Super Bowl LV - Tampa Bay and Kansas City

onejayhawk

The early line has the Chiefs up by a FG. 

This is the first time teams who  played during the regular season meet in the SB since 2012. 
This is Tom Brady's tenth Super Bowl, a record. Second is six.
Brady already owns the record for most SB wins, six.
The last team to win back to back championships is Brady's Patriots in 2003 and 2004.
Six players, all QB, have won SB MVP twice. Brady holds the record with four. 
Only two players have won SB MVP back to back--Bart Starr and Terry Bradshaw.
The Buccaneers won three straight road games to make the Super Bowl, which will be played in their home stadium.
Patrick Mahomes has never lost by more than one score. The most is eight points, this year, to Lost Wages. 
Th Chiefs will play in in their second less-than-capacity SB crowd. SB I did not sell out. It is also the only game not officially called the Super Bowl.
GA tickets for the AFL-NFL World Championship Game sold for $12. Stubs now sell for over $500.

J

Edited by onejayhawk

I think that's a decent matchup for us. Tampa doesn't run the ball that well and their offense is about big plays, which I think we can defend well. Tampa D is great at stopping the run but that's not what our O is about so that's a good matchup on paper (much better than GB). 

The big issue is whether our OL can hold on. Arod got pressured a ton yesterday and GB OL is definitely better than ours right now. 

Can't wait. 

As a Packers fan who secretly roots for the Bills as my AFC team and suffered TWO heartbreaking losses last night (again, eff my life):

please kick the ever-living ish out of TB. ;) Don't want AB winning one, either.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

The search for OL starts in a strange place. The Chiefs released Prince Wanogho, recently signed to the practice squad. One possible reason is to make space for Justin Britt, who was worked out last week. 
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/25/kansas-city-chiefs-practice-squad-prince-tega-wanogho-released/

Edited by onejayhawk

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

The search for OL starts in a strange place. The Chiefs released Prince Wanogho, recently signed to the practice squad. One possible reason is to make space for Justin Britt, who was worked out last week. 
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/25/kansas-city-chiefs-practice-squad-prince-tega-wanogho-released/

Maybe pickup an OG for depth with a plan to move Wylie to RT?

Must say TB continue to prove me wrong. Ive predicted them to lose to every single winning team this season. It served me well in the regular season, but in the post-season they've defied that. 

Still, we're a different beast. We aren't the packers who can't rally and come from behind. We aren't the Saints with their limited offensive gameplan. We are the polar opposite of both of those.

If Tampa want to take a lead against us - so be it. We seem to play better from behind.

JPP is good, but Shaq is the one I worry about.

There is good news. Le'Veon Bell and Sammy Watkins should be ready for the game. 
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/26/kansas-city-chiefs-sammy-watkins-leveon-bell-super-bowl-55-injury-update/

There is an article looking OL possibilities. This five is the most likely, like this or switching Allegretti and Wisniewski.  
LT Mike Remmers - LG Nick Allegretti - C Austin Reiter - RG Stefen Wisniewski - RT Andrew Wylie

Depending on Rankin's health, we could see these five in some order.
LT Martinas Rankin - LG Nick Allegretti - C Austin Reiter - RG Andrew Wylie - RT Mike Remmers

There is one more name to consider.
LT Mike Remmers, LG Nick Allegretti, C Austin Reiter, RG Andrew Wylie, RT Patrick Omameh

If Yasir Durant plays, it will most likely be at OG.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/lists/kansas-city-chiefs-super-bowl-55-possible-offensive-line-combos/

Let’s go!!!

Two Super Bowls?!

never would I have thought I’d live to see the day. Been a really fun year and now it feels like it’s worth all the stress I go through every Sunday.

Even with the OL issues and Mahomes toe I’m very confident we can win. Like Travis Kelce said, “you know how you handle adversity? You smack it right in the mouth!” If anybody is capable of overcoming any challenge it’s the Kansas City Chiefs!!

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 1

One of thos guys is Nacho. I always thought he was good.

L David is not usually blitzing, but the other three LB are all good at bringing heat. We need to worry about inside pressure as well as edge pressure. This almost the opposite of last year, where 90% of the pressure was from down linemen. For Tampa, only Suh is a consistent threat up front. The three LB and Suh account for 2/3 of their sacks, but there are also a half dozen from the DB. It reminds me a bit of us.

Here's a nice recap of the first game.

Kansas City Chiefs 27 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 24. It must be unnerving for Bucs fans to see the Super Bowl opponent Chiefs on the other side of one of Tampa Bay's worst games, but it also speaks to how consistent the Buccaneers were that they played a dozen games better than a three-point loss to the eventual AFC champions. Regardless, this is best remembered as the Tyreek Hill game, when Kansas City's star wideout gained 139 yards on three touchdown catches -- including 44- and 75-yard scores in the first quarter alone -- on his way to a 13-catch, 269-yard day. Those two plays put Kansas City up 17-0, and Hill's 20-yarder put them up 27-10 in the third quarter. Mike Evans caught a pair of touchdowns to pull Tampa Bay within three points, but the Chiefs took the ensuing kickoff with 4:10 left to play and ran out the rest of the clock. Hill was obviously the big star of the day, but Patrick Mahomes also finished with 462 yards on 49 passes. Due to their early deficit, the Bucs only ran the ball 13 times, but still managed 75 yards. For his part, Brady managed 345 yards on 41 passes.
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2021/qr-bonus-keys-beating-tampa-bay