2021 Off-Season Talk: Coaches, free agents, extensions etc

Trentwannabe

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I am talking about way multiple people treated @BillsGuy82

You all told him to shut up and stop posting for giving his opinion.

Who told him to shut up? I thought I liked most of the replies but must’ve missed the “shut up” comment.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 1:10 PM, dll2000 said:

I am talking about way multiple people treated @BillsGuy82

You all told him to shut up and stop posting for giving his opinion.  On a forum.   Because you didn't like it.  Which is a larger problem he was pointing out.  And you proved him right.  

And why should Beasley not be able to give his opinion?  Obviously about 30 - 40% of population doesn't want to get the vaccine either.  And they don't want to be forced to against their will.

You may not agree with it.   Doesn't mean they have to shut up about it and accept your opinion or views on the issue.

For one thing not one person told him to shut up. The other thing is he posed the question should he stop posting and the majority of people responded yes, they are also a majority of non Bills fans. We have been in this forum for years and always have disagreements yet we never bash on them. While it was silly for him to pose that question "should I stop posting?" there will be people trolling him by saying yes since that is what guys do just to mess around at times.

As for Beasley he can voice his opinion on the matter with the people at hand not to the public, he has outlets whether it is in the locker room, the coaches office, over the phone to the NFLPA that is how an adult goes and handles their business with a personal matter that you disagree with in a job setting. Throwing a temper tantrum on social media, makes him look stupid, makes the organization look stupid for allowing him to voice his concerns in a public fashion like that and not through the right channels. I dont care what any of these players think that is their right to have an opinion but to voice it on social media is just reckless especially when other players on the team have flat out told media they prefer to keep their opinions and choices on vaccinations or not in house and its none of their business while Beasley acts like a clown about it. It has nothing to do with vaccine it has everything to do with going about the matter when his teammates, coaches, and remaining organization have expressed that it is not a public matter for him to completely disregard that is selfish and childish which is why fans like the bills on here are annoyed that he did it. 

Rumor is Josh Allen is willing to open up a contract in which it is flexible for every year he is on the team. My guess is that he will be looking at a Mahomes type extension which they can manipulate the deal for years to come with a 10 year deal only having 3-4 years guaranteed with signing bonus broken down over the first 5 years. I think this is a better route to go then the Dak contract in which it has 6 years of cap hits on a 4 year deal. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

For one thing not one person told him to shut up. The other thing is he posed the question should he stop posting and the majority of people responded yes, they are also a majority of non Bills fans. We have been in this forum for years and always have disagreements yet we never bash on them. While it was silly for him to pose that question "should I stop posting?" there will be people trolling him by saying yes since that is what guys do just to mess around at times.

As for Beasley he can voice his opinion on the matter with the people at hand not to the public, he has outlets whether it is in the locker room, the coaches office, over the phone to the NFLPA that is how an adult goes and handles their business with a personal matter that you disagree with in a job setting. Throwing a temper tantrum on social media, makes him look stupid, makes the organization look stupid for allowing him to voice his concerns in a public fashion like that and not through the right channels. I dont care what any of these players think that is their right to have an opinion but to voice it on social media is just reckless especially when other players on the team have flat out told media they prefer to keep their opinions and choices on vaccinations or not in house and its none of their business while Beasley acts like a clown about it. It has nothing to do with vaccine it has everything to do with going about the matter when his teammates, coaches, and remaining organization have expressed that it is not a public matter for him to completely disregard that is selfish and childish which is why fans like the bills on here are annoyed that he did it. 

Fair enough.

I am just generally tired of speech codes, banning and people getting shouted down and personally attacked for having dissenting opinions.

I get that as always been case and more so in internet era, but responses and attitudes seem to keep getting more extreme.  

It is not enough to disagree for many.  Person has to be silenced and even doxed and fired from their job.

Seems we are moving away from American ideals and more toward East German ideals with neighbor vs. neighbor.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Fair enough.

I am just generally tired of speech codes, banning and people getting shouted down and personally attacked for having dissenting opinions.

I get that as always been case and more so in internet era, but responses and attitudes seem to keep getting more extreme.  

It is not enough to disagree for many.  Person has to be silenced and even doxed and fired from their job.

Seems we are moving away from American ideals and more toward East German ideals with neighbor vs. neighbor.

Lmao there are no Speech Stasi, Jesus how insanely hyperbolic.

On 6/23/2021 at 11:33 AM, soflbillsfan said:

Rumor is Josh Allen is willing to open up a contract in which it is flexible for every year he is on the team. My guess is that he will be looking at a Mahomes type extension which they can manipulate the deal for years to come with a 10 year deal only having 3-4 years guaranteed with signing bonus broken down over the first 5 years. I think this is a better route to go then the Dak contract in which it has 6 years of cap hits on a 4 year deal. 

I love Josh Allen.

Im sure he’ll get his big deal but the fact he realizes it can be a problem for the team and wants to structure it a certain way is extremely self aware. 

Im hoping it gets done before TC and before Mayfield/Jackson.

On 6/19/2021 at 6:23 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

Why? Why does he need to stop tweeting? That what we say to everyone who we dont agree with now? Is he not allowed his views? 

I'm so done with this "cancel culture", mob style bull**** where you get bullied for not falling in line. 

I'm not getting vaccinated either because I dont trust the people pushing it. Should I stop posting?

I'd like to dive into this a bit more, if allowed. There are now countless health organizations around the world who have approved these vaccines. Do you not trust their views, either? They're all in on a big scheme?

Listen, you're not going to hear me say big pharma has never done anything wrong. They've had their issues, but this isn't only big pharma or the FDA claiming the vaccine is safe. It's countless health agencies around the world with many different experts all pointing in the same direction.

