2021 Detroit Lions Starting QB

Millenhater

I'm coming off my thoughts of (moving Goff along to another team) happening a little bit and I expect the Lions' starting QB for at least the beginning of 2021 to be Goff.

I just pray that they're not counting on him going forward to the point that they'd pass on a QB at 7.

Edited by Superduperman

17 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I'm coming off my thoughts of (moving Goff along to another team) happening a little bit and I expect the Lions' starting QB for at least the beginning of 2021 to be Goff.

I just pray that they're not counting on him going forward to the point that they'd pass on a QB at 7.

I think part of the appeal of trading for Goff was so they aren't forced to reach for a QB at #7. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

If you give Goff protection, he'll perform. I wonder if he'll wear gloves again. He might want to consider that. It felt like he was throwing tighter spirals against GB with the gloves, despite the injury.

9 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I think part of the appeal of trading for Goff was so they aren't forced to reach for a QB at #7. 

That does make a lot of sense. For a team that has a lot of holes and is looking 2-3 years into the future, the last thing you want to do is be forced to reach or trade up to get someone and give up everything that you gained with the Stafford trade. 

Carolina and Washington were both pretty aggressive in the Stafford trade offers. I have to imagine that they will be in the mix to try and grab either Wilson, Fields or Lance or someone like Darnold. 

On 2/1/2021 at 9:40 AM, Karnage84 said:

That does make a lot of sense. For a team that has a lot of holes and is looking 2-3 years into the future, the last thing you want to do is be forced to reach or trade up to get someone and give up everything that you gained with the Stafford trade. 

Carolina and Washington were both pretty aggressive in the Stafford trade offers. I have to imagine that they will be in the mix to try and grab either Wilson, Fields or Lance or someone like Darnold. 

I think Goff will be the QB going forward. He’s had playoff success and as mentioned by our L.A. friends he needs certain complimentary pieces which can be put in place. 

Fix the right side of the line. Sort out the WR situation and eliminate the need to chase a QB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, diehardlionfan said:

I think Goff will be the QB going forward. He’s had playoff success and as mentioned by our L.A. friends he needs certain complimentary pieces which can be put in place. 

Fix the right side of the line. Sort out the WR situation and eliminate the need to chase a QB. 

If we can add a RT and let Vaitai play RG then our OL should be resolved. If a part of the plan is to have Swift more involved as a pass-catcher, I'd like to add another more pure runner into the mix (especially a power option). 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 5:06 PM, CWood21 said:

IF Goff could net a FRP+, why wouldn't that have been apart of the initial trade?  Either the Lions legitimately like Goff or Goff doesn't have that trade value.  There's really no reason this trade couldn't have morphed into a 3-team trade.

Perhaps the fact that the Stafford/Goff trade was made in January? Perhaps the uncertainty surrounding Watson's availability/market, or the status of other players?

A 3rd team wouldn't have to be involved in the trade for Goff to have a market at some point this offseason.

26 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

My theory is Detroit will package together something in conjunction with what they received from the Rams for Stafford and make a play for Watson. 

I don't see that happening. The team wasn't losing because of QB play. It was everything else surrounding it. 

• Like 1