Super Bowl LV - Tampa Bay and Kansas City

onejayhawk

14 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Just a random thought but I wonder if Sammy retires if we win this Sunday. Maybe it's my  fatigue of him and his injuries but he missed an awful lot of time again with what didn't appear to be much. I've always questioned his willingness to persevere through his boo-boos but this year especially seemed like he's even further away. But now he's on the mend right before the Super Bowl...fishy imo.

Either way I think it's definitely time for him to scoot on down the road not even taking into consideration of a contract. Just can't rely on him.

Well, obviously he wants to return for a THIRD ring  ...

34 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Not without a major cut in pay.

Three in a row would be epic, but the chances are looking mixed. The GM has his work cut out this off season.

J

Something I will be thinking about after next Sunday  .. except for TCMD odf course ....

On 2/2/2021 at 1:08 AM, Chiefs_5627 said:

Just a random thought but I wonder if Sammy retires if we win this Sunday. Maybe it's my  fatigue of him and his injuries but he missed an awful lot of time again with what didn't appear to be much. I've always questioned his willingness to persevere through his boo-boos but this year especially seemed like he's even further away. But now he's on the mend right before the Super Bowl...fishy imo.

Either way I think it's definitely time for him to scoot on down the road not even taking into consideration of a contract. Just can't rely on him.

I actually think Watkins has a big game on Sunday. I expect him to get atleast 4 catches and likely will be targeted in the redzone as we've seen this season. With so much attention on Hill and Kelce, I think Watkins gets involved in the short passing game with Fisher being out.

Do Chiefs fans have a feeling one way or another on Watkins showing up Sunday?

All Chiefs fans love Sammy when he's healthy. Witness the 36 yard inside-out catch on Richard Sherman, which set up the go ahead TD in the Super Bowl. There is nothing but good things to say. The problem is that he's been like a British sports car--fun but constantly needing repair. 

J

PFT OL Projection ... ouch  ... but not a surprise  ...

So the Chiefs will be down to Mike Remmers starting at left tackle, Andrew Wylie starting at right tackle, Nick Allegretti and Stefen Wisniewski as the starting guards and Austin Reiter at center in Super Bowl LV. That might be the worst offensive line in the league, but Reid is putting a positive spin on it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/03/andy-reid-chiefs-offensive-line-isnt-pretty-but-its-scrappy/

6 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I actually think Watkins has a big game on Sunday. I expect him to get atleast 4 catches and likely will be targeted in the redzone as we've seen this season. With so much attention on Hill and Kelce, I think Watkins gets involved in the short passing game with Fisher being out.

Do Chiefs fans have a feeling one way or another on Watkins showing up Sunday?

All things are pointing up to him playing. It's the Super Bowl, not much more motivation than that. We're definitely a better team when he's playing but that's always the rub right there.

Edited by Chiefs_5627
  • Like 1

Injury report. Bell and Watkins practiced but were limited. Everyone else was full participation.

For the Bucs, JPP did not practice and several players were limited.

Player Injury Participation*
LT Eric Fisher Achilles DNP
LB Willie Gay Jr. Ankle DNP
RB Le’Veon Bell Knee LP
WR Sammy Watkins Calf LP
RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire Ankle/Hip FP
CB L’Jarius Sneed Concussion FP
CB Rashad Fenton Foot FP
OL Andrew Wylie Ankle FP
OL Mike Remmers Groin FP
QB Patrick Mahomes Toe FP

Player Injury Participation*