2021 Off-Season Talk: Coaches, free agents, extensions etc

Trentwannabe

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Wonder what the front 5 will look like this year. I can see spencer being placed at RT in some situations with Daryl sliding in to RG and Feliciano going to LG. I assume it will start off with Dawkins, Ford, Morse, Feliciano williams but changes could be made at times. Will be interesting to see how this oline stacks up as they were fairly solid against the pass last year 

Unless Brown really impresses during camp or pre season I don’t think he finds his way into the lineup baring injury.

Doesn’t make sense to move Williams inside after the year he had at RT and how he’s struggled in the past at Guard. If Ford doesn’t win that job, the staff seems pretty comfortable with Boettger.

Reason people wanted Beasley to just shut up in the first place:

He’s now knowingly sharing information about Bills player(s) that otherwise would likely have been kept private and have no reason to be public knowledge. 

Regardless of your position on the matter, no one should disagree that Beasley is Doing damage to the team and I guarantee McDermott and Beane are not going to be happy. Wouldn’t be shocked if they are allowed to fine him for conduct detrimental to the team. Whether or not they do remains to be seen.

13 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Reason people wanted Beasley to just shut up in the first place:

He’s now knowingly sharing information about Bills player(s) that otherwise would likely have been kept private and have no reason to be public knowledge. 

Regardless of your position on the matter, no one should disagree that Beasley is Doing damage to the team and I guarantee McDermott and Beane are not going to be happy. Wouldn’t be shocked if they are allowed to fine him for conduct detrimental to the team. Whether or not they do remains to be seen.

It is disappointing that he has to go through social media rather then just keeping his mouth shut. He is just talking his way out of his contract. People will say its impossible but its not, it can easily be said it was a cap clearing decision. While he is a great player on the field the distraction may force the front offices hand. I think he is good as gone in 2022 but he may latch on this year just because it is late in the offseason and your making a superbowl run but I can see his playing time drop if he stays on this year.

48 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

🤷‍♂️

I find it hard to believe he will be on the team. Not saying he will be here but he has a cap of 12.7 mil and they are over the cap now and will be at the limit when they dwindle it down to top 51 salaries. With constant talks of extending Goedhert I just dont buy him being there when they can clear more then 8 mil this year. Also they were rumored to be front runners for CB Nelson over the past week. dont see  how you can pay him with no cap space.

6 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I find it hard to believe he will be on the team. Not saying he will be here but he has a cap of 12.7 mil and they are over the cap now and will be at the limit when they dwindle it down to top 51 salaries. With constant talks of extending Goedhert I just dont buy him being there when they can clear more then 8 mil this year. Also they were rumored to be front runners for CB Nelson over the past week. dont see  how you can pay him with no cap space.

Both overthecap and spotrac are showing them under the cap, albeit not by much. But cutting him doesn't look like an option or at least one their GM is currently looking at. And clearly no team is willing to trade anything for the contract or recent production. 

12 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Both overthecap and spotrac are showing them under the cap, albeit not by much. But cutting him doesn't look like an option or at least one their GM is currently looking at. And clearly no team is willing to trade anything for the contract or recent production. 

With the 51 man cap they are 1 mil under the cap however they are well over the cap as of right now. There have been talks about them signing Steven Nelson and if they are so close to the cap someone has to either be cut , traded or restructured. The likely person is Ertz, the talks of extending Goedert have also ramped up whether it happens now I am not sure. Running the risk of not extending him could possibly cause for the franchise tag or him hitting free agency. Each guy thinks differently but if Roseman views Goedert as their long term TE and not ertz I do not see the point of spending the cap on him this year if it means extending your younger TE. You (meaning the one who believes not necessarily yourself) have to be in complete denial if you believe Philly can be a contender this year with the way things have panned out this summer having a rookie HC who didnt even call the plays on offense for the Colts and a 2nd year qb who was benched last game of the season not to mention the other holes that werent filled. To me keeping ertz makes little sense short term and long term for him but then again roseman doesnt seem like a rational guy at times. We will see what happens 

Edited by soflbillsfan

Like I'm sorry if you're fine with 8,000,000 different kinds of injections for totally legal and not at all harmful painkillers that team doctors dope you up with to slam into each other for 2 hours, you can get a vaccine shot.

Edit: Anyway, at least Diggs has his head on right AND is doing his damndest to subtweet these dudes into acting right

Edited by Thelonebillsfan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Like I'm sorry if you're fine with 8,000,000 different kinds of injections for totally legal and not at all harmful painkillers that team doctors dope you up with to slam into each other for 2 hours, you can get a vaccine shot.

Edit: Anyway, at least Diggs has his head on right AND is doing his damndest to subtweet these dudes into acting right

Yep. Love it.

Jerry Hughes as well.

Listen, the least you could do if you don’t want the shot, is shut up about it and not cause a disruption. Josh started down that path and hasn’t said a peep since. So happy he’s just been quiet and staying out of it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Yep. Love it.

Jerry Hughes as well.

Listen, the least you could do if you don’t want the shot, is shut up about it and not cause a disruption. Josh started down that path and hasn’t said a peep since. So happy he’s just been quiet and staying out of it. 

I just hope Josh got enough guilt and nudge nudging from the org (we won't give you your mega deal if you don't get the shots) to just get his vaccinations. If we lose a game or anything because our effing QB got COVID and infected the other half of the team being too dumb to get the shot, I might have a stroke. 

Hard not to like Jerry Hughes.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan