2021 Draft Thread: Senior Bowl, Combine, Virtual Visits

Trentwannabe

29 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

CB2 is the clear biggest need right now.

DE, OG/C for the future and DT are next in line for me. 

I'd add RB but only if it's a clear upgrade over Moss (either needs to be a home run threat and/or a guy who can catch 50+ passes a season).

Agreed. After the Feliciano signing, I think we can rule out OL in round 1.

Etienne and Najee seem unrealistic, I think we see them go earlier than our pick. Even if we traded up, I don't think I'd be mad. I trust Beane and would be excited to see either guy in our offense. Game changing talents like that in our offense have me giddy. In other years it wouldn't be the smartest move, but I think we're good enough to be doing moves like that. 

I think it's more likely that we go CB2 followed by a gadget WR tbh. Those two positions are great fits for where we pick, we could get some outstanding value. 

Kadarius Toney and Rondale Moore seem appealing in the early rounds.

Amon-Ra St. Brown is a guy I really like in round 2 or 3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Etienne and Najee seem unrealistic, I think we see them go earlier than our pick. Even if we traded up, I don't think I'd be mad. I trust Beane and would be excited to see either guy in our offense. Game changing talents like that in our offense have me giddy. In other years it wouldn't be the smartest move, but I think we're good enough to be doing moves like that. 

I think it's more likely that we go CB2 followed by a gadget WR tbh. Those two positions are great fits for where we pick, we could get some outstanding value. 

Give me Dazz Newsome or Ihmir Smith-Marsette in round 5.

I think round 2 is a sweet spot for an IOL who could unseat Ford, Morse or Feliciano as a rookie and definitely by year 2

15 hours ago, Nick said:

I dont see them being unrealistic. There are 3 likable teams that would go for them in the 1st rd ahead of us. That is the Jets (2nd pick from Seattle, which I think they could go so many ways with this pick and rb is a need), Dolphins 2nd pick as I think they are the top candidate for an RB and with Aaron Jones re-signing with GB they may look at other RBs in FA or draft, and Steelers while they need a rb they also need oline and a future qb anything is possible here but the rb is still a top need for them moving in to the year and both guys are difference makers. Outside of these 3 teams who else do you see looking at a rb late in the 1st rd without a team moving up in the draft that is early 2nd rd? Pick 29 is GB dont need a rb, 28 is Saints have Kamara, 27 Ravens have edwards and dobbins, 26 Browns have Hunt and chubb, 25 Jaguars had their rookie Robinson run for over 1000 yards (possibility but they may have other needs), 24 Steelers mentioned as 1 of 3 teams, 23 Jets mentioned as 1 of 3 teams, 22 Titans have Henry, 21 Colts just drafted taylor, 20 Bears have Montgomery and cohen, 19 WFT is a possibility if they arent high on gibson. So I dont think it is that unrealistic for one to fall to bills at 30 unless there is some team out of left field that takes one or one team jumps the bills to get one. 

Would anyone be heartbroken to see us trade out of the first and get another 2nd and a 3rd or 4th round pick? 

One of the best ways Beane can now fill this roster and keep the salary cap going (after Josh gets paid) is lots of guys on rookie deals. I’m not sure I see much of a difference between pick 30 and picks 35-45 in regards to talent. 

Trade down, get more lotto tickets and  hopefully more productive players for cheap over the next 4 years. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Would anyone be heartbroken to see us trade out of the first and get another 2nd and a 3rd or 4th round pick? 

One of the best ways Beane can now fill this roster and keep the salary cap going (after Josh gets paid) is lots of guys on rookie deals. I’m not sure I see much of a difference between pick 30 and picks 35-45 in regards to talent. 

Trade down, get more lotto tickets and  hopefully more productive players for cheap over the next 4 years. 

Only reason I wouldnt do this is if a guy like etienne or harris are there and that Beane is adamant on upgrading the running attack. If neither are available and a team looking to land a player wants to move up I am all for it as there isnt going to be a stud player (outside of rb) that will fall to us it will likely be middle of the pack and can land similar compensation in the 2nd with that teams pick. The only thing you do have to take into consideration is that 5th year option you will be giving up by trading out but I dont think it would be that big of a deal. 

