Prime Rodgers vs Prime Peyton

RUGmen

??  

118 members have voted

1. 1. ??

7 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Ohhh...so two with the Colts and two with the Broncos (that's right)

The 3-2 record must have home come in division round then?  

I always just thought the Pats just dominated the Colts in the playoffs.  

He lost a divisional in Foxborough

On 1/26/2021 at 9:50 PM, DirtyDez said:

Let’s do the ole’ switcheroo...

Would Rodgers have had a better/worse/even career with Indy?

Would Peyton have a better/worse/even career in Green Bay?

I feel like Peyton is capable of doing more with less than Rodgers is.

I feel like you could put Peyton on any team on the NFL no matter how crappy their roster is and he will make each player play above their heads. Not sure I can say Rodgers would do the same.

12 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I feel like you could put Peyton on any team on the NFL no matter how crappy their roster is and he will make each player play above their heads. Not sure I can say Rodgers would do the same.

Probably a good time to remind people how much GB we're getting tagged in for not giving Rodgers any weapons in last year's draft, on the basis that the Packers had Davante Adams, Aaron Jones and otherwise one of the very worst sets of skill position players in the entire league. 

• Like 2

Manning gets the same love as Joe Montana.

• You just pretend there were no playoff games before the AFCCG like you pretend only Super Bowls count for Joe.
  • 9 one-and-dones don't matter, he's 4-1 in AFCCGs and Rodgers is 1-4 in NFCCGs!

Rodgers had 3 one-and-dones in 10 playoff years. (30%)

• One of them was a 51-45 OT loss.

Peyton had his 9 one-and-dones in 15 playoff years (60%)

• He scored under 20 in 7 of them.
  • In the one shootout he threw the duck in OT that ended it.

Those Colts probably play in 3 or 4 more AFCCGs with Rodgers. Maybe he goes 4-3 instead of 2-1 like Peyton in Indy

Peyton did not take a single bad offense into the playoffs. He still managed to score less than 20 points 12 out of 27 games.

• An Aaron Rodgers playoff team has never scored less than 20 in the playoffs.
  • FYI, Brady was held under 20 points 11 times but in 45 games.

Rodgers is the better QB. Manning had Polian building his team and played in a dome.

Peyton is still a top 10 maybe top 5 QB, but Rodgers on his teams would be better.

Rodgers is pretty bad at GWD in the playoffs (2 in 20)

• Manning is worse (2 in 27)
  • Brady has 14 in 45

If Manning had his regular seasons and a playoff resume like Montana then this would be different.

In many ways he's the 2nd best playoff Manning.

• GWDs, playoff win percentage, performance during SB runs, road wins, wins against teams with a better record, etc.
  • Both Manning boys are 87.4 rated playoff passers. Rodgers is at 100
  • Eli was a 30 something rated passer in playoff game 1 and way better after. Peyton was all over the place.
  • Eli had 5 playoff games of 100+ rating in 12 tries. Peyton had 6 in 27 tries.
  • Rodgers has 10 in 20
  • Brady has 18 in 45

• Like 1

My 2 favorite Peyton Manning stats:

1 - In 4 Super Bowls, Manning (77.4 rating) has 3 TD passes to his own teams and 2 to the other teams.

2 - His SB offenses scored 22, 17, 8 and 17 points.

• Adds up to 64 points.
  • Now subtract 16 for 2 pick-6s and a saftey.
  • 48 / 4 = 12 net points per game
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 4:21 PM, Billy86 said:

Probably a good time to remind people how much GB we're getting tagged in for not giving Rodgers any weapons in last year's draft, on the basis that the Packers had Davante Adams, Aaron Jones and otherwise one of the very worst sets of skill position players in the entire league. 

Probably a good time to remind GB fans they had two first team all-pros on the offensive line.

On 2/24/2021 at 11:27 PM, bucsfan333 said:

I think it's Peyton. His ability to just look at his receivers and everyone knows the defense and the right route to run against it was special.

He's probably one of the least physically gifted elite QBs to ever play. But I don't know that there are many QBs who knew what was gonna happen after every snap like Peyton did.

Rodgers is one of the most physically gifted QBs to ever play. His ability to make any throw and maneuver the pocket are all time.

No I really don't think so. Peyton had a strong arm and could make all the throws. No one threw deep comeback to field side better than Peyton. His footwork in the pocket was expertly crafted.

Rodgers has a strong arm but I doubt its stronger than the likes of Greg Cook,  Joe Gilliam, Bert Jones, John Elway, ect. He runs well but not at the top level. He is a great off schedule quarterback making plays.

It really just depends on personal taste on who you take between these two.

Edited by raffy15

2 hours ago, ASmithFan1010 said:

Probably a good time to remind GB fans they had two first team all-pros on the offensive line.

Most of us realize this and fear we may have to let our All-Pro center walk for cap relief.  😟

On 2/25/2021 at 6:06 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Peyton was on some very, very good teams throughout his prime.  Had no shortage of targets, defense was solid at worst.  

I don't disagree with you though.

15 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Peyton was on some very, very good teams throughout his prime.  Had no shortage of targets, defense was solid at worst.  

I don't disagree with you though.

Yup. Manning played with Faulk, Harrison, Wayne, Edge and Clark in Indy and had Thomas, Dickerson, Welker, Sanders and Anderson in Denver

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...