Jump to content

Sources say Rodgers wants new contract


Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

You guys don't know Rodgers.  He is not going to use the retirement card.  Nor is he going to force a trade.  By all accounts he and MLF get along just fine.  These shock jocks in the media are something else.  They may rework his contract to free up some cap space.  Not once have I ever heard Rodgers complain about his contract.  It's all BS.  He'll be back in GB next year.  Not that I really mind.  Let the media blow this thing up.  Pack can field some offers.  In order to pry him out of GB it would have to be blockbuster on the order of 3 firsts and some players otherwise forget it.  

BTW all Rodgers meant was he is not in control of his destiny.  Guess what he's not.  Big deal.  The Packers want him back he wants to stay nothing to see here.

And you have to realize Rodgers is at the peak of his leverage....He knows chances are the Packers may move away from him after next season....IF this is indeed the case, he's not foolish enough to be used by the Packers for a year and than be sent to a bad franchise....He wants money up front as a sign of a commitment from the organization, not necessarily as a kind gesture to free up cap space....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

And you have to realize Rodgers is at the peak of his leverage....He knows chances are the Packers may move away from him after next season....IF this is indeed the case, he's not foolish enough to be used by the Packers for a year and than be sent to a bad franchise....He wants money up front as a sign of a commitment from the organization, not necessarily as a kind gesture to free up cap space....

I dont pretend to know the cap in and out, but wouldn't it behoove him to free up money to be able to get a player or two. I mean if the cap is around 190-200, and people make some cuts, there is the potential of adding someone cheap on like a one year deal right? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

I dont pretend to know the cap in and out, but wouldn't it behoove him to free up money to be able to get a player or two. I mean if the cap is around 190-200, and people make some cuts, there is the potential of adding someone cheap on like a one year deal right? 

Rodgers just lost a SB he so desperately wanted, and no doubt has to be miffed about the Packers drafting Love....If he doesn't feel the Packers have given him all the opportunities they could have since he took over as QB, he certainly isn't going to suddenly have faith in them now....JMHO...

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Rodgers just lost a SB he so desperately wanted, and no doubt has to be miffed about the Packers drafting Love....If he doesn't feel the Packers have given him all the opportunities they could have since he took over as QB, he certainly isn't going to suddenly have faith in them now....JMHO...

True. I just have also seen the "hes a bad teammate". "He doesn't like or get along with ML". I think he is genuine and does still want to be here. I guess we will see. Outside of The Colts or 49'ers is there as good of a situation? Rams? Dunno. I just hope there is a good talk and a plan is formed. Kind of tired of all the drama.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

He's not foolish enough to be used by the Packers for a year and than be sent to a bad franchise....He wants money up front as a sign of a commitment from the organization, not necessarily as a kind gesture to free up cap space....

He's slated to pull down 37.5M next year. I think thats the 3rd highest in the league. Truly abusive by GB to treat the guy that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

True. I just have also seen the "hes a bad teammate". "He doesn't like or get along with ML". I think he is genuine and does still want to be here. I guess we will see. Outside of The Colts or 49'ers is there as good of a situation? Rams? Dunno. I just hope there is a good talk and a plan is formed. Kind of tired of all the drama.

I'm not of the belief he is motivated by money, but that Rodgers wants to be where he can win a SB or two....If the hope of that ends here, why not fulfill a childhood dream and play with a franchise you grew up with?....I'm just trying to put myself into his reality....

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Leader said:

He's slated to pull down 37.5M next year. I think thats the 3rd highest in the league. Truly abusive by GB to treat the guy that way.

You are correct, if he's only motivated by wealth....His sports legacy however won't be determined by how much money he was paid..... 

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

You are correct, if he's only motivated by wealth....His sports legacy however won't be determined by how much money he was paid..... 

I should further add, those only looking for wealth generally don't let little things like losing NFCCG's upset them....Meeting Brady at the finale, you could tell he was dejected...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The amount of conjecture going on in this thread right now based on no truths is baffling lol

Seriously. Why do I have to listen to Bayless or Cowherd when I can read as mush unsubstantiated mumbo-jumbo right here?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I should further add, those only looking for wealth generally don't let little things like losing NFCCG's upset them....Meeting Brady at the finale, you could tell he was dejected...

Good. He should be disappointed. I'd expect nothing else.

What that has to do with his contract or future in GB........is a bridge too far for me. Sorry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Good. He should be disappointed. I'd expect nothing else.

What that has to do with his contract or future in GB........is a bridge too far for me. Sorry.

Go back and read my other posts....Rodger's money cannot buy him championships....IF championships are what he's seeking, adding money w/o upgrading talent may be a failed attempt to achieve the desired results for which he is seeking....

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Go back and read my other posts....Rodger's money cannot buy him championships....IF championships are what he's seeking, adding money w/o upgrading talent may be a failed attempt to achieve the desired results for which he is seeking....

That's fine. I dont need to read more. I think the entire thing is being way over thought.

It's the Jurassic Park Principle. When the scientists couldnt create a complete dinosaur DNA strand...they inserted some frog DNA. Here - we've got factoids and rumors being patched together with a bunch of frog DNA to create a complete illusion.

Edited by Leader
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...