What is Trade Value?

dll2000

23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Really? I'd figure that Donald was a non starter, but perhaps I'm in fatigue of this entire situation...

It's just due to age and positional importance. I love Donald and would be extremely dirty to trade him to Houston but it's the right move if that was the offer. And we've seen Donald's peak (at least close since he's 29), Watson will continue to get better. 

Edited by LeotheLion
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

It's just due to age and positional importance. I love Donald and would be extremely dirty to trade him to Houston but it's the right move if that was the offer. And we've seen Donald's peak (at least close since he's 29), Watson will continue to get better. 

All fair points...

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I think this is best decided like I did with Jamal Adams.  

Representing your favorite team, what would you trade, if anything, for:

1) Stafford.

2) Watson

3) Rodgers.

Go.  

Note:  Most all of us under guessed what a team would give for Adams.  But I also think Seahawks over payed.

For the Falcons:

1) Nothing. Ryan is better than Stafford.

2) Ryan + 2021 1st + 2022 1st (keep it simple, but this would improve the QB spot long term. Also, Watson is a hometown guy being from rural northeast GA. Would be able to have family at games and everything. Grew up as a Falcons ball boy.)

3) Nothing. Ryan is younger than Rodgers and talent wise is pretty equal. Different skill sets, but Ryan outperformed Rodgers from 2016-2018.

Edited by scar988

When we were shopping around Jamal, I kind of used this type of approach. I thought Jamal’s value was something like 1250 points on the trade value chart as this was roughly what the 49ers got for Buckner who I believed was a good comp from a value perspective to Jamal. We likely got more value than I expected, but not by much since both the first are likely in the 20’s. Should go without saying, but not all 1st round picks are created equal. 

For Watson, we don’t have a comp. But I think it’s something like 4,000 points on the trade value chart. So you can mix and match to see what it would cost each team. For the Jets it would be something like 3 first (including pick #2 of course) or our first three picks in this draft (pick 34 while a second is really high).

Watson - 4,000 (yes...off the charts)
Rodgers - I can’t even guess
Stafford - He’s 33 which is still reasonable. So may be something like 2,500

It’s tough because we don’t really have comps. Top QBs hardly ever get traded.

For the Jets, I would not trade for Stafford or Rodgers. It does not make sense for us.

Edited by SDotNova

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

If you're not offering up a 1st in 2021, Aaron Donald or Jalen Ramsey need to be in this deal. Heck, you could give up both 1sts, I'd be content with Watson for Donald + 2nd (I'm sure you wouldn't be, but this is high stakes poker, you don't just come in on the small blind on this).

As good as Donald is, wouldn't you just be better off accepting a trade from the Jets or Dolphins that include the #2 or #3 pick so you can draft yourself a new QB?  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

As good as Donald is, wouldn't you just be better off accepting a trade from the Jets or Dolphins that include the #2 or #3 pick so you can draft yourself a new QB?  

Probably, more likely - I'm just fatigued, can't think straight anymore on this one.

I'm legitimately exhausted - this feels like a very bad project or job, where everything is going wrong and I can't get anything accomplished.

3 hours ago, SDotNova said:

When we were shopping around Jamal, I kind of used this type of approach. I thought Jamal’s value was something like 1250 points on the trade value chart as this was roughly what the 49ers got for Buckner who I believed was a good comp from a value perspective to Jamal. We likely got more value than I expected, but not by much since both the first are likely in the 20’s. Should go without saying, but not all 1st round picks are created equal. 

For Watson, we don’t have a comp. But I think it’s something like 4,000 points on the trade value chart. So you can mix and match to see what it would cost each team. For the Jets it would be something like 3 first (including pick #2 of course) or our first three picks in this draft (pick 34 while a second is really high).

Watson - 4,000 (yes...off the charts)
Rodgers - I can’t even guess
Stafford - He’s 33 which is still reasonable. So may be something like 2,500

It’s tough because we don’t really have comps. Top QBs hardly ever get traded.

For the Jets, I would not trade for Stafford or Rodgers. It does not make sense for us.

The best comp is the RG3 trade.  I know its not perfect but his value has got to be something similar.  That was 3 firsts and a 2nd.  

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Probably, more likely - I'm just fatigued, can't think straight anymore on this one.

I'm legitimately exhausted - this feels like a very bad project or job, where everything is going wrong and I can't get anything accomplished.

The only way I can possibly see Watson getting traded is either to the Jets or Dolphins.  

Jets offer #2, #23, 2021 First, 2021 Second, Darnold if you want him.

Dolphins offer #3 (ironic), #18, 2021 First, 2021 Second and Tua if you want him.  

If I don't get either of those offers as Houston I hang up.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If I don't get either of those offers as Houston I hang up.  

This is a logical and reasonable response.

Jack/Cal don't do logical/reasonable. This is 2/3 the dream team that thought Nuk Hopkins for David Johnson was the best possible direction.

6 hours ago, scar988 said:

For the Falcons:

1) Nothing. Ryan is better than Stafford.

2) Ryan + 2021 1st + 2022 1st (keep it simple, but this would improve the QB spot long term. Also, Watson is a hometown guy being from rural northeast GA. Would be able to have family at games and everything. Grew up as a Falcons ball boy.)

3) Nothing. Ryan is younger than Rodgers and talent wise is pretty equal. Different skill sets, but Ryan outperformed Rodgers from 2016-2018.

Showtime Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

• Like 4

Just now, bigbadbuff said:

You would do Watson for Donald and a 2nd? Is that what i read?

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm just fatigued, can't think straight anymore on this one.

I would need 4 first round picks for Watson, or a top 5 pick, plus 2 firsts. This is a QB league. You want a young franchise QB guaranteed on your team for years to come? Pay the price.

Stafford, I would need 2 first round picks, and a mid round pick in return.

Rodgers I’d need 2 firsts and a 2nd in return.