2021 Off-Season Talk: Coaches, free agents, extensions etc

Trentwannabe

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

In the grand scheme of it seems pretty steep. I think his tag in 2020 was 750k thats 3 times what he got. Hopefully they sign him to a new deal and remove the tage so it comes in cheaper

I imagine that is the plan. I believe they did that last year with someone.

Much like in 2017 we don’t hear much about what the bills are doing and then once 4 o’clock hits a boatload of info comes out. I remember hearing nothing regarding Hyde or Poyer that year.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Did Quinton Jefferson do much of anything last year? It seems like he was better in Seattle?

Because Star opted out Jefferson had to play out of position basically all year doing both 1 technique and 3 technique at times.

I believe the bills wanted to use him as a DE on rundowns and a three technique on passing downs behind Oliver but it never really materialized

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Because Star opted out Jefferson had to play out of position basically all year doing both 1 technique and 3 technique at times.

I believe the bills wanted to use him as a DE on rundowns and a three technique on passing downs behind Oliver but it never really materialized

So he basically never got a fair shake?

13 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Did Quinton Jefferson do much of anything last year? It seems like he was better in Seattle?

I think he is more suited as a 3-4 DE and the bills ran a 4-3 system. We used him in certain situations where he played along the dline at 1DT and DE but couldnt find his footing. He may have better success on a 3-4 or have a better NT that takes on more double teams to allow him to get through the line.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Both Telesco and Beane approach their roster in a similar fashion in which neither will over pay I see that Roseman is going to be the loser out of this as neither will budge and will only annoy Ertz that much more. Will be interested to see how this pans out.

Chargers just signed Jared Cook so Roseman may have to adjust his value of Ertz.

Glad to see Beane isn’t offering anything stupid for him.

18 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Chargers just signed Jared Cook so Roseman may have to adjust his value of Ertz.

Glad to see Beane isn’t offering anything stupid for him.

Also Beane and Mcdermott just pushed back their zoom meeting with media from 2 to 3 right as this news broke of Cook signing with Chargers.

I think out of TEs on the market that Kyle Rudolph might be a decent pairing. Probably would get like a 1 year $4 mil + incentives. I think he would work nicely with dawson and add a blocking element with losing Lee.

I would also love of Philip Lindsay came here. He gives me Fred Jackson vibes, hard working UDFA.