2021 Off-Season Talk: Coaches, free agents, extensions etc

Trentwannabe

Players or people can get vaccinated or not. I just dont see why there is so much talk on this discussion especially from football players. They literally go crashing into each other knowing the risk of CTE, they take pain pills and other substances to catch an edge at times.  Just dont see why its such a big deal to get the shot after dealing with all that. You telling me that these players didn't get vaccinated as a baby? This is no difference, and Jerry's comments have been spot on why doubt the scientist who have been doing this for years. People put alcohol, food, and sometimes drugs that you have no idea what is in it yet you trust that even after there have been numerous studies of illness linked to some of this stuff. Yet this is where players draw the line? I am over hearing and talking about it. Cant wait for the season to start so media can talk about something else and the players can stick to doing what they actually know which is football and not vaccination talk.

I honestly am lost for words. I have never seen someone try so hard to get cut in my life and TC has yet to start. Dont get his attitude about making this public, does he think someone is going to pay him $7-8 mil a year and put up with his antics. The bills have a culture and this is definitely causing some issues especially when he is blatantly arguing with a teammate on social media about it. 

At a point you have to cut him, he's the best slot WR in the NFL, sure, but that's not irreplaceable. He's clearly becoming a problem, he's clearly not going to learn, you have to cut ties at a point he's OPENLY antagonizing the organization and the NFL and the PA. Isaiah McKenzie can offer you 75-80% of what he can give you. That's enough.

6 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I honestly am lost for words. I have never seen someone try so hard to get cut in my life and TC has yet to start. Dont get his attitude about making this public, does he think someone is going to pay him $7-8 mil a year and put up with his antics. The bills have a culture and this is definitely causing some issues especially when he is blatantly arguing with a teammate on social media about it. 

He's poisoning the WR room, Diggs is strident in his position and Beasley is trying to turn the other guys to his position (and has mostly, sadly, succeeded). You can't keep letting this **** do this.

9 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

He's poisoning the WR room, Diggs is strident in his position and Beasley is trying to turn the other guys to his position (and has mostly, sadly, succeeded). You can't keep letting this **** do this.

I haven’t heard anything from Davis or Mckenzie. I’ve seen Diggs and Sanders both say they’ve gotten the shot

52 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I haven’t heard anything from Davis or Mckenzie. I’ve seen Diggs and Sanders both say they’ve gotten the shot

I haven’t seen anything recently from Davis but all last year he posted about a “Plandemic” and being anti vax

• Like 1

When you got guys like Diggs and Saunders say accountability availability that should be enough to show the young guys that it may suck to have to do it but rules are rules get it done as we have work to do. Davis should get it done or he will see a decrease in playing time. These coaches are going to look at the mid tier players and go with the plan of using the vaccinated players over the unvaccinated. Unless you are a Diggs, Allen or Tre type player your going to have to play ball and get vaccinated or you could lose a spot. These coaches are going to want consistency and reliability if you are unvaccinated and could be potentially out they wont game plan completely around you and they will for the next man who is. Mckenzie is a roster bubble player so I think he is going to have to be vaccinated if he wants to have a role with this squad. As for davis if he wants to separate himself from guys like Hodgins the smart move is to do it too. At this point it is pretty much mandatory whether you as a fan like it or not, it maybe a sport but its a business and some businesses require certain things and this is one of them in order to have a full season with fans in the stands. If they dont like it they should have opted out for the year. Another thing is for guys like Beasley he can be replaced with a guy who is still out there in free agency, may not post as good of numbers but certainly worth looking at. I would look at a guy like Dede Westbrook who was good in the slot before injury with inconsistent qb play he didnt have a true shot maybe with allen it could be improved. Just 1 of the several options on the open market as well as options in house.

On 7/21/2021 at 8:47 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Both overthecap and spotrac are showing them under the cap, albeit not by much. But cutting him doesn't look like an option or at least one their GM is currently looking at. And clearly no team is willing to trade anything for the contract or recent production. 

As I mentioned in my previous message that Eagles were interested in Nelson which they ended up signing a 1 year 4 mil deal which now puts them 3 mil over the cap. They got to move someone now by trade, cut or restructure. Not sure who will it be other then ertz at this point. 

19 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Prior to the draft I would say yes do it but at this point I dont see how you can fit it in with all these youngsters on the roster.

We are in a spot where we could legitimately challenge for a super bowl. If we can add a premier player to the spot where we struggled the most last season, you do it. You don’t count on two rookies, and Aj Epenesa over Chandler Jones. That’s a foolish take.

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

We are in a spot where we could legitimately challenge for a super bowl. If we can add a premier player to the spot where we struggled the most last season, you do it. You don’t count on two rookies, and Aj Epenesa over Chandler Jones. That’s a foolish take.

Foolish? You do realize he wants a new contract and is set to be paid 15 mil this year. You do realize that he is 31 years old and has played as a 3-4 OLB his entire career. Your expecting a lot on top of them drafting 2 DE in the top 2 rounds this year and 1 in the 2nd rd last year. Yes you already put your eggs in the basket you need these guys to perform at that level. Your now talking about giving  up another 1st rd pick for a pass rusher cause thats what its going to take to get jones. To me that is foolish. 

On 7/23/2021 at 10:28 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

Hes "poisoning the WR room." "He obviously wants to get cut so he can be a martyr."

You need to get a grip here kid, these are extreme hot takes with absolutely nothing varifying these statements. #dramaqueen 

Edited by BillsGuy82