Week 6 GDT: Bears @ Ravens

Madmike90

Just now, GOGRIESE said:

Honestly what's special about him? He hasnt done **** today.

Good play by Trubisky at the end. Damn good play. 

Neither has most of the offense. You just have a hard on against the kid. lol

2 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Honestly what's special about him? He hasnt done **** today.

Good play by Trubisky at the end. Damn good play. 

What have any of the WRs done today, and I'll just say I have only seen the 4th quarter where the Bears were going run run pass. So from my very small point of view the play calling wasn't helping at all either.

Congratulations with the win. Insane how much you guys tried to lose, but in the end, our inability to play sound, clutch football prevailed.

Also, get your guy some weapons and an upgrade or two on the oline, and he could be exciting. Trubisky really did enough to win and saved you on a couple of plays.

Better team won, and should have been way more comfortable if not for special teams - even though Bellamy definitely touched the runner on the kick off return. Defense deserved that W, they played some really good stuff, how about Kyle Fuller! Brilliant game from him. Hicks showing again why he should be a Pro Bowler. Goldman showed up big in the run game. And Adrian Amos' first ever pick might have been worth the three season wait...

I feel bad for Mitch, these are great tests because this is the absolutely the most difficult he is ever gonna have it; playing defenses like the Vikings, Ravens, and next up Panthers to start off with literally NOBODY to throw to. Missed a couple throws early but what he was asked to do today he did well, and that completion to Kendall Wright in OT on third down was awesome, stepping up away from pressure and delivering a perfect ball.

Passing attack is atrocious but god I love wins.

53 minutes ago, RidiculousJames said:

Better team won, and should have been way more comfortable if not for special teams - even though Bellamy definitely touched the runner on the kick off return. Defense deserved that W, they played some really good stuff, how about Kyle Fuller! Brilliant game from him. Hicks showing again why he should be a Pro Bowler. Goldman showed up big in the run game. And Adrian Amos' first ever pick might have been worth the three season wait...

I feel bad for Mitch, these are great tests because this is the absolutely the most difficult he is ever gonna have it; playing defenses like the Vikings, Ravens, and next up Panthers to start off with literally NOBODY to throw to. Missed a couple throws early but what he was asked to do today he did well, and that completion to Kendall Wright in OT on third down was awesome, stepping up away from pressure and delivering a perfect ball.

Passing attack is atrocious but god I love wins.

The part I love about this is exactly this.

Just got to watch the recording. He has no major talent around him on the outside, he isn't lining up with Hopkins and Fuller out there to keep teams honest. But against two teams that give up under 20 PPG, are in the top 6 in sacks, and both at top 5 in INTs he has played well and been able to be smart with the ball. He had the bad throw at the end of the game vs MIN, but for the most part he has been able to take his shots while still throwing the ball away when he had nothing. He is being safe with the ball and making plays when he can.

Mitch is doing this despite -

- Mediocre OL play

- First two games with real schemes for him

- Lack of WR talent

- Loggains borderline Tice-level predictable playcalling.

- Whitehair's worrisome frequency poor snaps (love how calm he is after having to dig for the ball though)

When Glennon had to handle any one of these it was a broken play. He is handling multiple at the same time and still putting us in position to win. Get some talent around him and a better coach, and we are looking at a totally new offense.

30 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I dont see what the point of starting him was. They might as well leave Bellamy out there. 

Both are terrible options as starters. Different side of the same fire to me. Bellamy is 28 and sucks, Gentry is 22 and may develop at least. Either way, they should both be upgraded over. They are reserves who need to be special teams contributors to make the 53 IMO.

1 hour ago, GOGRIESE said:

I dont see what the point of starting him was. They might as well leave Bellamy out there. 

Because an unknown is already better than a known failure.

Bellamy should have been cut 3-4 times before.

Let the young WRs get some run. That was a very good secondary today and a very conservative game plan.

Run game and defense were awesome.  Special teams kept Baltimore in the game.  We keep scoring on trick plays, thats gonna catch up to us if we keep it up.  We gotta let our offense make plays.  Our D played very good, and if they keep it up we'll be in games.  With a couple offensive weapons for Mitch and better STs, we can be a contender. 

I know its a win but still feels like a loss to me.  the 14pts on special teams just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.  the poor coaching is unbelievable and is approaching tresman era bad. 

Now the bright spots.  Kyle Fuller balled out.  what a game and what a season this guy is turning in.  The Defense played great turn overs pressure on the QB.  Can't ask for more.

Mitch did exactly what I expected and that was manage the game well don't lose the turnover battle.  His mobility continues to impress me.   

Archived