Prime Rodgers vs Prime Peyton

RUGmen

??  

118 members have voted

1. 1. ??

This is actually a tough one... 2003-2006 Peyton Manning and 2010-2014 Aaron Rodgers is basically as good as it gets.

Upon further thought, my choice is 2010-2014 Aaron Rodgers. Probably the greatest streak of years we have ever seen.

Edited by BayRaider

Manning was the system, and I think that can't be overstated when talking about starting a franchise. Rodgers might be the most gifted QB of all-time in terms of pure arm talent, but I don't think anyone touches Manning's intelligence or ability to be his own scheme.

I voted Rodgers for this poll but that was before reading the actual post, and so for those reasons I'm going to pick Manning.

• Like 1

Being physically gifted is one thing. Manning's ball placement, touch, precision, timing, tempo, presnap recognition all was unparalleled by any to do it IMO. When you get a qb who is a combination of Manning, Marino, Rodgers and Lamar... you will have the perfect unstoppable qb.

The MMRL gene..

I went Rodgers because I like him more but you can’t go wrong either way. Two of the most talented QBs I’ve ever seen with 2 of the highest peaks I’ve ever seen. In fact, I think both of these guys peaked slightly higher in the RS than Montana or Brady, but Montana and Brady both get the nod for being more nails in the postseason.

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

This is actually a tough one... 2003-2006 Peyton Manning and 2010-2014 Aaron Rodgers is basically as good as it gets.

Upon further thought, my choice is 2010-2014 Aaron Rodgers. Probably the greatest streak of years we have ever seen.

Yeah, that's why I said I'd take peak Rodger over anyone. Brady is the goat over hsi career and mahomes is running close now for peak, but from the Falcons playoff game in 2010 up until early 2015 Rodgers was the most unstoppable person I've ever seen at the position. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

Yeah, that's why I said I'd take peak Rodger over anyone. Brady is the goat over hsi career and mahomes is running close now for peak, but from the Falcons playoff game in 2010 up until early 2015 Rodgers was the most unstoppable person I've ever seen at the position. 

2009 was pretty damn good as well. Just didn’t have a great defense and that 2009 Vikings team with Favre was absolutely dominant.