Where Do the Bills & Packers Go From Here?

Chiefer

47 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As for Buffalo, it doesn't hurt as much this morning, as KC is undoubtedly the better team, whereas GB feels like they threw that one away yesterday. Buffalo needs a RB and some EDGE help, and potentially OL as well

Exactly this.

Buffalo lost 4 games total this season and two of them were to the reigning SB Champs who are poised to repeat. It sucks. But considering Buffalo hadn’t won a playoff game in over two decades it was a successful season.

Interior OL and DL are major issues. Bills were bullied at the LOS this year. Another difference maker on offense would go a long way too.

The next step the bills do is make a few adjustments, one being go up and get a RB like Najee Harris in the draft, ideally I say Pitts from UF but there is no way he falls out of the top 5-10 in this draft. KC went after CEH for specific reasons, and I believe singletary/moss are great in those catching situations but lack the talent of running the ball consistently. The run game was non existent in the playoffs and they need to focus more on that. Retaining some key players that they have such as Feliciano and Daryl Williams on the oline will be something they need to focus on first. Finally go in and get a play making TE, while Knox has shown flashes he is still raw and may never reach the polished self that fans are hoping for. Hunter Henry is someone I would put on the top of the list and go after him as the threat of Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis, and Henry will be enough weapons for Allen to get going, not to mention Najee running the ball. 

As for defense, they get DT1 Star back from COVID as he was the space eater and run stuffer they desperately needed, and can move on from the older pass rushers by bringing in younger talent whether it is through the draft or FA. 

Another thing is as some people have mentioned losing coaches, Daboll and Dorsey have been looked at for HC and OC options this year so the expectations are they likely will be looked at next year as well. RB Coach Duce Staley is someone I would like to see them bring in and focus on the running attack, giving him also the title of Run Game Coordinator, while giving Dorsey the Pass Game Coordinator position. So if Daboll and/or Dorsey do leave for better positions then Duce who has been an exceptional coach would be the next in line to step up, as well as be the positional coach on a weak run attack this year. Frazier is in the running for the Houston job but I think it is Bienemy's no matter what at this point just to make Watson happy and he is still the top remaining HC candidate out there. But if Frazier did leave I could see them either promote with in or bring in a guy like Wilks who Mcdermott knows fairly well in the Carolina days.

If they are able to do 1 or 2 positive moves like I mention above, and Allen plays like he did this year and not regress, then I think that could put them back in the race for AFCCG/Superbowl, as well as win their division. Both Pats and Jets are potentially on the brink of a rebuild so they are no where ready to compete for the division. While The Dolphins are on the rise they still have some unknowns in offensive weapons and wether or not Tua can make the next step. 

3 hours ago, FinSting said:

Still wondering how many important assistant coaches the Bills will be losing in the offseason? Stuff like that changes a team. 

Maybe not many since they made it so far. Teams didn't want to be patient for Bienenmy, Daboll, etc. 

Bills need to stay the course and ride Allen’s development. 

The Packers have much more uncertainty. I think they need to do what they can to make Rodgers happy for another year and actually use the draft to put more talent around him as a sign that they want to win with him in 2021. Obviously, that investment would pay off when Love takes over.

Blowing it up and handing the keys over to Love seems premature. Do that in 2022, unless you can find a buyer who blows you away with a blockbuster trade offer. Why else would you move on unless Rodgers throws a temper tantrum?

4 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

The Chiefs lost the AFCCG a few years ago and haven't looked back.

Bills issue seemed to be defense even though they're talented? I'd try to match up better with the Chiefs - however possible that is.

Maybe upgrade RB too

A neighbor of mine is a huge Bills fan he was worried about the running game before last night.

Most Packers fans feel a change is needed at DC and ST coordinators.  

• Like 1

They both hope they have a good offseason and get right back in the trophy hunt.

Bills should add a better TE and an OL or 2. Bills RB's are fine and will look better once the OL improves, but I guess adding an Etienne or Najee at the end of round 1 wouldn't hurt. Packers need a WR that is better than Lazard and MVS.

Edited by Jeezla

BUF needs to shore up its run D and improve the run game.    In a perfect world, for the D that would be a DL that also can provide inside push on the pass rush - but those don't exactly grow on trees.

For GB, they really need a 2nd CB who can cover.    Alexander is awesome, but man King and #39 were picked on in a big way.   That's no coincidence.     GB's OL finally showed cracks, but getting back Bakhtiari will help a ton.    They could also use a 2nd pass rusher unless Gary makes the leap, but they're close.   It's not like they went on a fluke run.   But if they want to win CG & SB's, getting better CB's to complement Alexander, and another pressure rusher would help them get to the top.  

Bills need to continue to add and develop pieces. They have a large window.

As for the Packers, things are not quite that easy as the window is closing on Aaron Rodgers.

A- Packers need to get under the salary cap. This will most likely lose a few key pieces this offseason due to that fact (ie Aaron Jones, Corey Linsley, Kevin King, Preston Smith)

B- Coaching changes: I think its almost a forgone conclusion that the DC and ST coordinator are gone. ST has been terrible for the past two seasons and Pettine's decision to go man/cover 1 right before half with 6 seconds left sealed his fate. 

Rodgers needs to **** slap Gutekunst for doing almost nothing to add actual weapons around him for this season. They need to go hard after another receiving option and potentially give Rodgers a say in who they take. That's what I'd ask for if I'm Rodgers, or just force my way out.

I just can't believe a team as close to being in the SB as the packers would eschew adding any kind of WR talent in the offseason. It blows my mind.

2 minutes ago, Cheesehead430 said:

As for the Packers, things are not quite that easy as the window is closing on Aaron Rodgers.

A- Packers need to get under the salary cap. This will most likely lose a few key pieces this offseason due to that fact (ie Aaron Jones, Corey Linsley, Kevin King, Preston Smith)

B- Coaching changes: I think its almost a forgone conclusion that the DC and ST coordinator are gone. ST has been terrible for the past two seasons and Pettine's decision to go man/cover 1 right before half with 6 seconds left sealed his fate. 

I think they'll be happy to "lose" this one.

8 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Not much, both are well placed to challenge again. 

This. I could absolutely see the Packers winning the SB next year. They are not going to lose anyone and can add more in the draft. 

Edited by BayRaider

6 minutes ago, Cheesehead430 said:

Urban_Meyer.0.jpg

• Like 1