2021 Off-Season Talk: Coaches, free agents, extensions etc

Trentwannabe

On 6/30/2021 at 9:32 PM, Trentwannabe said:

I think it is for Ertz, to much talking about him and buffalo. It seems to be on the philly side more so the bills side which to me makes sense as Buffalo Brass seem to always be quiet. So it can be a ploy for another team to commit to him or the bills are really making up a deal just trying to get it done as they may not be budging on their offer.

On 7/2/2021 at 9:04 AM, soflbillsfan said:

I think it is for Ertz, to much talking about him and buffalo. It seems to be on the philly side more so the bills side which to me makes sense as Buffalo Brass seem to always be quiet. So it can be a ploy for another team to commit to him or the bills are really making up a deal just trying to get it done as they may not be budging on their offer.

I think there’s too much talking because the Eagles media knows he should be traded but their GM has set the price too high. It’s easy to connect the dot to Buffalo so everyone keeps doing it. 

Id be very surprised if it happens. If Beane was going to pull the trigger he would have done so by now.

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think there’s too much talking because the Eagles media knows he should be traded but their GM has set the price too high. It’s easy to connect the dot to Buffalo so everyone keeps doing it. 

Id be very surprised if it happens. If Beane was going to pull the trigger he would have done so by now.

Its only been Buffalo there are other teams that could be better at connecting the dots one particular is Indy, they dont have a top tier TE and could definitely use him. Reich and Wentz reunited would be another reason, they have the cap yet its only been Buffalo. There has to be some smoke there thats why I think it could be the only team to look at him. Not sure if it is Philly high asking price or Ertz agent saying he wants this much money in a new deal or dont bother but when the team is being mentioned for several weeks you have to think there is some connection there. 

8 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Its only been Buffalo there are other teams that could be better at connecting the dots one particular is Indy, they dont have a top tier TE and could definitely use him. Reich and Wentz reunited would be another reason, they have the cap yet its only been Buffalo. There has to be some smoke there thats why I think it could be the only team to look at him. Not sure if it is Philly high asking price or Ertz agent saying he wants this much money in a new deal or dont bother but when the team is being mentioned for several weeks you have to think there is some connection there. 

I think there was definitely something there around the draft. Buffalo and a few teams were mentioned and then I believe it was Mike Garafolo who said Buffalo was out because of asking price. 

Now I think you have people throwing Crap at the wall hoping it sticks with the rare chance the trade goes down. The latest guy to do it said it’s not based on his sources but his gut feeling. 

12 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think there was definitely something there around the draft. Buffalo and a few teams were mentioned and then I believe it was Mike Garafolo who said Buffalo was out because of asking price. 

Now I think you have people throwing Crap at the wall hoping it sticks with the rare chance the trade goes down. The latest guy to do it said it’s not based on his sources but his gut feeling. 

A guy who has been in sports talk for 40 years with Eagles who hasnt had the need to give out information about a move has done it with Ertz, he may have said a gut feeling but I think he has a source who isnt entirely credible but believes that there is smoke to it. We will see as Beane still has made comments at OTA that they arent entirely happy with the TE corps and would be open to making a move if needed. I think if Philly is asking for much they will eventually get less as they need to clear some cap and 8.5 mil is a nice way to do so. TC is coming up and if there is a shot at making the move I think it will be before then in order to get him time to catch up to the playbook. 

On 7/4/2021 at 12:33 PM, soflbillsfan said:

A guy who has been in sports talk for 40 years with Eagles who hasnt had the need to give out information about a move has done it with Ertz, he may have said a gut feeling but I think he has a source who isnt entirely credible but believes that there is smoke to it. We will see as Beane still has made comments at OTA that they arent entirely happy with the TE corps and would be open to making a move if needed. I think if Philly is asking for much they will eventually get less as they need to clear some cap and 8.5 mil is a nice way to do so. TC is coming up and if there is a shot at making the move I think it will be before then in order to get him time to catch up to the playbook. 

Who the guy is or how long he’s been around seems irrelevant to me. We’ve seen big national media guys get things dead wrong and Joe Blow from Buffalo break news before anyone else. 

At this point, it’s an easy win for someone to say the Ertz trade will happen or is likely because there’s been so much talk about it for months. If it doesn’t, they just chalk it up to “couldn’t agree to terms” or Team B backed out. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Who the guy is or how long he’s been around seems irrelevant to me. We’ve seen big national media guys get things dead wrong and Joe Blow from Buffalo break news before anyone else. 

At this point, it’s an easy win for someone to say the Ertz trade will happen or is likely because there’s been so much talk about it for months. If it doesn’t, they just chalk it up to “couldn’t agree to terms” or Team B backed out. 

We will see but the last time this much smoke was there we trade for diggs. I thought it was all chatter when 2019 Trade deadline was coming around and thats all it was but when 2020 offseason hit he was traded to the team. I definitely think something is there it just depends on the deal as Minny didnt want to dump Diggs at the time and Beane waited until the offseason to make the move. I think this is the case for Ertz. Just not sure what the hang up is whether it is contract or pick issues.

22 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

We will see but the last time this much smoke was there we trade for diggs. I thought it was all chatter when 2019 Trade deadline was coming around and thats all it was but when 2020 offseason hit he was traded to the team. I definitely think something is there it just depends on the deal as Minny didnt want to dump Diggs at the time and Beane waited until the offseason to make the move. I think this is the case for Ertz. Just not sure what the hang up is whether it is contract or pick issues.

There’s no doubt the Bills at minimum had interest before the draft. That’s where the smoke originated. But then they signed Hollister after a report came out the asking price for Ertz was too much.

Since then it’s been Field Yates saying the Bills should trade for him and an Eagles radio guy who backtracked and said this:

https://t.co/MQvCdwHUei

10 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

There’s no doubt the Bills at minimum had interest before the draft. That’s where the smoke originated. But then they signed Hollister after a report came out the asking price for Ertz was too much.

Since then it’s been Field Yates saying the Bills should trade for him and an Eagles radio guy who backtracked and said this:

https://t.co/MQvCdwHUei

I just dont see the hollister signing having any impact on the Bills going after Ertz. Hollister is more of a depth guy behind Knox, if Ertz were to come in that would put Ertz in the driver seat while Knox continues to take the necessary steps to grow and hopefully turn the potential in to something consistent with out counting on him to be the TE1 in 2021 season. Holister also can get cut as it will only count against the cap as 139k. We will see I think the move of freeing cap for diggs wasn't random nor required as the rookie signings were already done without the money. If it had anything to do with an extension it would have been done at or near the same time for those who think it was to be used on the Allen extension. Beane was working on something and possibly still is. I think this will be a common link until Ertz is no longer an eagle. They are strapped and doesnt make sense to hold on to him when the media is all over the HC comments of using Goedhert as a feature player this year. Cant imagine them having Ertz ride pine at 12.5 mil. Its just a matter of when he will be gone, not saying he will end up being a Bill but he wont be on the Eagles week 1

22 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

just dont see the hollister signing having any impact on the Bills going after Ertz.

Ertz was likely Plan A, but the cost was too high so they went with Plan B (Hollister) and by all accounts have moved on. 

I doubt Ertz is in Philly this year too, but I also doubt he’s in Buffalo.

On 6/21/2021 at 1:10 PM, dll2000 said:

I am talking about way multiple people treated @BillsGuy82

You all told him to shut up and stop posting for giving his opinion.  On a forum.   Because you didn't like it.  Which is a larger problem he was pointing out.  And you proved him right.  

And why should Beasley not be able to give his opinion?  Obviously about 30 - 40% of population doesn't want to get the vaccine either.  And they don't want to be forced to against their will.

You may not agree with it.   Doesn't mean they have to shut up about it and accept your opinion or views on the issue.

No worries brother, I mean TLBF is arguably the biggest drama queen I've ever read in the 15+ years I've been on there boards. His BS dont bother me nor the others. My stance is my stance. Unlike the betas here, opinions dont bother me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

We should focus on CB depth. Steven Nelson would be a nice get

From what it seems that they showed interest in him early in the offseason however during OTAs Frazier and Mcdermott spoke highly of Dane and Levi for the #2 cb role. It seems like they plan going in to TC with the guys they have and wait to see what other teams do during that time where players are put on the trade block or cut. As for Nelson there were 8 teams mentioned that were interested in him and yet he still stays unsigned which has to make you wonder what the hold up is on him, is it an injury that has yet to be reported or is he asking for to much and no one wants to pay him right now? Same goes with Sherman I know he is 34 but you would think he would be a depth option for any of the teams out there who need it.

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

From what it seems that they showed interest in him early in the offseason however during OTAs Frazier and Mcdermott spoke highly of Dane and Levi for the #2 cb role. It seems like they plan going in to TC with the guys they have and wait to see what other teams do during that time where players are put on the trade block or cut. As for Nelson there were 8 teams mentioned that were interested in him and yet he still stays unsigned which has to make you wonder what the hold up is on him, is it an injury that has yet to be reported or is he asking for to much and no one wants to pay him right now? Same goes with Sherman I know he is 34 but you would think he would be a depth option for any of the teams out there who need it.

Likely holding out for a OTA on training camp injury in order to get paid. I dont think Sherman leaves the West Coast although I'd love the veteran championship experience