2021 Detroit Lions Starting QB

Millenhater

16 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

stop it miami defence is really good...and weapons...jets are trash. but they have that #2 pick. no player is worth multiple 1st...cant believe rams did for stafford. ive been waiting for this offseason for like 10 years...

If anything, a lot more players are worth multiple firsts than people think. First round picks are overvalued. 

Having a franchise QB is great but not at the expense of destroying the teams ability to address other areas of need. Breaking the bank, be it draft capital or financial makes sense when the team will have surrounding pieces to make the QB successful.

It makes no sense to draft or trade for QB’s when a team is set up for them to fail.

• Like 2

I was thinking about this QB draft class and I think we should spend #7 on one of the big 4 and here’s why.  Not only are all four extremely talented but Goff gives them a year to sit.  I know that seems obvious but the thing about these 4 is they all thrive outside of structure, which I feel is necessary in today’s NFL.  What they need to work on is being more successful in structure; and that is something Goff excels at.  The problem with Goff is he seems to struggle outside of structure and that is why i don’t believe he will ever be a truly elite QB.  I’m rambling a bit but I just think it would be a great pairing and perhaps we can flip Goff in a year or two for another pick if he plays well.

47 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I was thinking about this QB draft class and I think we should spend #7 on one of the big 4 and here’s why.  Not only are all four extremely talented but Goff gives them a year to sit.  I know that seems obvious but the thing about these 4 is they all thrive outside of structure, which I feel is necessary in today’s NFL.  What they need to work on is being more successful in structure; and that is something Goff excels at.  The problem with Goff is he seems to struggle outside of structure and that is why i don’t believe he will ever be a truly elite QB.  I’m rambling a bit but I just think it would be a great pairing and perhaps we can flip Goff in a year or two for another pick if he plays well.

I’ve seen you state “big 4” before and I’m interested in this. Most agree on a big 3 of Lawrence, Fields and Wilson. Not sure I’ve seen a 4th QB on par with them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I’ve seen you state “big 4” before and I’m interested in this. Most agree on a big 3 of Lawrence, Fields and Wilson. Not sure I’ve seen a 4th QB on par with them. 

Gotta agree. Lance scares the heck out of me. It does help that the Lions wouldn't need to rush him, but he's a total wild card. For me, there's a big two: Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson. After those two, Fields is definitely deserving of a top 10 pick, but I have more reservations about him. His field vision and processing at this point are both iffy. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

I agree with a caveat. First round picks are more valuable to rebuilding teams. 

And teams with strong scouting foundations in place. Having 100 draft picks doesn't help if you're bad at picking players. If you have a process and eye for talent evaluation, the draft is the best way to build and maintain a foundation for success. 

On 2/4/2021 at 9:15 AM, Karnage84 said:

And teams with strong scouting foundations in place. Having 100 draft picks doesn't help if you're bad at picking players. If you have a process and eye for talent evaluation, the draft is the best way to build and maintain a foundation for success. 

Yup. I’m assuming Holmes has an eye for talent.