SENIOR BOWL- GDT Saturday Jan 30th 2:30

ARTMONK HOF

South Carolina WR Shi Smith looked great in the abbreviated one v ones I got to see on TV yesterday. I watched a lot of Bryan Edward’s last year, and Shi really flashed a lot as their 2nd option in that offense. Pure slot WR, but he checks all the boxes you’re looking for in a reliable slot man. 

To me, he’s in the mix with guys like Dazz Newsome who could creep into the 3rd round area and be great, productive, important role players. If we don’t get Samuel and don’t go with one of those more explosive slot WRs in the first 2 rounds, I’d love to look at one of those guys in the 3rd. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

D’Wayne Eskridge/West Mich. scary speed. Impressing at practice. Looks like a nightmare for db’s

I’ve watched some Eskridge highlights in the last couple months, have been very interested to see how the pre-draft process plays out with him. He didn’t run a wide variety of routes at WMU, a lot of slants and stop routes, but he just had too much burst and too much speed for those MAC guys to deal with. 

Which leaves me curious. Does he have more in his arsenal in terms of route repertoire (which might show up at the Senior Bowl)? Or is he too fast and twitchy for even Power 5/NFL prospects to handle (might show up at the Senior Bowl or in the Pro Day numbers)?

It sounds like he’s off to a good start. I haven’t watched the Weds practices that were on ESPNU yet, but I’m looking forward to seeing him in action.

As long as Trey Smith-OG/Tenn passes his medical, he’s the best guard I’ve seen at these practices. He’s had blood clot issues in the past so that will play a huge part of where he lands. I hope his medical is fine and we draft him. From what I read, he’s a better person (great character) than player. Hope it works out for him and us. 

4 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

As long as Trey Smith-OG/Tenn passes his medical, he’s the best guard I’ve seen at these practices. He’s had blood clot issues in the past so that will play a huge part of where he lands. I hope his medical is fine and we draft him. From what I read, he’s a better person (great character) than player. Hope it works out for him and us. 

Round 2? Not sure I’d take him round 1 considering other talent that should be available.

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Round 2? Not sure I’d take him round 1 considering other talent that should be available.

If his medical checks out, he will probably go in the first part of the second. Taking him in the first, that would be tough. You root for a kid like this, definitely a RR type player. 

• Like 1