Jump to content

2021 Off-Season Talk: Coaches, free agents, extensions etc


Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Not in this offense. Bills aren't going to alter their identity because of Zach Ertz. Nor should they.

They need to make changes to their offense cause it didnt get them to a superbowl so I am not sure about this statement whether it is with Ertz or not things do need to be mixed up there. Ertz is definitely an upgrade to the TE group IMO, if you dont see it that its fine as we both have opinions and disagree on the topic. when I see a guy who has had a solid career and is still young to be able to come in and get the job done and be an extra weapon for Allen I would take it in a heart beat especially when the TE group ended 26 out of 32 last year, any upgrade would be nice and I do not see Holister being an upgrade over kroft (who I disliked as a te selection at the time) let alone knox. Te has been our achilles heal on weapons since Riemersma. If it cost a day 3 pick to get Ertz I dont see any issues with it as it solves 1 of 4 current issues on this team, the other 3 being a workhorse Rb, a 1t dt and a cb2. Right now we are basing our TE corps on a guy who may have unused potential that has yet to come out and that is what we are banking on in order to go to a superbowl? If not then we go with the same set up as last year which is count on allen and the wr group as the rbs and tes are the same as last year. Dont see how we upgraded in the 2 weakest positions on offense?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

They need to make changes to their offense cause it didnt get them to a superbowl so I am not sure about this statement whether it is with Ertz or not things do need to be mixed up there.

I didn’t say they don’t need to get better. But that doesn’t always mean making changes. 
 

Allen and Diggs getting a full off season together can take the offense to another level. The OL staying healthy can help the offense, especially the running game. Guys going into their second or third year making a jump helps an offense.

The Bills didn’t get to the SB for a variety of reasons. Least of which was because of the TE position. Knox had 6 catches for 42 yards and a TD.

Beasley, Diggs and Gabe Davis all played injured. The OL was manhandled and the defense couldn’t stop Kelce or Hill. I won’t even go into McDermott coaching scared.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

 

it is weird because the bills usually you never really get an idea of what they are doing until after the fact but from what I remember the bills werent to thrilled about the wr group and diggs was mentioned as the top target for them in a trade it ended up not happening at the time but did that offseason. I think this is the same situation except they may be trying to be proactive about it before the season rather then during the season. I guess the issue at hand is philly's demands are higher then what Beane is willing to offer. The eagles are around 1 mil in cap space with 2 rookies yet to sign. Dickerson is projected to have a cap hit around 1.5 mil. I have to assume moving Ertz makes the most sense to clear 5 mil so roseman has to come back with a reasonable price if Beane actually wants him. With OTAs ending today or yesterday I think Beane and Mcdermott will have time to sit down and discuss the idea of a move for a TE whether it is ertz or someone else before mandatory camp starts next week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Beasley really, really, really, really needs to stop tweeting.

It’ll never cease to amaze me the amount of people who think freedom of speech and freedom of choice doesn’t meant there are consequences.

It’s absolutely his choice not to get the vaccine. Just like it’s absolutely the NFLs choice to have restrictions in place to protect themselves and players. 

Hopefully he learns to stay off Twitter and, I don’t know, actually speak with his NFLPA team rep. But he clearly would rather stir up crap rather than become informed or at least seek out information that differs from his opinion.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

It’ll never cease to amaze me the amount of people who think freedom of speech and freedom of choice doesn’t meant there are consequences.

It’s absolutely his choice not to get the vaccine. Just like it’s absolutely the NFLs choice to have restrictions in place to protect themselves and players. 

Hopefully he learns to stay off Twitter and, I don’t know, actually speak with his NFLPA team rep. But he clearly would rather stir up crap rather than become informed or at least seek out information that differs from his opinion.

Just dont get the route he is taking in this at all. This clearly brings no good to anyone so why do it. You are just giving more ammo for the media to feed off of it and continue to drag out the yay or nay vaccine talk for players. The less you talk about it the less the media has to go off of which leaves it dead in the water now this is going to be the talk until training camp which is probably going to piss beane off along with the coaching staff. Just avoid the talks of vaccination it is so simple.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Beasley really, really, really, really needs to stop tweeting.

Coming in here to see if y'all were talking about it because WOOOOOOOOW those tweets are....something. Just straight up embarrassing and it's so sad how confident he is while being completely and utterly wrong about everything he's talking about.

The spelling/grammar mistakes is just the cherry on top, though.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Coming in here to see if y'all were talking about it because WOOOOOOOOW those tweets are....something. Just straight up embarrassing and it's so sad how confident he is while being completely and utterly wrong about everything he's talking about.

The spelling/grammar mistakes is just the cherry on top, though.

It’s a great reminder that just because people are in the 1% for their physical ability, we shouldn’t put them on some pedestal above the average Joe. 

It’s scary to think how Many more people are like this in the world. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

It’s a great reminder that just because people are in the 1% for their physical ability, we shouldn’t put them on some pedestal above the average Joe. 

It’s scary to think how Many more people are like this in the world. 

The entire WR room other than Diggs agrees with him too that's what's so god damn stupid about it all.

Look most of these dudes are from bum**** nowhere and were raised culturally conservative which comes with this kinda baggage, I get it. You can count on one hand the NFL QB's who don't on some level likely agree with this take for instance.

But still, for the love of god man, STOP TWEETING. At least after the first flub, Josh Allen hasn't been on twitter literally every single day talking about Gods Will and crap. Just stop talking, stop talking! You're costing yourself a ton of money! 

Just so damn dumb.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Just dont get the route he is taking in this at all. This clearly brings no good to anyone so why do it. You are just giving more ammo for the media to feed off of it and continue to drag out the yay or nay vaccine talk for players. The less you talk about it the less the media has to go off of which leaves it dead in the water now this is going to be the talk until training camp which is probably going to piss beane off along with the coaching staff. Just avoid the talks of vaccination it is so simple.

At this point it's evident that Cole thinks... way too god damn highly of himself, his opinion, and his intellect that he has to share it with the world at every opportunity so I highly doubt he's done screaming about this and in fact will bet a lot of money that he will continue screaming about it well into the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2021 at 11:52 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

Beasley really, really, really, really needs to stop tweeting.

Why? Why does he need to stop tweeting? That what we say to everyone who we dont agree with now? Is he not allowed his views? 

I'm so done with this "cancel culture", mob style bull**** where you get bullied for not falling in line. 

I'm not getting vaccinated either because I dont trust the people pushing it. Should I stop posting?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, in Canada we were just shut down because variants from Brazil and India just flattened us. When the people pushing vaccines are the same people letting these variants in. I have some questions before I put a vax into my body that hasnt been studied long enough. 

And no, I dont live in "rural" community and yes, I have a college degree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Why? Why does he need to stop tweeting? That what we say to everyone who we dont agree with now? Is he not allowed his views? 

I'm so done with this "cancel culture", mob style bull**** where you get bullied for not falling in line. 

I'm not getting vaccinated either because I dont trust the people pushing it. Should I stop posting?

Lol literally nobody is trying to cancel him. He’s employed and making millions. That won’t change.

Beasley not wanting the vaccine isn’t the issue. I don’t agree with it in the slightest but he’s the pro athlete so clearly his body is his life and that means more to him then other things. He has said as much. 
 

His lack of understanding on how vaccines works, the NFL, a union and his desire to drive up the topic on social media as opposed to talking with his player rep or experts on both sides of the vaccine is the real issue. 
 

Beasley doesn’t want to be informed one way or the other. Why he thinks boasting about that on social media and then complaining when people ask for his reasoning is a new level of self absorbed. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...