Sources say Rodgers wants new contract

Siman08/OH

2 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

The only thing that gives me pause is that the guys who have a proven inside track to Rodgers (Wilde, Silver, Mcafee) are hinting strongly that some reconciliation between the franchise and Rodgers is needed...

I dont buy that for a second. Why's "reconnciliation" needed? Because they drafted Love?

Get over it.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Nothing directed at you. I just dont see the reconciliation angle.

I don't either ... that's bull****.  He signed his deal and he's being greatly compensated.  However, if he is up for reworking this thing so he gets some signing bonus dough and the Packers improve their cap I am all for it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

-Jordan Love right now is not a reason to not extend AR. I was one of the biggest fans of the pick, but AR is a bird in the hand. The only way we trade him would be if 2021 goes horribly, we need a rebuild, and we can get like 2 1s.

Love is not the only reason you don't extend AR, but it is part of the reason.  Perhaps a bigger reason is that he is signed to the end of 2023, no need to rush. Also, pushing a lot of money into a future cap is not really something the Packers have done to any great degree in the past. In effect, they don't like racking up too much debt on their credit card.  With a little patience, you have time to see if Love is likely to amount to anything, before messing with Rodgers contract. I am still of the strong opinion that Rodgers is here and starting all through 2021................if he parts ways with the Packers, it will most likely be in 2022 (and it could be in 2023 if Love doesn't pan out).

The Packers may move some money into the future (beyond 2021), due to what might be a brutal cap this year, but their past actions show their overriding aim is to organise the cap in such a way as to keep the Packers competitive every year. They just do not do boom/bust cycles.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1