Super Bowl LV - Tampa Bay and Kansas City

onejayhawk

We genuinely take fewer chances when we have a lead, which also translates to apply less pressure to the defense. 

It's worth noting that in the Buffalo game we have the six minute TD drive early in the game. We went down the field in chunks, ie 5+ yards, but nothing long. that's the sort of grinding that breaks a defense. The next drive had Hardman's 50 yard jet sweep. Two drives later, Hill did his 70 yard video-game run (did you know he apologized to Coach for not getting the touch?). 

The point is that when the defense is giving the short stuff, we can take it and still keep pressure. Sometimes we don't do that with a lead.

J

• Like 1

13 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

We genuinely take fewer chances when we have a lead, which also translates to apply less pressure to the defense. 

It's worth noting that in the Buffalo game we have the six minute TD drive early in the game. We went down the field in chunks, ie 5+ yards, but nothing long. that's the sort of grinding that breaks a defense. The next drive had Hardman's 50 yard jet sweep. Two drives later, Hill did his 70 yard video-game run (did you know he apologized to Coach for not getting the touch?). 

The point is that when the defense is giving the short stuff, we can take it and still keep pressure. Sometimes we don't do that with a lead.

J

We’ve gotten really good at dealing with defenses dropping everybody into soft zones and applying pressure with 4. Just go back to the West Coast roots of the offense. Short stuff to get YAC, and misdirection presnap to take the pressure off the OL, then assume when all else fails that Mahomes is gonna wheel and deal and make an amazing throw 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

We’ve gotten really good at dealing with defenses dropping everybody into soft zones and applying pressure with 4. Just go back to the West Coast roots of the offense. Short stuff to get YAC, and misdirection presnap to take the pressure off the OL, then assume when all else fails that Mahomes is gonna wheel and deal and make an amazing throw 

Very true.   I also think that’s why a lot of us want to upgrade the OL a bit.   At least get a couple guys in there who can road grade a little,  takes a ton of pressure of those soft zones when they fear a power run game.  

• Like 1

Tony Romo had this to say. He has a point. If Patrick wants to be the GOAT, this is a must win. 

"This is the biggest game Patrick Mahomes will ever play in for the rest of his career… If he loses this game, he cannot catch Tom Brady, in my opinion."

@tonyromo pic.twitter.com/zHM8A9xuVy

Footnote: Brady has never won SB MVP back to back. In 2004 they gave it to Dieon Branch. If he really wants to rub it in, he should get a TD reception like Foles three years ago. 

J

8 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Just reading that Willie Gay tore his meniscus during practice today and needed surgery. On his Instagram he's in a brace. 

Damn that really sucks, reminds me of Mahomes last year. High ankle sprain that cascaded to a dislocated meniscus(which didn’t tear thank god)

God Speed on that recovery and hopefully he’s ready to start the year. At least the rest of the LBs are healthy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Just reading that Willie Gay tore his meniscus during practice today and needed surgery. On his Instagram he's in a brace. 

Good gravy!! Reminds me of another Chiefs former First Rd. pick - Percy Snow. Never played a down of NFL football. Tore up a knee in offseason/preseason.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 8:53 AM, KManX89 said:

As a Packers fan who secretly roots for the Bills as my AFC team and suffered TWO heartbreaking losses last night (again, eff my life):

please kick the ever-living ish out of TB. ;) Don't want AB winning one, either.

Hey good luck next year packer fans. We love you 😘

Yeah, that kind of injury for Willie G, you have to assume he won't be able to go next year, and just hope that he can. Hopefully we can find a way to bring back Damien Wilson on a cheap deal. Then worst case scenario, you go into next year with the same LB group as this year. I know Niemann/Hitch/Wilson isn't an inspiring group, but it's functional enough.

Though if we lose Dan, that gets a bit tougher.

It really disappoints me that DOD never developed into even a 1 or 2 down player at LB. He'd have been a good guy to have had as hybrid S/LB role to bridge the gap between Sorensen and Gay.

Gotta be honest, as nice as it would be to have them back, it could be really convenient if Fish and/or Schwartz retired. Just from a financial standpoint.

On 1/28/2021 at 9:22 PM, samsel23 said:

Very true.   I also think that’s why a lot of us want to upgrade the OL a bit.   At least get a couple guys in there who can road grade a little,  takes a ton of pressure of those soft zones when they fear a power run game.  

Reid loves his mathletes though lol. 

Nice to see that they’re somewhat aware of the situation with the Osemele signing. We definitely need some ol upgrades, hopefully through early draft picks.

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Yeah, that kind of injury for Willie G, you have to assume he won't be able to go next year, and just hope that he can. Hopefully we can find a way to bring back Damien Wilson on a cheap deal. Then worst case scenario, you go into next year with the same LB group as this year. I know Niemann/Hitch/Wilson isn't an inspiring group, but it's functional enough.

Though if we lose Dan, that gets a bit tougher.

It really disappoints me that DOD never developed into even a 1 or 2 down player at LB. He'd have been a good guy to have had as hybrid S/LB role to bridge the gap between Sorensen and Gay.

Gotta be honest, as nice as it would be to have them back, it could be really convenient if Fish and/or Schwartz retired. Just from a financial standpoint.

I’m hearing it’s a 4 month timetable to return from that injury? 

Edited by Chiefer