Do the 2020 Bucs pose a greater threat to KC than the 2019 49ers did?

dtait93

Do the ‘20 Bucs pose a greater threat to KC than ‘19 SF?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do the ‘20 Bucs pose a greater threat to KC than ‘19 SF?

• Yes
    • No

20 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

Shrugs. I guess. Brady threw 3 terrible picks in the NFCCG. He’s been solid and smart, but I haven’t exactly been exactly blown away with him in the postseason. He’s better, but I don’t think there’s much difference between the current version of Brady and the version of Jimmy G we saw last year for the Niners.

I see where you're coming from as far as the champ game. But you can't possibly believe the bolded. 

• Like 2

If this were another sport where it was a series then the 49ers were a greater threat. In a one off that they have it is the Bucs. 49ers were great as an overall team and could wear you down but the QB position here is like a starting pitcher in baseball or goalie in hockey. They can't win a series for you themselves, but they can a game so unless there is a wide gap in team talent, which there isn't, the team with a better QB poses the bigger threat.

10 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I honestly thought he almost looked better without the extra mobility. He was manipulating that pocket, methodical and decisive. Offense really switched on once he stopped trying to extend and run around all the time. 

granted I’d rather have him at full strength(as well as the OL) but his arm talent is still very much aLive and well.

Agree to disagree.

In my opinion, the 49ers were more of a threat.  They were a more dominant team defensively, and they had weapons on offense too.  To compare the two, I'd just look at the NFC Championship games in both years.  The Packers team that played in both games was pretty much the same group, and while Tampa Bay beat them, San Francisco absolutely dominated them.  If I were the Chiefs, I'd much rather play this year's Bucs team than last year's Niners.

7 hours ago, Forge said:

I owe you one like 

I’d settle for a kind word to Mr. Lynch and Shanny Jr. that sticking it out with Jimmy G makes too much sense.   Leave Stafford to DEN we’ve suffered for 5 years now watching abominations chuck the ball around.   That would be swell.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I’d settle for a kind word to Mr. Lynch and Shanny Jr. that sticking it out with Jimmy G makes too much sense.   Leave Stafford to DEN we’ve suffered for 5 years now watching abominations chuck the ball around.   That would be swell.  

I gave you the like 😂

17 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Here we go...

1. Cleveland is a bad matchup for KC

2. Bills are on fire and are the best team going in to the game

3. Tampa and Brady are unbeatable!

Just lay back and let it happen. Living in denial is toxic.

Haven’t seen a single person say this lol

YES!! To just put it simply Tom Brady >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jimmy G

I think the Bucs win this Superbowl this team is stacked, receivers are deep, O-Line is playing like the best in football right now, run game starting to do just enough with playoff Lenny, that front 7 is by far the best in the league and with Vita Vea there it is honestly one of the best front 7s I have seen in a while they can get pressure up the gut, and don't expect to run up the gut on them, they can get to your QB off the edge as well, there inside linebackers are so fast that you can't run sideline to sideline either. I would honestly say this front 7 is just as good as what SF had last year, I mean IJPP, Suh, Vita, Shaq, White, and Lavonte are absolute studs, they don't have the luxury of a Sherman, Ward or Tart in the back field so they have to be even more dominant.

As for the offense, your talking about Evans, Godwin, AB, Scotty, Gronk, Brate, and O-Line that has been playing at the highest level in the playoffs. They shut out the two best D-Lines in football barring Tampa's own in Washington and New Orleans. Fournette is also stepping up and playing out of his skin currently. When you can mix in the running game with that kind of passing game, it just makes you so hard to stop. I mean we saw Tampa barely run the ball they were down 17 points and Gronk was getting wide open on playaction I think most of his 106 yards that day came of playaction and that was down 17 points. I just don't see how this defense of KC's can slow down Tom Brady and that offense. Brady is rolling right now I expect him to pick off from where he left off in the first half against GB. 

Honestly the only way I see KC winning this Superbowl is if Mahomes just plays out of his mind, but he's human and with both of there starting tackles out when pressured off the edge I expect Mahomes to look a little more human like Rodgers did yesterday. Plus Tampa's at home I just think Brady and the Bucs pull this off this team is too good, it's rare to have this much talent on a team the Bucs have to win. The secondary is kinda shaky so that worries me but man if they can slow down Rodgers after the season he was having that front 7 will show up again imo. 

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This is a massive insult to Brady. And also, the Chiefs may be missing both starting tackles. Which I think people are somehow still overlooking.

Mahomes is great, but that is a big deal for any team. Even an Andy Reid coached one. 

Especially when you have Shaq and JPP coming off the edge, just ask Green Bay... twice now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

In my opinion, the 49ers were more of a threat.  They were a more dominant team defensively, and they had weapons on offense too.  To compare the two, I'd just look at the NFC Championship games in both years.  The Packers team that played in both games was pretty much the same group, and while Tampa Bay beat them, San Francisco absolutely dominated them.  If I were the Chiefs, I'd much rather play this year's Bucs team than last year's Niners.

I think the Packers this year were better than the Packers last year. Plus the Bucs played them in Green Bay while the 9ers played them in SF.