2021 Off-Season Talk: Coaches, free agents, extensions etc

Trentwannabe

20 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I mean, in Canada we were just shut down because variants from Brazil and India just flattened us. When the people pushing vaccines are the same people letting these variants in. I have some questions before I put a vax into my body that hasnt been studied long enough. 

And no, I dont live in "rural" community and yes, I have a college degree.

Ontario is well on its way to step 2 and close to 65% with at least one dose. Hardly been flattened.

The side effects of the vaccine are extremely low and the side effects are way less dangerous or severe then actually getting Covid. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Why? Why does he need to stop tweeting? That what we say to everyone who we dont agree with now? Is he not allowed his views? 

I'm so done with this "cancel culture", mob style bull**** where you get bullied for not falling in line. 

I'm not getting vaccinated either because I dont trust the people pushing it. Should I stop posting?

yes

• Like 9

The reason the variants are doing so much damage is because Brazil and India have a gigantic lag on vaccines because we're hoarding it all lol. Brazil's vaccination rate is 11%, India's is 3.6%, we know they're effective against these variants. The issue is just that there isn't enough vaccines getting to these countries, it's why Africa is suffering so badly.

• Like 3

Why? Why does he need to stop tweeting? That what we say to everyone who we dont agree with now? Is he not allowed his views? 

I'm so done with this "cancel culture", mob style bull**** where you get bullied for not falling in line. 

I'm not getting vaccinated either because I dont trust the people pushing it. Should I stop posting?

Absolutely.

• Like 7

thats an excellent idea.

• Like 8

Indubitably.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Yes, you should.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Bease might be my favorite bill on the field. But dude is a clown. He said if i die i want to die living. Like wtf does that even mean?

I’m assuming it means he doesn’t wear a seat belt, or stop at red lights or cook his chicken all the way through because he ain’t living in fear! 

• Like 2

On 6/19/2021 at 6:23 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

Its not cancel culture or mob style nonsense. Its about keeping your mouth shut on your opinions, just because you have a voice doesnt mean it needs to be dropped on every opinion. It is unwanted attention to the organization. People are quick to forget that it is a business. If your company wanted you to get vaccinated and you didnt want to, you would straight up tell them saying no thanks. You wouldnt go blasting the company you work for publicly about this would you? If so how quickly would you get fired because people have voiced their opinions on other matters and were let go the next day. He is allowed to have his own opinion and right on the matter it is how he is handling it and how it looks bad for the organization who is paying him. Every player has been saying they are keeping this topic of discussion flowing through the locker room but not making it public because they know the media will continue to make it bigger then it is. 

We all are fans of the team and want nothing but success I think the people who are mad about this are the ones who know it is unwanted and negative narratives that you want to avoid at all cost and with his bold comments it can come with backlash from the media who gets people worked up. It has nothing to do with his view on whether he wants or doesnt want the vaccine. Which can result in the organization letting him go and the league not wanting him like other players in the past about voicing their social justice views. Media is all about dividing people and if you give them that ammo they will happily use it. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 8:25 AM, Trentwannabe said:

It’ll never cease to amaze me the amount of people who think freedom of speech and freedom of choice doesn’t meant there are consequences.

It’s absolutely his choice not to get the vaccine. Just like it’s absolutely the NFLs choice to have restrictions in place to protect themselves and players. 

Hopefully he learns to stay off Twitter and, I don’t know, actually speak with his NFLPA team rep. But he clearly would rather stir up crap rather than become informed or at least seek out information that differs from his opinion.

Freedom of speech doesn’t mean much if you chase people who use it off social media and forums and try to get them fired from their jobs.

You guys aren’t going to like the world you are making.

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Freedom of speech doesn’t mean much if you chase people who use it off social media and forums and try to get them fired from their jobs.

That’s a nice big paint brush you’re using.

I’d love to see where anyone on here or the evil liberal media is saying Beasley should be fired. 

Again, freedom of speech doesn’t mean freedom of consequences if your speech is racist, homophobic, sexist or bigotry. Pretty sure no one is claiming that’s what Beasley has done.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Cole Beasley is a multi-millionaire he's not going to be silenced in any way and I have no called for him to be banned from twitter now have I? I said he should stop tweeting because he should. He's a football player, that's it, that's the extent of his expertise, and all him doing this dumb crap does is expose how stupid he, a solid chunk of the Bills and football fanbase, and many of his teammates are.

"Everybody has the right to their opinion blah blah blah" no they don't, they have the right to be an idiot sure, just as I can tell them they're and idiot and all consistently doing this does is impart the wrong things on all the wrong people. Him tweeting is just his own stupidity expressing itself and embarrassing everybody involved.  Blah blah cancel culture blah blah. This is a forum of like 50 people, 95% of whom have been talking to each other for the better part of a decade now. People are free to post dumb crap, I'm free to call it dumb crap and say they should stop posting. If they stop that's on them.

There's a whole thing about "rights" and their applied values but that's too much for a subforum on a football site. I'll just say that consequences follow actions, and you're  not a big brave freedom fighter for being a multi millionaire and having a gigantic tantrum on twitter or defending said tantruming 30 year old.

Also, if Beasely didn't want the NFL to have this power, he had that chance to do so when they were NEGOTIATING AND SIGNGING THE NEW CBA DURING THE MIDDLE OF THE PANDEMIC. That was also a choice he made.

• Like 3