30 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Only reason I wouldnt do this is if a guy like etienne or harris are there and that Beane is adamant on upgrading the running attack. If neither are available and a team looking to land a player wants to move up I am all for it as there isnt going to be a stud player (outside of rb) that will fall to us it will likely be middle of the pack and can land similar compensation in the 2nd with that teams pick. The only thing you do have to take into consideration is that 5th year option you will be giving up by trading out but I dont think it would be that big of a deal. 

5th year option is nice but I’d still rather have an extra player or two on cheaper deals for four years than the ability to keep one player an extra season on an expensive deal 

With Beane at FSU Pro Day and potential connection to players that could be drafted at select positions:

Hamsah (Safety/LB, solution for those big time TE), Asante (#2 corner), and Marvin (IDT) would be ideal situations in the 1-3 rd with Terry being a 4/5th rd option, nice depth if they are looking for another big wr that can add that speed to stretch the field

Edited by soflbillsfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Beane was also at the Bama Pro day. Harris, Leatherwood and a few others make sense for us.

Maybe getting a closer look at some WRs or QB that could be in our division soon. 

Harris didnt participate but I hope they are looking at him for pick 30, was also at Clemson who had Etienne. Leatherwood is a projected late 1st to late 2nd rd pick and oline could potentially be in his cards but his expectations are LT and no other position according to his comments to a reporter. Not a fan of these tackles trying to put them in the most important position cause they know they will get paid more rather then being opened to being the best player at any of those oline positions. Moses is a LB who could potentially be an option for us as well. Doubt we have a shot at Surtain but maybe a potential move up if he drops.

On an unrelated note to Bama but draft related the bills are supposedly high on Iowa WR Ihmir Smith-Marsete. Projected 3-4th rd 

46 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Harris didnt participate but I hope they are looking at him for pick 30, was also at Clemson who had Etienne. Leatherwood is a projected late 1st to late 2nd rd pick and oline could potentially be in his cards but his expectations are LT and no other position according to his comments to a reporter. Not a fan of these tackles trying to put them in the most important position cause they know they will get paid more rather then being opened to being the best player at any of those oline positions. Moses is a LB who could potentially be an option for us as well. Doubt we have a shot at Surtain but maybe a potential move up if he drops.

On an unrelated note to Bama but draft related the bills are supposedly high on Iowa WR Ihmir Smith-Marsete. Projected 3-4th rd 

Seems really short sighted by Leatherwood and his agent. I also really like Landon Dickerson. 

The WR from Iowa would be a great addition. Basically a younger  and bigger McKenzie. Can also do KR

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

who was the last pass rusher that we produced from the draft that turned in to an all pro/pro bowler? I cant think of the last time we made out with an impactful player at this position? Is it Schobel in 2001 draft?

Yeah if we’re talking just Outside rusher then it sadly was Schobel. Otherwise I’d say Kyle Williams.

would be great if Epenesa or someone we take this year turns into that stud that OC have to prepare for.

27 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yeah if we’re talking just Outside rusher then it sadly was Schobel. Otherwise I’d say Kyle Williams.

would be great if Epenesa or someone we take this year turns into that stud that OC have to prepare for.

Dareus can be mentioned if you were doing inside but that is still 2 DTs in 15 years worth of drafting. As for outside it is very concerning and this draft it will have to be a diamond in the rough cause no one sticks out to be ready at the next level right away and others will be projects. 

how would you all feel about trading up for a Surtain or a Farley if they start falling into that ~15-20 range?

Unless something really unexpected happens, I just don't see myself loving anybody at 30. I know trading down feels like a great idea, but if we can get one of these top 10 worthy corners who are inevitably going to fall because of the runs on QB, WR, OL, it is something I would definitely be open to

7 hours ago, Tk3 said:

how would you all feel about trading up for a Surtain or a Farley if they start falling into that ~15-20 range?

Unless something really unexpected happens, I just don't see myself loving anybody at 30. I know trading down feels like a great idea, but if we can get one of these top 10 worthy corners who are inevitably going to fall because of the runs on QB, WR, OL, it is something I would definitely be open to

This is how I feel as well. There's not much at 30 to be excited for. Horn, Farley and Surtain are all studs in my eyes and would be fantastic to have... if it means moving a 2022 pick (likely our second) or our 3rd to secure them I'd be all for it.