I will say this- I worked on a COVID ICU. I saw some sad, sad **** over the holiday season. Things that made my Christmas eve a really tough night, though, I'll admit- the holidays are always a bit tough on an ICU. 

I also share an office with someone who didn't think COVID was a big deal (until the winter surge). She thought the vaccines may be tampered with at distribution. Just crazy, crazy conspiracies. Guess what? She got vaccinated. She complained about it- she won't allow her kids to get it, but she got it, because deep down she knows this virus is not to be played with. It took her working on a COVID ICU to realize this. Had she worked any other job- she'd probably share your views. When you're actually living it- it's hard to get caught up in the nonsense conspiracy theories that float around the internet.

Moral of the story? You're playing with fire if you're walking around unvaccinated. People are dropping their masks left and right. Many of whom are unvaccinated, so you're swimming with the sharks now.

Your cost/reward meter needs some tuning if you'd rather take your chances with a virus that swamped our ICUs in the fall/winter, killed 600k Americans, and sends way more than that to the EDs because their SP02s are too low. 

Also, it's strange to see @Xenos @pwny @ET80 in a Bills thread. Y'all are always welcome here in my book. Drinks on me!

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 5

On 6/19/2021 at 6:35 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

I mean, in Canada we were just shut down because variants from Brazil and India just flattened us. When the people pushing vaccines are the same people letting these variants in. I have some questions before I put a vax into my body that hasnt been studied long enough. 

And no, I dont live in "rural" community and yes, I have a college degree.

2.8 BILLION doses have been administered world wide. Think about that for a minute. That number is so big the human mind cant really comprehend how big it is, and all that's developed are extremely rare side effects. 

The vaccine is NOT fool proof, so there are going to be very rare side effects like myocarditis, severe allergic reactions, or blood clots. Truth is- nothing is 100% safe whether it's medication or other things we do every day in life. You hop in your car every day, right? Well, you're way more likely to have a life altering injury from that than these vaccines.

What's important is the cost/reward of being vaccinated. MDs deal with these dilemmas every day (I'm not a medical doctor, btw). That's where the vaccines blow COVID out of the water.

As far as fearing long-term effects- the odds of long-term issues are miniscule. Most long-term effects that occur are from consuming something consistently. Think of cigarettes'- if you smoke two cigs 3 weeks apart once in your entire life, then the odds of cancer or heart conditions developing are nil. If you're smoking a pack a day for 30 years, then the odds of health issues arising are MUCH higher.

You can look at Tylenol, too. If you consistently and excessively take Tylenol every day for your entire life, then you could develop liver issues. The key word there is excessively, because if you follow the dosing then the odds are extremely low that you'll develop any issues. That's why we have dosing.

So, given that we only take these vaccines twice + mRNA is in and out of the body in a couple of days and the other ingredients aren't that special= Long-term effects are so unlikely that it's not worth losing any sleep over. I'm more worried about the 10-15 beers and the few joints I smoke every week causing long term issues than these vaccines, haha. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

I'd like to dive into this a bit more, if allowed. There are now countless health organizations around the world who have approved these vaccines. Do you not trust their views, either? They're all in on a big scheme?

Listen, you're not going to hear me say big pharma has never done anything wrong. They've had their issues, but this isn't only big pharma or the FDA claiming the vaccine is safe. It's countless health agencies around the world with many different experts all pointing in the same direction.

I will say this- I worked on a COVID ICU. I saw some sad, sad **** over the holiday season. Things that made my Christmas eve a really tough night, though, I'll admit- the holidays are always a bit tough on an ICU. 

I also share an office with someone who didn't think COVID was a big deal (until the winter surge). She thought the vaccines may be tampered with at distribution. Just crazy, crazy conspiracies. Guess what? She got vaccinated. She complained about it- she won't allow her kids to get it, but she got it, because deep down she knows this virus is not to be played with. It took her working on a COVID ICU to realize this. Had she worked any other job- she'd probably share your views. When you're actually living it- it's hard to get caught up in the nonsense conspiracy theories that float around the internet.

Moral of the story? You're playing with fire if you're walking around unvaccinated. People are dropping their masks left and right. Many of whom are unvaccinated, so you're swimming with the sharks now.

Your cost/reward meter needs some tuning if you'd rather take your chances with a virus that swamped our ICUs in the fall/winter, killed 600k Americans, and sends way more than that to the EDs because their SP02s are too low. 

Also, it's strange to see @Xenos @pwny @ET80 in a Bills thread. Y'all are always welcome here in my book. Drinks on me!

I’m here because I heard there was free beer 😂.

J/K I’m here because I wanted to see what the reactions to the Beasley tweets were. And because I do like certain people on the Bills like Josh Allen, McDermott, and of course Daboll.

Edit: and because I love your breakdown of the vaccines even away from the Covid thread.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I wouldn’t be surprised but I also think the staff is quite happy with Jackson and Wallace as CB2

I think we will wait until training camp to see how the position battles play out. If some players underwhelm or if we have a few injuries I could see us bringing in a vet like Sherman, Nelson, Atkins, Casey, etc. The Diggs restructure helps give us a little cap room to spend on the free agents that are holding out for larger deals than the vet minimum range.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I think we will wait until training camp to see how the position battles play out. If some players underwhelm or if we have a few injuries I could see us bringing in a vet like Sherman, Nelson, Atkins, Casey, etc. The Diggs restructure helps give us a little cap room to spend on the free agents that are holding out for larger deals than the vet minimum range.

Nelson would be my favourite from that specific list. Atkins would be interesting as well. Especially if the staff doesn’t feel Oliver has taken a step or if they’re concerned about what’s behind him