is pretty even. Bucs get the Pass Protection nod and 49ers get the Run Blocking nod. Overall, Bucs have the better line I’d say. 

5 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Brady so old now I never know if he’s gonna throw an interception or hit a guy deep lol.

but I think he for sure hits Sanders late to give the 9ers a lead, opposed to Jimmy G who missed hard.

I think he will show up better than the Packers game - 2 weeks in the Florida sun and avocado oil massages do a wonder for the arm I imagine. I also see Devin White playing like a young Ray Lewis which makes me think we could see some turnovers in this game. 

My mind tells me Chiefs win, but I am holding out hope that Tampa gives us neutral fans a classic good game. 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

3 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I think he will show up better than the Packers game - 2 weeks in the Florida sun and avocado oil massages do a wonder for the arm I imagine. I also see Devin White playing like a young Ray Lewis which makes me think we could see some turnovers in this game. 

My mind tells me Chiefs win, but I am holding out hope that Tampa gives us neutral fans a classic good game. 

It’s Brady vs Mahomes it’s gonna be a classic. Even the last one was really close at the end 

• Like 1