Mock for the fun of it 2 trades

OnWisconsin-JRS

Let me start by saying this:

THIS IS JUST FOR FUN AND WILL NEVER EVER HAPPEN!!!!! BUT IT WILL BE A RIDE.

Cut:

Christian Kirksey

Dean Lowry 

Resign:

David Bahktari 

Jamal Williams 

Mercedes Lewis 

Allen Lazard 

Robert Tonyan 

Rick Wagner 

Storyline:

Aaron Rodgers walks into a meeting with Gutey and Matt with a couple of demands. He really wants another ring and we are so so close.

So Gutey starts on his plan to get Aaron a ring and show him that we are all in.

First Aaron gets an extension but creates more cap space in the process but gets a new 5 year deal making him 42 and retires a Packer the right way.

Second D. Adams gets a new deal and actually frees up some cap space just like Rodgers. Keeps the tandem together. Set some records.

Third and this is the ticket to the Super Bowl. Gutey calls Washington because his feelers say they want Love. He fits in there timeline and is there qb of the future. 

Trade:

GB gets: Terry McLaurin 

Washington gets: Jordan Love, Eq. St. Brown and 3rd Round Pick 

Fourth thing Gutey does is bring a local boy back home. Calls Houston for JJ

GB gets: JJ Watt

Houston gets: Preston Smith and a 4th round pick.

JJ restructures his deal and signs a small extension.

The Draft:

Round 1: Travis Etienne RB Clemson

Round 2: Eric Stokes CB Georgia 

Round 3: Traded 

Round 4: Traded

Round 4: Comp Ar’Darius S Washington 

Round 5: Trevon Grimes WR Florida 

Round 5: Comp Cole Van Lanen OT WI

Round 6: Tommy Tremble TE Notre Dame 

Round 6: Comp Osa Odighizuwa DL UCLA

Round 7: Erroll Thompson LB Miss St.

9 hours ago, squire12 said:

why does GB need Jamaal Williams, Dillon and Etienne?

Same reason they had Jones. LaFluer has made it very clear he likes 3 backs. I do think u go 4th for a RB. I’m starting Dillon forsure with Williams backing up and finding a quick shifty 3rd RB, not sure who but would be ideal. I’d hate to see Jones go, he’s a packer !!

JJ watt rumors need to die. Dude can’t stay healthy and is not worth the money.

id trade Love for McLaurin in a heartbeat, dude is special and imagine him with Adams, Lazard, MVS, and Tonyan. That’s scary but I don’t see Redskins trading him as they can easily draft a QB this year as it’s kind of a deep class and may see 4-5 QB selected in the 1st

10 minutes ago, A2j1m said:

Same reason they had Jones. LaFluer has made it very clear he likes 3 backs. I do think u go 4th for a RB. I’m starting Dillon forsure with Williams backing up and finding a quick shifty 3rd RB, not sure who but would be ideal. I’d hate to see Jones go, he’s a packer !!

I think 2020 having 3 back is different as Jones and Williams were in the last year of their contracts.   This is Dillon for 3 more, Williams resigned for ??? years, Etienne for 4-5 years.  That is a lot of investment to the RB position 

I dont see a RB getting nabbed in the first round - but, I think we could both resign JW and add a good RB down the draft line - and stay within (or close) to our current expenditures.

How much have we invested in the RB position? Broken down by year and rounded. This isnt a statistical research project.
AJ - 6.6K / 4.7K / 6.4K / 2.1M - 3.9M total
JW - 1M / 5.5K / 6.4K / 2.1M - 4.3M total
AJD - 2M / 850K / 1M / 1.3M - 5.2M total
DW - In two seasons he's cost GB 9.2K

I'm not counting on Dexter Williams at all and hope we cut him.There's no "on the field" evidence DW gets it and keeping him around just because he's cheap defeats the purpose of winning games.

Take AJ and DW out - give JW a slight bump (or maybe not) - I think there's more than enough cash to pay a decent 3-4th round RB - one that can actually perform when/if he hits the field. Who knows. GB may have some RB on the PS they plan on elevating. Time will tell.

Edited by Leader

This was fun, and I like it.  The only thing I don't like is giving a player, even Brent Favre or Rodg, that much credence.  That ends up being power.  The team is alwyas working for a ring, they don't need players whining about it.  Input is fine, just don't make threats or try to tell the front office what they must do.

But it was fun!

Just for shucks and giggles, thedraftnetwork.com discusses two mid-round running backs (Round 4/5) who may have some promise. Kylin Hill, Mississippi State, 5-10, 214, is a pounder who has nice hands in the passing game. Khalil Herbert,Virginia Tech, 5-9, 205, is more of a slasher like Aaron Jones, although he needs to improve his pass blocking. There will still be a rotation of backs in Green Bay of some kind. If Jones is too expensive, A.J. Dillon and Jamaal Williams have individual qualities that could complement a mid-round back. Just sayin'.

On 1/28/2021 at 2:55 AM, Gypsy1027 said:

Just for shucks and giggles, thedraftnetwork.com discusses two mid-round running backs (Round 4/5) who may have some promise. Kylin Hill, Mississippi State, 5-10, 214, is a pounder who has nice hands in the passing game. Khalil Herbert,Virginia Tech, 5-9, 205, is more of a slasher like Aaron Jones, although he needs to improve his pass blocking. There will still be a rotation of backs in Green Bay of some kind. If Jones is too expensive, A.J. Dillon and Jamaal Williams have individual qualities that could complement a mid-round back. Just sayin'.

I watched film on Kylin Hill and came away impressed.  Dude runs mean.

Also, living in Blacksburg, VA I got to watch a few VaTech games this year and Khalil Herbert is a damn good running back.