Are the Chiefs approaching Patriots level in the eyes of neutral fans?

notthatbluestuff

And I felt they were robbed at Super Bull [sic] 40. Given my frustration that Peyton Manning didn't join the Browns, and how the Seahawks lost their previous Super Bowl, I actually enjoyed the Seahawks clobbering the Broncos in Super Bowl 48. I wasn't too mad that the Packers lost at Seattle in the NFC title game, because I knew for a long time that the Packers were not as good in the postseason on the road as they are at home (they went 12 straight seasons without a road playoff win, and then won 3 in 2010 on their way to winning Super Bowl 45).

Edited by pf9

Kinda hard to say. IMO its really the fanbases that do as much to drive the animosity as it is the teams themselves. That's certainly true of the Patriots.  

There's already one guy on here who is doing what he can to bridge the gap, and truth be told he is probably just a preview of what's to come. If that's the case, Andy Reid loving BBQ and Mahomes sounding like Kermit will start to feel less adorable before long to everyone else. Truth be told they've basically benefitted from getting to just be the cute little team next door up till now, at least as it relates to guys like Tyreek Hill. That can change pretty quickly. 

But that's really just talking about online. I'm from the Northeast and went to college predominantly with kids who "grew up just outside Boston," so I've gotten the full Boston sports fan experience IRL and that's what drove me more to being a Pats hater than anything that happens online. Idk if I know any Chiefs fans in real life, but I'm sure that will change and the bandwagoners are just going to help feed my Haterade. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

Until KC has an entire generation of fans who do not know what it is to not be a perennial winner and appear in every other Superbowl, than no.

Every team has its die hards and its bandwagoners, but the Pats' bandwagon has been strong for like 20 years - without any need for fair weather fans to hop off.

• Like 1

Not yet, Mahomes and Reid are infinitely more likable than Brady and Belichick. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Reid and Mahomes aren't the ones with multiple illegal filming, deflating, etc. scandals to their name. And AFAIK, the Chiefs haven't gotten a buttload of fairweather fans who basically didn't even exist before they became perennial contenders, the same can't be said about the Pats. Even Ben Affleck, who grew up near Boston, admitted Pats fans didn't exist during the Grogan era.

And they definitely won't start now that he's playing Brady, who's playing in his 10th SB, and AB, who's already in the big game after missing half the season and pretty much all of last season for being a colossal POS.

Oh, and as far as the GSW comparison, they had Draymond Green (speaking of POSs) fueling the hatred, so there's that, I guess.

Seriously:

24ARATON1-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&au 

No.  It's different too because people are talking about a chiefs dynasty and Mahomes as one of the best of all time and they have won 1 super bowl so far.  This isn't a knock on Mahomes, it's just a totally different situation than with the pats: Mahomes was regarded as a top QB before a SB win, while hardly anyone outside NE considered Brady a top ten QB in the league until after he won 3 rings.

I'm kinda neutral on the pats, but aren't most fanbases just kinda weary of them rather than hating them?  The hate seemed to fade away after like a decade of dominance, or maybe I'm crazy.  I'm sure division rivals don't like the Chiefs at the moment, the same way I disliked the cowboys in the early nineties and the eagles in the early 2000's.  If the chiefs can win their division 16 of the next 17 years then lets talk again, but the Pats dynasty seemed to be built on pretty much any player was expendable if they were too expensive and the continuity with BB and TB, I'm not sure KC will be able to duplicate that success, but maybe.

Really? 😂

This hate because you aint culture some people have is truly pathetic. I never hated the Pats, I was always super pumped for my team to try and beat them. What's the point in hating a team because they keep winning? It's not handed to them, they have to earn it. Not saying you should love them or anything, but hating is pointless, isn't it? 

I did find BB an arrogant stuck up prck though. Never bought into Brady hate. 

• Like 1

I told y'all the Ravens would win then lose to the bills who would then lose to the chiefs. Also had the Bucs beating the Packers.

If you're mad at me for being right about pretty much everything despite it being the unpopular choice in the GDT polls then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not going to be wrong just so I can have the popular opinion. I'm going to continue being right.

Also feel I was vindicated in my arguments for why Mahomes is more valuable than Rodgers and a marginal difference in stats due to stat padding against trash teams isn't more valuable than a better record, dominant wins against Brees, Brady, etc. and week 17 rest for your team.

Mahomes offensive line continues to be absolute garbage in the playoffs but it doesn't even matter because nothing phases him and he's the best back foot thrower of all time.

All I know is 2 minutes to go down 8 points 4th and goal were not kicking a damn field goal. Mahomes would simply refuse to come off the field. He also makes the play call for us in those crucial situations most of the time.

If you don't think we're the new Patriots your only argument is Mahomes won't stay healthy. Otherwise we're going to be in the super bowl plenty and you better get used to it.

Edited by Kirill

38 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I like Mahomes. I like Reid. I like Travis Kelce. I don't think I dislike anyone on KC, tbh.

There's only one reason (person) why I'd want KC to lose, someone who really doesn't impact anything KC actually does.

...nobody? Not even a certain someone?

I won’t name names, so don’t twist my arm.