Sources say Rodgers wants new contract

Siman08/OH

I hope they shut Rodgers down immediately on any idea he will have any kind of sway on personnel moves.  His title is QB, not GM, not Asst GM, not President, not a Vice President.  He plays football.  Now shut up and earn your money.  The very worst thing any team can do is cede power to a player.  If we're going to do that well then let's just put an AR on the helmet.  We will likely re-structure is contract, my only hope is we don't make it that much harder to move on from this aging QB down the road.  The Love pick is looking more and more like a mistake all the time.  Can we get a 3 for an unknown?  You can draft unknowns in Round 3 of this draft.  Even if we get a 2, we traded a 1 and a 4 for a 2.  The Packers brass should have remained quiet on the A-Rod situation, no need to blubber all over him.  Things could change.....

8 minutes ago, 15412 said:

The Love pick is looking more and more like a mistake all the time.  Can we get a 3 for an unknown?  You can draft unknowns in Round 3 of this draft.  Even if we get a 2, we traded a 1 and a 4 for a 2. 

I'm convinced Love's presence and the efforts the team went to get him - got AR to refocus on his game.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm convinced Love's presence and the efforts the team went to get him - got AR to refocus on his game.

And when the team knows Love doesn't have it or he does and he walks do we again draft a QB 1st Round to make sure Rodg remains "focused"?

1 hour ago, 15412 said:

And when the team knows Love doesn't have it or he does and he walks do we again draft a QB 1st Round to make sure Rodg remains "focused"?

If Love has it, he's not walking. If he doesn't, of course because we will still be looking for a viable post Rodgers option.

I'm not a big fan of adjusting Rodgers deal. It'll push more money into future cap hits.

4 hours ago, 15412 said:

I really question whether drafting Love caused Rodgers to be more focused.  I truly believe having a full year under his belt with the new offense and working closely with MLF and the OC are the reasons why Rodgers play returned to elite status and why he'll be the MVP this year.  Love can wait as long as Rodgers did.

6 hours ago, 15412 said:

I hope they shut Rodgers down immediately on any idea he will have any kind of sway on personnel moves.  His title is QB, not GM, not Asst GM, not President, not a Vice President.  He plays football.  Now shut up and earn your money.  The very worst thing any team can do is cede power to a player.  If we're going to do that well then let's just put an AR on the helmet.  We will likely re-structure is contract, my only hope is we don't make it that much harder to move on from this aging QB down the road.  The Love pick is looking more and more like a mistake all the time.  Can we get a 3 for an unknown?  You can draft unknowns in Round 3 of this draft.  Even if we get a 2, we traded a 1 and a 4 for a 2.  The Packers brass should have remained quiet on the A-Rod situation, no need to blubber all over him.  Things could change.....

Would you feel the same way IF Watts were able to wriggle his way out of Houston and wind up in GB?....

JJ Watt rumors: Texans star could be done in Houston - Sports Illustrated

3 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Would you feel the same way IF Watts were able to wriggle his way out of Houston and wind up in GB?....

JJ Watt rumors: Texans star could be done in Houston - Sports Illustrated

I don't follow, why would this sway my opinion?   Any outside or inside player could warrant a move, I'm just saying Rodgers should have no pretense of power to force the team to make moves.  Input sure, but no weight to it.  Practice squad players may have some ideas too... (I'm kidding with the last line, I'm just saying while 12's opinions should be welcomed and considered but it should be made clear they have no weighted power of any kind)

1 hour ago, 15412 said:

I don't follow, why would this sway my opinion?   Any outside or inside player could warrant a move, I'm just saying Rodgers should have no pretense of power to force the team to make moves.  Input sure, but no weight to it.  Practice squad players may have some ideas too... (I'm kidding with the last line, I'm just saying while 12's opinions should be welcomed and considered but it should be made clear they have no weighted power of any kind)

"The very worst thing any team can do is cede power to a player."....In their simplest form, both are demonstrations of a player's power over that of management's...

6 hours ago, 15412 said:

I agree spilltray.  But if Love has it, we don't pay 2 QB's.   If Love has it AND we have re-structured 12 we may have issues we do not want.  The team has a real good idea what they now have in Love.  12 knows too.

What makes you think anyone in GB has a "real good idea" of what they have in Love?  Was it the cancelled pre-season, the abbreviated camp, or the complete lack of live snaps in his rookie season?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

"The very worst thing any team can do is cede power to a player."....In their simplest form, both are demonstrations of a player's power over that of management's...

This whole Watson thing is hilarious to me.  His new team is going to cater to everything he wants and he's going to end up with 4 first round receivers, 4 first round offensive linemen, all free agent dollars spent on offense and he's going to set all sorts of records and win absolutely nothing.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

This whole Watson thing is hilarious to me.  His new team is going to cater to everything he wants and he's going to end up with 4 first round receivers, 4 first round offensive linemen, all free agent dollars spent on offense and he's going to set all sorts of records and win absolutely nothing.

His new team isn't going to have 8 first round picks lol.