Are the Chiefs approaching Patriots level in the eyes of neutral fans?

notthatbluestuff

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I love the fact that he's embraced KC too. I mean, buying a stake in the Royals? That's awesome. His fiancee bought an ownership stake in a female soccer team to be placed in KC. This is a guy who wants to fully embrace that place and just be an icon there and I kind of love it. 

KC deserves it too, guy is grounded and looking to become the icon of that area. It suits him well, actually.

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

You're a deranged mad man acting out of delusional rage due to the circumstances surrounding the Texans franchise right now.

It's gonna be alright bud.

I've made peace with the state of the Texans... but good job trying to deflect, Simon.

You are who you are that day. Confess... and we'll move on.

Admittedly I'm from the UK; (only follow NFL and the NBA) but hasn't Boston as a City had a silly amount of success in the past two decades in all 4 major sports which has kinda fed into the insufferable Pats/Celtics/Bruins/Red Sox fan as well? Danny Ainge and his goddamn assets being too often a talking point over the past 6 years is annoying enough as an NBA fan.

I like KC, Mahomes, Kelce, Honey Badger and Reid particularly. Nowhere near any dislike I've had for the Pats. I wouldn't even say I hate the Pats; just a little tired of them always being good without fail, but that's testament to how good the coaching/Brady e.t.c was

• Like 2

Just now, Magnifico said:

Admittedly I'm from the UK; (only follow NFL and the NBA) but hasn't Boston as a City had a silly amount of success in the past two decades in all 4 major sports which has kinda fed into the insufferable Pats/Celtics/Bruins/Red Sox fan as well?

I'd argue this plays into it - a lot, too.

Red Sox, Celtics were winning titles in this same time, so the entire area was sort of swimming in successful franchises.

The Royals are really bad (last I checked) after their one run, and KC doesn't have any other team worthy of note - so it's not the same as the Patriots/Celtics/Red Sox.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kirill said:

Also feel I was vindicated in my arguments for why Mahomes is more valuable than Rodgers and a marginal difference in stats due to stat padding against trash teams isn't more valuable than a better record, dominant wins against Brees, Brady, etc. and week 17 rest for your team.

Mahomes offensive line continues to be absolute garbage in the playoffs but it doesn't even matter because nothing phases him and he's the best back foot thrower of all time.

All I know is 2 minutes to go down 8 points 4th and goal were not kicking a damn field goal. Mahomes would simply refuse to come off the field. He also makes the play call for us in those crucial situations most of the time.

If you don't think we're the new Patriots your only argument is Mahomes won't stay healthy. Otherwise we're going to be in the super bowl plenty and you better get used to it.

You have been vindicated.  Mahomes has passed them all up.  He is the best in the game right now. 

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm 100% taking this and applying it everywhere possible around these parts. :) 

Each person I do this to has a theme - his was getting dunked on, but tapping out is more "on brand" for him. 

Although, I'll probably have to switch it up now for the Josh Dobbs fan club...

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Each person I do this to has a theme - his was getting dunked on, but tapping out is more "on brand" for him. 

Although, I'll probably have to switch it up now for the Josh Dobbs fan club...

When you're right and should feel bad about burning someone but don't at all...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

The hate for Mahomes creates a sort of tunnel vision amongst the detractors.

I’d argue the tunnel vision goes the opposite direction and say the talent and fame of Mahomes means the rest of the Chiefs team doesn’t get nearly their due.

For instance, the way Tony Romo calls games he seems to think Mahomes is their only player.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I’d argue the tunnel vision goes the opposite direction and say the talent and fame of Mahomes means the rest of the Chiefs team doesn’t get nearly their due.

For instance, the way Tony Romo calls games he seems to think Mahomes is their only player.

For me I guess my only annoyance with the Chiefs/their fans so far is that you literally can't talk about or mention another QB without Chiefs fans being like "Mahomes is better" or something along those lines. Like, yeah, everyone agrees, we don't need to preface every single conversation about every single QB in the league with "Ok so just so everyone knows Mahomes is better than this guy...anyway..." haha

8 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Yeah, I didn't pick up on that all. But then again, I don't hate Mahomes and am able to accept the reality that he's the greatest player of all time. Brady has accolades, rings, stats, etc. I get it. The old man is decorated. None of that crap matters when Mahomes is on the field. Dee Ford bailed Brady's *** out last time and then Mahomes improved as a leader. He's unstoppable right now. Brady now, nor in his prime would stand a chance at beating him Sunday.

If you don't see that, then you're a hater and thats OK.